A Definitive Answer Please Regarding 90 Day Reporting By Post

gennisis

Come on down!

Let's play another game of guess what's new and surprising at CM immigration today.

.....and when you find out, let the people who work there know. wink.png

Can someone please confirm whether or not it is correct that CM immigration no longer accept a written 90 day's report application, if this is the case then we must of course appear again and queue up.

Confirmed. See posts above.

Come on down!

Let's play another game of guess what's new and surprising at CM immigration today.

Can someone please confirm whether or not it is correct that CM immigration no longer accept a written 90 day's report application, if this is the case then we must of course appear again and queue up.

I think anyone who bothered to read your post 10 would know the answer.

Come on down!

I think anyone who bothered to read your post 10 would know the answer.

Maybe some can't read past post 1???

I went really early Friday morning for my 90 day report, and in spite of the warnings about the list not being important any longer, I signed on to the outdoor sheet at #11. It was there, and I thought there must be a reason. Then I settled in to endure some interminable conversation from a boring man who apparently had nothing to do, and no sensitivity to social cues.

Two hours later, I witnessed incredible rudeness from this same man and another ex-military type as people pushed through the side door in a panic. The French were appalled. Majority opinion was that everything had gone Darwinian, as suggested on the website, and it was first in, first served.

Went in at my leisure from a position near the door and obtained entry chit #22. So be it. I hadn't got my copies made, so I went out back. Within two minutes, the front desk was calling my number. Maybe some weight is still given early sign-ins? Dunno. I fought my way back into the building, and interrupted a very belligerent and dismissive #26 to get my queue number, which put me in queue position #7. Sat down next to a hapless man on his THIRD one-year student visa, and he was near tears. He had an entry chit marked #107 in his hand, and, of course, no queue number yet. Nor would he ever have one, but I didn't say so.

Before my number came up, an old friend popped in the door, totally oblivious to the chaos, and circled the room to approach the jammed up queue counter. After a minute, he dropped into the freshly vacated seat next to me. He told me he'd forgotten his extension for 60 days, and had just remembered. I asked how he expected to finish his business within the day, given his very late arrival, and he showed me his queue ticket: #528. He'd simply picked up the PM47 form while passing by the desk, and waved it at the people manning the counter.

I was out in twenty minutes. He was out in thirty.

The guy with chit #107 may still be there.

Be careful what you believe.

As always, the staff were impeccable, and that in spite of a scene reminiscent of Black Friday.

Edited by anselpixel

We need additional confirmation from other members to ensure that the mentioned 90 day mail report cancellation is indeed correct in order to ensure that there is no possibility that post 10 was either misinformed, or misunderstood the matter.

You need....I think most others have drawn their own conclusion.

We need additional confirmation from other members to ensure that the mentioned 90 day mail report cancellation is indeed correct in order to ensure that there is no possibility that post 10 was either misinformed, or misunderstood the matter.

Conclusions will either be positive or negative because the outline it has no formal confirmation, nevertheless it is not important to receive it here because members will no doubt contact the immigration office in order to find out.

He could always go in and ask them himself.

Another member in the other thread reported that :

"Posted 2012-12-23 16:59:37

A friend in Chiangmai just emailed me this week to confirm that his brother tried to mail a 90 days report but the Post Office refused to accept the letter as they said immigration will not sign for the registered letter anymore. He went there ( Immigration ) to do the 90 days himself and the officer confirmed it."

Remember, if people don't want to go in person, they don't have to. They can send a friend, relative, or a visa service like (I think) uptheos used or mentioned. It's just that the mail in option is no longer available.

He could always go in and ask them himself.

Another member in the other thread reported that :

"Posted 2012-12-23 16:59:37

A friend in Chiangmai just emailed me this week to confirm that his brother tried to mail a 90 days report but the Post Office refused to accept the letter as they said immigration will not sign for the registered letter anymore. He went there ( Immigration ) to do the 90 days himself and the officer confirmed it."

Remember, if people don't want to go in person, they don't have to. They can send a friend, relative, or a visa service like (I think) uptheos used or mentioned. It's just that the mail in option is no longer available.

This is confirmative,

I have today contacted the CM Immigration office about the mailed 90 day's reports, this is the reply ...

For those resident in CM 'itself' the 90 day report via postage is no longer acceptable.

Those not resident in CM 'itself' can continue with their posted application, this is allowed in order to

release them from any long journeys.

The matter is now clarified.

Edited by personchester

• 4 months later...

Oh the list... the list... the list... went for 90 day reporting this morning and their was the list. Signed my name (no. 28) (arrived at 6.30am prompt - to be in the top 10 you had to have been there well before 5.45am!!!). Now I consider myself reasonably young at 40 and when I look around most the gentleman waiting around me must have at least another 20 years on me (in most cases - sorry!) so why as time ticks by and you get to about 7.00-7.30ish do the late arrivers waltz in only to expect to push right in at the front of the queue??? These are people from a different generation to myself, a time when manners, politeness and order meant more than they do nowadays and yet that seems to go out of the window when it comes to getting the golden ticket at 8.00 o'clock...

Did something I've always wanted to do but never had the <deleted> to, I told them all they were disgusting and should be ashamed when disrespecting other similarly aged people of the same race, what's that all about??? Didn't seem to do any good but some of the people who had been their since 5 did thank me, but come on I know they don't have adequate facilities at Chiang Mai but that's once you get through the door but as supposedly developed adults and humans you would think a bit of decorum could prevail. RANT OVER.

• 2 weeks later...

You silly people why do you worry about the frivolous, if you have to pay a fine pay it! I have lived here for 37 years, yes that's a longy a time, if you are ever questioned about your 90 reporting tell them your wife is doing it, never been fined in 37 years with all my annual visits for my spousal visa in CM. You people really worry about the wrong thing