Does Farang Have Not Right To File Charges To Thaipolice?

kaffeburk

do like bronco says

Its a bit to late. I have a new and nice girlfriend already I did find some checklist of psychopathy on internet. She had like 40 of 40 on that test. The advice i did find on the web, about what to do if you find out that you have a relationship with a psychopath is simple - "RUN". Maybe I sound naive and as an easy victim for a clever girl but I don't think its that simple. The edge that psychopaths have over us a bit more normal people is their complete lack of conciseness, when they act like that they thrives (i guess that's the English word) and feel superior. They get a kick out of doing things you and me hopefully are not capable of doing.

w00t.gif

Wonder if he have done the psychopathy test on the new gf? rolleyes.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do like bronco says

Its a bit to late. I have a new and nice girlfriend already I did find some checklist of psychopathy on internet. She had like 40 of 40 on that test. The advice i did find on the web, about what to do if you find out that you have a relationship with a psychopath is simple - "RUN". Maybe I sound naive and as an easy victim for a clever girl but I don't think its that simple. The edge that psychopaths have over us a bit more normal people is their complete lack of conciseness, when they act like that they thrives (i guess that's the English word) and feel superior. They get a kick out of doing things you and me hopefully are not capable of doing.

w00t.gif

Wonder if he have done the psychopathy test on the new gf? rolleyes.gif

She is constantly monitored annoyed.gif , but everything looks very good. I do know her a bit from before and some of her friends to. She have good and stable long-term relationships with a lot of people, does not get into conflicts easy. Its only 1% of any population that have this "ability" of my ex gf. The perhaps first early warning signs is a limited amount of friends and new friends acquired rapidly and disposed just as quickly. Planning is not more than 2-3 month. Very bad impulse control. Can be most charming. When a policeman she never have meet before stops our motorbike and wants some money for something she inserts some kind of remote-control into hes brain and more often than not we didn't have to pay.

local bargirl?

More like a flood-refuge. She could not work in Bangkok because of the flood and relocated to her Aunts bar 5 days before i met her, and I already did know somebody in the family so it was kind of an arranged first date. I did check her flat in Bangkok and her Bankaccounts so I'm quite sure her story was legit.

I feel for you OP But logic as we expect it doesn't seem to work here, you will be hard pushed to get anything out of this situation but that shouldn't stop you trying.

Good luck

I am prepared to not get anything, but I will give it a try. And if I fail then nobody married or not married to a Thai really owns what he byes to his house. Maybe its a good idea to set up a system where you make a contract with someone "high", put all property on his name and rent it back for a not so outrageous sum of money? Maybe that can be a bussiness? No Thaigirl would take anything that belongs to the local police-chief or some one prominent.

I'm seriously thinking of turning this into a business. I remember one time, my Girlfriends brother took one of the housekeys. I know it was him but I could not accuse him so I told everybody that all money stopped until the key was back. Then my GF, her sister and brother attacked me with a knife and i was hit with an electric cable and got a lot of bruises. I went to the Police-station. They did not care one second about my problems, the only thing they did was take my laptop from me and gave it to my GF to give her leverage for an possible negotiation for separation.

I played nice, send her family home and her on vacation. Then i moved everything and the only thing she had when she came back was a rent-contract in her name and a rent to pay. I guess that story is not in circulation in Isan biggrin.png

Edited by kaffeburk

I feel for you OP But logic as we expect it doesn't seem to work here, you will be hard pushed to get anything out of this situation but that shouldn't stop you trying.

Good luck

Thanx! But I'm sure logic does work once you get all the facts on the table. The Thai system as i get it is constructed for negotiations between two families, not between individual A and B. The Police make a judgment of what family have most money, determination and connections. Based upon this the negotiations of the policeman is carried out. When a farang who only have money and normally no connections or family is one of the parts, the logic dictates that he is in a very week position regardless of the actual facts of the situation.

If you do have the chief of police as your close friend i guess things change, but else you are a bag of money or the food on the plate. If your conflict is with someone from another family than your wife's then its not so bad. As their property you do have a lot of of support. If the conflict is with your wife the opposite is true, and back to being the food on the plate.

I'm seriously thinking of turning this into a business. I remember one time, my Girlfriends brother took one of the housekeys. I know it was him but I could not accuse him so I told everybody that all money stopped until the key was back. Then my GF, her sister and brother attacked me with a knife and i was hit with an electric cable and got a lot of bruises. I went to the Police-station. They did not care one second about my problems, the only thing they did was take my laptop from me and gave it to my GF to give her leverage for an possible negotiation for separation.

I played nice, send her family home and her on vacation. Then i moved everything and the only thing she had when she came back was a rent-contract in her name and a rent to pay. I guess that story is not in circulation in Isan biggrin.png

Your talking about your psycho girlfriend now, right?

So this incident was before the incident that made you take off to Bangkok, yet for some reason after being attacked by 3, you, obviously, continued your relationship with this girl.

Why?

You will waste a lot of time, energy and money trying to get your stuff back. You will fail.

Your mentality is still too Western and unrealistic for Thailand, especially rural Thailand.

TheBlether suggestion is the obvious one, and I'm sure a Lawyer will be happy to relieve you of some more money without being up-front that your chance of getting your stuff back, especially in a reasonable timeframe, is almost nil.

She sounds like she has the attitude and vindictiveness to fight to the death. You on the other hand, do not. She has the language, the family, the laws and the police on her side. You just need to accept that you cannot win and it's really not worth the fight.

I wish you luck.

• Like 1

You returned to split the rest accompanied by 2 tourist police?

What were you expecting, that you needed these and even more, why they agreed to come along?

I think you suspected that this would happen or you might have trouble of some kind if you returned.

