New Honda Pcx 300Cc Available In Thailand

Xonax

Well today I popped into Mityon to see the new 300 and I've got to say.......it is very underwhelming. It was an all black machine and I don't think all black works on the Forza. The brochure had a red one and a white one which may look better in the plastic. Speaking of plastic, that big section of plastic under the seat (horizontally) just about were the pillion footpeg is on the right flaps around when you give it a tug. Looking from the rear to the front the handlebars and instruments look like they belong on a Chinese bike! I am afraid the Forza didn't excite me at all!

While there I had a look at the SYM 300 and 400. The 300 will get thrashed by the Honda in the sales race, but that big 400 has a lot of appeal. My guess is the SYM marketing people will have a look at their pricing to see if they can cut the price down on both models.....if they want to survive!

That is pretty much what i thought. SYM just looks the value, while the Forza looks somewhat cheap.

The black is for sure out, looking at the pics, the red is not much better, leaving only white/black.

I have been wanting to get SYM for a while, but i a bit of a bike junkie who keeps changing with new models out, so have decided to get the Forza despite not being to thrilled about it. But i know Honda will be easier to sell in 1-2 years, while SYM may be problematic

I am thinking the after market industry will be, as I write this, cranking along at breakneck snails pace creating loverly bits and pieces to customize your new Forza. Hopefully they will have some bits available within weeks.......

i think its already on the market, but investing another 40K-50K , I think is pointless.

Perhaps some chrome covers here and there, thats as far as i would go.

One thing very strange i must say but seems the norm for Honda as they did the same with PCX, the passenger sit rather small and unsafe, also no back

support, SYM has one, but appears Honda over looked that part

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the forza doesnt really make sense until you ride it and overtake a few cars ,its very suttle power when your used to a proper motorcycles where

you can blast the revs up as high as you want and then pop the clutch and hang on for dear life but it is lightyears better than the pcx ,way more comfort and stability and it doesnt feel any bigger when your riding it

maybe the kym 400 is better ,and im certain the t-max 500 and the bmw 650 scooter would be light years better

but i dont think anyone can complain about a maxi-scooter for 159k esp from honda where your pretty much guaranteed to get 80% of your money back

if you dont crash the fcuker in a year or so

none of the chinese bikes even offer such value in a maxi scooter form yet ,i think it will be a hit but in thailand what honda isnt?

The rear seat looks like the pillion needs the pelvis of John Wayne to sit on it.

It's certainly big.

the dimesnsions look enormous in the shop beside the waves and clicks but that seat is maybe one of the most comfortable ive sat on

i dont know what its made outta but its differnt stuff than the pcx and the nouvo elegance and much better quality

the underseat storage capacity is so shittily designed that 1 medium sized full face helmet 57cm etc can not even fit under it so it loses points for this

for sure ,honda must have used minniature helmets in those gay looking promo videos on youtube but i think when people ride one they will be pleasantly surprised who easily it can cruise at 100km and apparently it can hit 145km but i cant confirm that yet until i can borrow it again on a road with less obstacles

the forza doesnt really make sense until you ride it and overtake a few cars ,its very suttle power when your used to a proper motorcycles where

you can blast the revs up as high as you want and then pop the clutch and hang on for dear life but it is lightyears better than the pcx ,way more comfort and stability and it doesnt feel any bigger when your riding it

maybe the kym 400 is better ,and im certain the t-max 500 and the bmw 650 scooter would be light years better

but i dont think anyone can complain about a maxi-scooter for 159k esp from honda where your pretty much guaranteed to get 80% of your money back

none of the chinese bikes even offer such value in a maxi scooter form yet ,i think it will be a hit but in thailand what honda isnt?

You right in all aspects, though i have not tried it as yet. I am only commenting look wise.

If Honda started to produce it here in Thailand to compete with SYM, the only thing it has going for it is the brand.Look wise they could have done something little more "flashy" in terms of design and as mentioned before comfort for the passenger.

SYM looks the money it cost, while Forza in my opinion does not( not taking into account the 300cc and ABS) just basing it on the looks and design

You right in all aspects, though i have not tried it as yet. I am only commenting look wise.

If Honda started to produce it here in Thailand to compete with SYM, the only thing it has going for it is the brand.Look wise they could have done something little more "flashy" in terms of design and as mentioned before comfort for the passenger.

SYM looks the money it cost, while Forza in my opinion does not( not taking into account the 300cc and ABS) just basing it on the looks and design

i have not had any chance to ride a SYM 300 or 400 but they maybe wellmade and solid bikes and if i was in london or new york

and they had a dealer network i thought was competent then maybe a viable option (if they could price it lower than honda because when you buy a honda you buy the illusion of bulletproof reliability ) which may not come so quickly with a taiwanese .korean or especially a chinese brand

as it stands in thailand ,if the sym costs over 200k its good value ,but only compared to the suzuki burgman ,the yamahah t-max and that new BMW 650 scooter whatever its called

the forza trumps everything just by having a honda badge , if it has combi ABS ,300i engine and only costs 159k ,a 5 year warranty and extensive dealer netweork on the corner of every soi is just a bonus IMO

god knows what yamaha the yamaha ,and bmw cost in comparison but its going to be double if not triple+ ? and i dont think SYM ro KYMCO even has enough rep to go head to head with honda in thailand at the moment even thought they are obviously massive in other markets or continents etc that doesnt guarantee you any resale value like a honda would in thailand

the underseat storage capacity is so shittily designed that 1 medium sized full face helmet 57cm etc can not even fit under it so it loses points for this

That's wrong. I was at Sumet the previous day and my full face XL Bilmola fitted just fine. It has to go right at the very front, next to the seat hinges. In fact it was Brian that showed me how it fitted.

