Warning About Kasikorn Online International Transfers

Two days ago I tried to setup an international transfer using Kasikorn Internet banking. The process requires you to input the details of the beneficiary and their bank details. You then print out this information and go to any Kasikorn branch to complete the application process. Once the application is approved you can then make online international transfers to that account.

However, it turns out that Kasikorn requires you to have a work permit to use the service. I complained to them as the website and the form you print out make no reference to this requirement. However, for those of you with a Kasikorn account and a WP who need to make regular international transfers it could be a very useful service.

I expect that all other online banking services will also require a WP as Kasikorn told me this was a Bank of Thailand regulation.

You require WP if you declare the outgoing wire as personal savings or personal payments. On the other hand, if the payment is for purchase of goods/services etc, you need the invoice or proof of purchase, in this case, you don't need a WP

You require WP if you declare the outgoing wire as personal savings or personal payments. On the other hand, if the payment is for purchase of goods/services etc, you need the invoice or proof of purchase, in this case, you don't need a WP

I am wondering what the conditions for an outbound international transfer would be if a "Thor Tor 3 form" can be presented?

Kbank seems to cover the WP requirement at their web site...go to this webpage Link. Look at the chart in the How to Apply area new the bottom of the page where it says a WP is required.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. However, it would help if they would also put this note about documents required on the page where you access this on the K-Banking online banking site (which I have asked them to do).

Kbank seems to cover the WP requirement at their web site...go to this webpage Link. Look at the chart in the How to Apply area new the bottom of the page where it says a WP is required.

Thank you that is helpful. However, they also need to put this on the online banking website page where you access this service.

I am wondering what the conditions for an outbound international transfer would be if a "Thor Tor 3 form" can be presented?

For that unique case for a condo/house sale to repatriate funds my understanding there would be no problem. But I've heard that say for example your spent B5M to buy the residence and that the Thor Tor 3 form indicating B5M sent in to originally buy the residence that a B5M outflow would only be allowed....any profit about the B5M might not flow out so easily.

Thank you that is helpful. However, they also need to put this on the online banking website page where you access this service.

It does say on the form that you print out and take to the branch that you need to bring a copy of your work permit.

I wrote to the bank, and this is the reply:

When you would like to make an International Funds Transfer via K-Cyber Banking, you need to add International Account in K-Cyber Banking and bring required documents as inform via website to any branches of Kasikornbank. After Kasikornbank appove it, you can make an International Funds Transfer online.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

This WP requirement is NO LONGER required by the Bank of Thailand. You run into this problem all the time with Bangkok Bank's local offices and when forced to call Bangkok for clarification they always tell the local branch to "code" the account differently so that the WP is no longer required by the system

I am sure the same is true with K Bank but things change slowly here in Thailand

• Like 1

I hit the same problem with K bank, but now just walk into the bank and hand them a pre printed form with all my details on and transfer whatever money I want. As long as it goes to my account in UK or offshore there are no questions asked.

There doesn't seem to any limit to the amount either.

Here's the Link to Bangkok Bank's funds transfer requirements for its internet iBanking. As seen at the link, generally for farangs outbound funds transfer is limited to repatriation of salary and a WP/Employer Certificate/Income Certificate issued by Employer is required. But it don't cover all the situations where you can transfer funds back, like sale of a residence originally bought with money sent into Thailand along with the proper documentation....I expect such a transfer would be done at the counter versus via iBanking because its my understanding when an iBanking account is approved to repatriate salary the amount is limited per a certain time period based on salary after taxes....not like you would get approved for iBanking international transfers and be able to just transfer any amount at any time. But hey, like most things in Thailand, each branch may implement the policy differently but I think for iBanking documentation all of that paperwork ends up getting processed/approved through the headquarters Bangkok Bank in Bangkok even though it's initially processed/submitted from your local branch.

Edited by Pib

I don't normally send money out. Unless things have changed, the last time I had a bank check made out to myself. I endorsed the check with a note that said "For deposit only" I added my US account number and mailed the check to my bank. That seemed much easier than jumping through hoops with a bank transfer.

I hit the same problem with K bank, but now just walk into the bank and hand them a pre printed form with all my details on and transfer whatever money I want. As long as it goes to my account in UK or offshore there are no questions asked.

There doesn't seem to any limit to the amount either.

Thank you dp4868 for this information, but can you please explain how they accepted this change of policy? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

The policy hasn't changed its just that if you are in the bank in person with your passport there is no problem at all. The bank I use even direct me to the same teller as soon as I walk in as he can type in English the quickest as the whole process takes a few minutes.

There is a form you can fill in at the bank but I just took it home scanned it, filled it in and use that now, much easier for the Thai's to understand than my handwriting. My money is in my UK account within 24 hours.

One tip pay the local charges here but the UK charges in the UK. The bank here will charge 25 pounds for the UK end, the UK bank 7....

The policy hasn't changed its just that if you are in the bank in person with your passport there is no problem at all. The bank I use even direct me to the same teller as soon as I walk in as he can type in English the quickest as the whole process takes a few minutes.

There is a form you can fill in at the bank but I just took it home scanned it, filled it in and use that now, much easier for the Thai's to understand than my handwriting. My money is in my UK account within 24 hours.

One tip pay the local charges here but the UK charges in the UK. The bank here will charge 25 pounds for the UK end, the UK bank 7....

Thank you dp4868 for your clarification and help.

• 6 months later...