New Honda Pcx 300Cc Available In Thailand

Xonax

A silly question perhaps, but does Forza have engine idling? its great feature for fuel saving

no have Mr.wink.png - bui it has a engine switch off switch

sad.png, the engine off switch, how does it work? what i mean is, with PCX and idling, engine turns off when come to a full stop and then restarts with a nudge,

Does the engine switch off work in same/similar way?

no its juse a red switch(like an emergency power off) but you have to re start like regular not with the throttle

boooo, you bad news bearer.tongue.png

Seriously though, thanks for the explanationwai.gif

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A silly question perhaps, but does Forza have engine idling? its great feature for fuel saving

no have Mr.wink.png - bui it has a engine switch off switch

sad.png, the engine off switch, how does it work? what i mean is, with PCX and idling, engine turns off when come to a full stop and then restarts with a nudge,

Does the engine switch off work in same/similar way?

no its juse a red switch(like an emergency power off) but you have to re start like regular not with the throttle

Thankfully the Forza doesn't have idle stop. But i would like to see it on a Kawasaki 650 or the CBR500. Its such a nice feature :)

I like the idle stop.

Imagine the fuel & pollution savings if all bikes had this feature.

I'd prefer it to be mandatory and automatic on all those disgusting diesel buses, trucks and pick-up's that pox up the air we breath. Motorcycles....up to you.

I like the idle stop.

I'd prefer it to be mandatory and automatic on all those disgusting diesel buses, trucks and pick-up's that pox up the air we breath. Motorcycles....up to you.

Amen to that. i would also prefer if they would stop all those crap boxes that have so much fumes coming out that you can not even see when behind them

little off topic but Mytion shop on 3 road and Pattaya Tai, is there something wrong with them?laugh.png

Went in to order the bike, for 20 mins i just walked around without being approached by anyone, mind you the shop was empty.

Finally seeing as they were not going to make a sale, i went up to one of them.

Her face and manner was as such that she really could not be bothered getting off the chair to make a sale.

Anyhow, she did, with effort being in minus, she mumbled something which made no sense in neither languages.

I then said i want to put deposit on one and order but want to do finance on the bike, have WP.

Answer was ok, mister you pay 80 000, i said i did not want to pay 50% but 15 or 20%.

Cut the story short, after speaking to another even less interested work "friend" the answer was can not, <deleted>blink.png

Informed both stooges that they run their finance through Krungsi bank and 20% deposit is all the bank wants, the response was the same, can not.

To be honest this is my 3rd and last visit to that shop, because every time i went in there to buy a new bike in the past 4 years, every time the service is less than enthusiastic, but seems to be getting worse with every year.

Anyone, have a good recommendation of good shop with some service?

I have bought from one on Soi Kownoi, one in Pattaya Nua, but do not have time to go out that far from work.

little off topic but Mytion shop on 3 road and Pattaya Tai, is there something wrong with them?laugh.png

Went in to order the bike, for 20 mins i just walked around without being approached by anyone, mind you the shop was empty.

Her face and manner was as such that she really could not be bothered getting off the chair to make a sale.

Anyhow, she did, with effort being in minus, she mumbled something which made no sense in neither languages.

I then said i want to put deposit on one and order but want to do finance on the bike, have WP.

Answer was ok, mister you pay 80 000, i said i did not want to pay 50% but 15 or 20%.

Cut the story short, after speaking to another even less interested work "friend" the answer was can not, <deleted>blink.png

Informed both stooges that they run their finance through Krungsi bank and 20% deposit is all the bank wants, the response was the same, can not.

To be honest this is my 3rd and last visit to that shop, because every time i went in there to buy a new bike in the past 4 years, every time the service is less than enthusiastic, but seems to be getting worse with every year.

I have bought from one on Soi Kownoi, one in Pattaya Nua, but do not have time to go out that far from work.

i can recommend the mytion main Honda dealer shop at Sukhumvit Rd. South Pattaya - just opposit Kawasaki Mytion - but have no idea if they are doing financing for farangs........

i can recommend the mytion main Honda dealer shop at Sukhumvit Rd. South Pattaya - just opposit Kawasaki Mytion - but have no idea if they are doing financing for farangs........

i know the one you mean, its literally on the corner of where i live, but i did not see any Forza's there, will pop in today. :)

With finance, it does not matter if thai or foreigner, they run it through the bank and criteria is uniformed. Just all down to them wanting to make a sale.