She have repeatedly been waving knives, scissors and a hammer before me a number of times. She has repeatedly moved the entire household goods to Bangkok, last time also with ALL my stuff. I got her to take back the stuff to save my purely personal property.

w00t.gif

Where did you meet her? Telling us the place, could probably help members to avoid that area.

that means all of thailand

I do now have one or more cards up my sleeve that I have not (clearly) mentioned here. I am not off balance anymore and she is clever but compared to what? I have got many good advice's here and I am very grateful. Her advantage in knowledge is now small if any. Her advantage in connections is soon reverted. Her ability to plan is limited. Lets find out if her ambition to f.... me is stronger than my ambition to not get f...... I do have the luxury of having more money then those i lost.

Yes I would in pure money be better off just forgetting the whole incident. But i would prefer to be sure that the new version of her who is much more dangerous after one year of me teaching her better English and more than that don't hit anyone else. Its not about revenge, its about conscience. The next victim might not be posting anything here because the odds for him might be quite bad. Psychopaths do make up for only 1% of the population but for 20% of the prisoners and for 50% of the serious crimes : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPQfuYL3O7k

You will waste a lot of time, energy and money trying to get your stuff back. You will fail.

Your mentality is still too Western and unrealistic for Thailand, especially rural Thailand.

TheBlether suggestion is the obvious one, and I'm sure a Lawyer will be happy to relieve you of some more money without being up-front that your chance of getting your stuff back, especially in a reasonable timeframe, is almost nil.

She sounds like she has the attitude and vindictiveness to fight to the death. You on the other hand, do not. She has the language, the family, the laws and the police on her side. You just need to accept that you cannot win and it's really not worth the fight.

I wish you luck.

"Some people" pretend they have a lot more willingness to fight than what they really have. The family? Not for long. Police? Lets see. Worth the fight? Not in money, but its not about money for me anymore. Please just wish me good luck because i'm not doing this just for myself. Every stupid Farang that loses on walkover makes it harder for all of us.

I wish you luck.

"Some people" pretend they have a lot more willingness to fight than what they really have. The family? Not for long. Police? Lets see. Worth the fight? Not in money, but its not about money for me anymore. Please just wish me good luck because i'm not doing this just for myself. Every stupid Farang that loses on walkover makes it harder for all of us.

I can understand that sometimes it's a matter of principle and that regardless of cost or certainty of winning, you have to make a stand against those that take advantage of things because they think they can.

You sound like you know what you are up against.

I cheer you on from the sidelines and wish you success.

Keep us informed.

• Like 1

OP's handle KaffeBurk......sounds like Kathy Burke....anyone know her, a comediene she has appeared on TV in the UK regularly, programmes like Ab Fab and Harry Enfield.

I am suspicious by nature, this thread is so weird I have to think it could be a troll post

KaffeBurk = coffe can

I wish you luck.

Good for you! A rare specimen of a farang, one who is NOT going to roll over. Don't listen to all the bs about 'farang cannot win against a Thai'. Crap. I have, and so have those who aren't cowed/too idle to actually do something when being ripped off by a Thai.

Your motivation being in part that your pursuing this case is to let people know that they cannot/will not get away with it is laudable. The 'just walk away' crowd have perpetuated the Thais thinking that 'farang are so rich they will just let it go' OR 'too lazy/ill informed to pursue a case against them', little realising that the majority of themselves are very ignorant of their own country's laws. Just the stealing of a motorcycle is an imprisonable offence. It's odd how the majority of TV members bang on about the Thais being overly materialistic and then not realizing that yes, they are, that's why even serious assault against a person, for instance, comes way down on the list of no no's as opposed to stealing another person's stuff.

Heed the advice of the poster who said 'take a lawyer' with you. The Police won't take you seriously if you don't.

Good luckthumbsup.gif Wish there were more like you here.

• Like 1

No comment on your former relationship and sorry that other members joke and to second guess.

However I feel in the long run walk away and re-start is best option,a hard lesson,if some goods recovered regard that as a bonus as you would alotto win.I know many folks in many jurisdictions waste years on cases.

Last thing to do is get into litigation even in less corrupt places the laywers fleece you ,here you are on a hiding to nothing.

Better luck next timecoffee1.gif

Edited by RubbaJohnny

I'am really surprised how much wrote here to forget it and learn something about it. Stupid!!!!

If this are my things I report it to the police. If they don't do something, I go to the next higher policeman and report it to the local newspapers. Maybe you can go with a reporter to the police!!! ;-)

If they don't do something you can go to townmajor/citymajor office. They want help you too.

The next way is than:http://www.ombudsman.go.th/10/eng/index1.asp

For myself I want try it with a lawyer and the citymajor office.

I think your lady know that you don't have balls!!! Otherwise she never do it.

Look for a good lawyer and the police do everything for solve this problem. But it need maybe 1-2 years.

The situation have changed. The daughter that I was told she had adopted was in fact her own. She and her Girlfriend now stays with the family of my new GF. She had lost 4 kilo after her mother abandoned her for not doing a proper "guarding the farang" job. I have been told that my ex and some mafia like tuk-tuk driver planned all this together. My priority is the children so i cant both help them and go to war against the mother of one of them. I also have information that my Ex now is hospitalized and have lost a large amount of the money she stole from me.

Its only speculation but my guess is the "Gick/partner" was no better than her and liberated her from what he decided was hes part of the loot and that a strong hand was needed in order to accomplish that. But it might also be smokescreen to get her daughter back. I don't know, so I just wait and see what will happen. The girls have missed out more than a few years of school but are showing a serious interest in getting a decent life, and there is more to do than just give them a place to stay and money.