That's wrong. I was at Sumet the previous day and my full face XL Bilmola fitted just fine. It has to go right at the very front, next to the seat hinges. In fact it was Brian that showed me how it fitted.

Ok if I'm wrong il apologise :-)

I will take pictures of it being unable to close with a 57-59cm medium ish sized helmet from real company

We tried it (briefly) in the front and rear compartment area and neither closed flush but it's isn't a live or die issue because the helmet is still easily lockable in the conventional way with the buckle under the seat

Will try again if get time

Three more decade and I'll have one with a DBS pipe please.

In 3 decades you won't take it out of the shed! It will be a classic and you don't want to risk your investment money by taking it outside into the disgusting even more polluted environment of 2043. Hell, there will still be big buses and pick-ups belching out dirty smoke that are being driven in 2013! sick.gif

Pattaya Mytion is asking for 159k during pre booking period only - but they are offering ridiculous prices for PCX 150cc trad ins, e.g. 11months old, 7.000km, like new, 40.000 THB

So i guess going to stick with the PCX for a while.....

• Like 1

Pattaya Mytion is asking for 159k during pre booking period only - but they are offering ridiculous prices for PCX 150cc trad ins, e.g. 11months old, 7.000km, like new, 40.000 THB

So i guess going to stick with the PCX for a while.....

its 73k now for a new one in bkk

i would think 55-60k is what its roughly worth now for a 1 year old one

Having now brought my new Honda Forza 300 and drove it home about 50 miles. I just have to say I was not disappointed by the comfort of this bike. Had previously a PCX 125, but this Forza is light years better.

Nice and stable on the road, great ABS brakes.Since the bike is brand new, so when I got tested a little acceleration and forces within reasonable limits. Fantastic nifty bike that I honestly believe must be Burkes to both city and highway.

I checked here first price at a local dealer and them demanded 175,000 bath. Drove then 45km to Khon Kaen where I got mine for 160,500 bath with 2 helmets and a jacket.Joined and they claim the bike will manage 30km on 1 liter of petrol.

Can not wait for tomorrow to take it out on tour again ;-)

Good stuff. How good is the suspension.......or to early to say yet?

Having now brought my new Honda Forza 300 and drove it home about 50 miles. I just have to say I was not disappointed by the comfort of this bike. Had previously a PCX 125, but this Forza is light years better.

Nice and stable on the road, great ABS brakes.Since the bike is brand new, so when I got tested a little acceleration and forces within reasonable limits. Fantastic nifty bike that I honestly believe must be Burkes to both city and highway.

I checked here first price at a local dealer and them demanded 175,000 bath. Drove then 45km to Khon Kaen where I got mine for 160,500 bath with 2 helmets and a jacket.Joined and they claim the bike will manage 30km on 1 liter of petrol.

Hi Daglin,

did you purchased the display model or do they have som already on the stock? In all Pattaya dealers there is only 1 single bike (for display only) and they claiming sale starts about 25th of February....

Cheers Mr.J

Hi Daglin,

did you purchased the display model or do they have som already on the stock? In all Pattaya dealers there is only 1 single bike (for display only) and they claiming sale starts about 25th of February....

Cheers Mr.J

I bought the display model. I ask for a white one, but they say about 2 weeks delivery time...

Hi Daglin,

Cheers Mr.J

I bought the display model. I ask for a white one, but they say about 2 weeks delivery time...

thanks - i favor the white/black as well

When I rode thru Nan a couple of days ago they had one out on the curb and I stopped to take a look and had a set down very comfortable seat. It made my PCX150 look like a midget. Before I could ask the price the guy was gone and off on the phone. I got on the PCX and continued on down the road to the ferry crossing

I had a 250 Reflex/ Forza/ Jazz back in the states. I could run with the big bikes all day. If you want more low end on your 300 put a Mallosi variator in it like I did on my 250. Probably will get a white one but wish they had yellow like my 250.I could put a 30 pack of 12oz cans under the seat. If the 300 is as good as my 250 I'll be a happy old man.

A silly question perhaps, but does Forza have engine idling? its great feature for fuel saving

no have Mr.wink.png - bui it has a engine switch off switch

:(, the engine off switch, how does it work? what i mean is, with PCX and idling, engine turns off when come to a full stop and then restarts with a nudge,

Does the engine switch off work in same/similar way?

A silly question perhaps, but does Forza have engine idling? its great feature for fuel saving

no have Mr.wink.png - bui it has a engine switch off switch

sad.png, the engine off switch, how does it work? what i mean is, with PCX and idling, engine turns off when come to a full stop and then restarts with a nudge,

Does the engine switch off work in same/similar way?

no its juse a red switch(like an emergency power off) but you have to re start like regular not with the throttle