The one on Pattaya Tai that i mentioned, seems to be getting more and more bad reports, which is rather strange as its their head quater (unless that has also changed now)

Thanks for the tip anyway wai2.gif

just picked up the bike Forza 300Cc white/black color from Mityon Sukhumvit Pattaya and had my first 50km, first impressions compared to my PCX 150Cc

Summary: Enjoy it and dont miss the PCX150CCc, 11 months/7k km (sold to mate for 60k)

Cheers Mr. J

• net price THB 159.000
  • 1 Index 3/4 helmet(820 THB) as premium
  • 2.000 THB for tax/gov. insurance/book/number plate
  • no private/special number plate number possible anymore
  • compulsory burglary/theft insurance by Mityon Pattaya 4.500 THB for 2 years(1.year 90% 2. year 70& cover)
  • smooth and very quite ride
  • lower seat position and very easy handling, also caused by the big tires - even for my 39kg gf, no problems in city traffic
  • very comfortable driver seat - passenger seat is to far behind the driver, so gf has to sit on the back rest
  • power reasonable but not overwhelming, had it to 120km/h
  • torque is nice
  • gasoline consumption according to the bord computer - 30km/l
  • only minor wind protection due to low screen, maybe to be customized later
  • huge storage space (1 seat, 2 dash)

Edited by MrJ
  • Like 2

just picked up the bike Forza 300Cc white/black color from Mityon Sukhumvit Pattaya and had my first 50km, first impressions compared to my PCX 150Cc

Summary: Enjoy it and dont miss the PCX150CCc, 11 months/7k km (sold to mate for 60k)

Cheers Mr. J

• net price THB 159.000
  • 1 Index 3/4 helmet(820 THB) as premium
  • 2.000 THB for tax/gov. insurance/book/number plate
  • no private/special number plate number possible anymore
  • compulsory burglary/theft insurance by Mityon Pattaya 4.500 THB for 2 years(1.year 90% 2. year 70& cover)
  • smooth and very quite ride
  • lower seat position and very easy handling, also caused by the big tires - even for my 39kg gf, no problems in city traffic
  • very comfortable driver seat - passenger seat is to far behind the driver, so gf has to sit on the back rest
  • power reasonable but not overwhelming, had it to 120km/h
  • torque is nice
  • gasoline consumption according to the bord computer - 30km/l
  • only minor wind protection due to low screen, maybe to be customized later
  • huge storage space (1 seat, 2 dash)

Enjoy your new ride mate;-))) I have done 200 km and love it more and more. No regrets at all for baying this one;-)

Is 159k standard all over thailand?

If yes, it is a miracle after all these price add ups in honda shops.

159 k for a 300 cc maxi scooter is a cool price imo. Double of a pcx 150.

double the cc, double the price, i also think its a good price, plus also i think Honda wants to push Sym out in the cc and price range.

i still think Sym looks better and offers better value, but Honda for sure is better at resale and service

Is 159k standard all over thailand?

If yes, it is a miracle after all these price add ups in honda shops.

159 k for a 300 cc maxi scooter is a cool price imo. Double of a pcx 150.

he says there will not be any price gouging on this one and it will be 159k in every shop

seems a bit strange because he usually gouges an extra 5-15k per bike smile.png

Just pay the THB 5000 deposit and find out later that Mittyon indeed tops up 10-15 K.............."Sorry, Misterrrrrr!"

Dropped my PCX150 off for service at Nat Motors this morning. They have a new Forza setting on the floor, the old parts lady comes over and ask me if I am ready to buy I ask her how much and she says 169,000. I ask her thats a bit more than the going price and she just gives me a blank look. I then ask can I have a test ride she says wait a min., off sshe goes comes back in a few with a sales guy ans he wheels it out to the curb, on I go and off I go. The bike feels very stable but the seat is too low and when I pull my feet up my thighs where not happy rode around a bit, they have the speedo disconnected so no speed indication. I liked the stability of the scooter but the riding position I do not care for.

• Like 2

I got my bike yesterday.
Asia City Motors bowin, price 158,000 baht including street tax, goverment insurance, greenbook, number plate, registration and delivery costs + index helmet
Great bike ride and very easy handling.

Nice, seems to be the lowest price so far. Enjoy your new bike and keep us updated :)

I like the idle stop.

Amen to that. i would also prefer if they would stop all those crap boxes that have so much fumes coming out that you can not even see when behind them

Duly noted and agreed. wink.png

I pulled up outside the Mityon Special Parts Bike Shop on Pattaya Tai late afternoon and lo 'n' behold there was a white Forza parked in front. Amazing difference a colour change makes. I like it it white.

I pulled up outside the Mityon Special Parts Bike Shop on Pattaya Tai late afternoon and lo 'n' behold there was a white Forza parked in front. Amazing difference a colour change makes. I like it it white.

Just ordered white 3 days ago, was told 2 weeks for delivery but still doing all the paperwork for finance.

By the way for anyone interested, it is doable, 20% deposit with 9.5% interest for 3 years.

Mytion runs finance through Kringsi Bank.

Bank wants

-WP

-Thai guarantor

-2 Thai people as reference who know you

-Bank statements

They will call the 2 Thai "friends", they will visit your work place and speak with staff.

I actually find dealing with Krungsi really annoying, as i got finance for car through Tanachart, loan 6 times more than the bike and process was much easier and simpler

It was my bike, I was asking a few tuning parts