New Honda Pcx 300Cc Available In Thailand

Xonax

Today, a number of Mytions have the red model on display.

In my opinion, Honda did not think this one through well, because the red just does not look nice, looks rather cheap.

May be if it was cherry red or diablo red, but the dull red just makes the bike look crappy.

Also saw white/black, i think with some chrome would look even better.

Pure black, just looks little boring, also having owned black color bike before, color fades over time.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my opinion, Honda did not think this one through well, because the red just does not look nice, looks rather cheap.

May be if it was cherry red or diablo red, but the dull red just makes the bike look crappy.

Pure black, just looks little boring, also having owned black color bike before, color fades over time.

Isn't the red Forza the same color as the red PCX? The red in the brochures for the Forza look like the PCX red.

Isn't the red Forza the same color as the red PCX? The red in the brochures for the Forza look like the PCX red.

It sort of looks the same, but on the Forza it just looks extra cheap, may be because of the size.

Also i think the black plastic on PCX is more shinny, so seems to take away the ugliness and cheapness, but that is just my opinion.

Others may like that shade of red

we could banter all day about colour

my friend bought the black one and he calls it the batmobile

tbh it does look like something out of a batman comic and i think with the shark finn rear passeneger footrests its about as good as the can do it

i have yet to see white or red in real life but from everything seen online i think also the black is the most sinister looking

Hi Guys!

I am an English man living in Vienna (Austria), and currently ride a Honda Silverwing 400cc which I adore but find a little heavy around the city, both with regards to it's physical weight (250kg), and its thirsty use of fuel (app 5l/100km). I have been following your discussions on The new Honda Forza 300 with great interest because this bike is not scheduled to arrive here until June (My dealer here says that July/August is actually more likely!). I am greatly attracted to this new Big PCX/mini Silverwing, and as some of you guys now actually own the new Forza 300, I was wondering if you could answer some basic questions for me?

How does the riding position/leg room compare to either the Silverwing or Burgman?

Have any of you ordered the higher windscreen and do you know how high it is? (can't find any pictures on the internet!)

How big is that left hand storage box and does it slope forward (it appears to from the pics I've seen!), or is it horizontal?

I'm also pretty sure this bike has no parking brake, but could you confirm for me if this is true?

I would really appreciate your feedback, and therefore thank you in advance for your responses! biggrin.png

SteVe

Hi Guys!

I am an English man living in Vienna (Austria), and currently ride a Honda Silverwing 400cc which I adore but find a little heavy around the city, both with regards to it's physical weight (250kg), and its thirsty use of fuel (app 5l/100km). I have been following your discussions on The new Honda Forza 300 with great interest because this bike is not scheduled to arrive here until June (My dealer here says that July/August is actually more likely!). I am greatly attracted to this new Big PCX/mini Silverwing, and as some of you guys now actually own the new Forza 300, I was wondering if you could answer some basic questions for me?

How does the riding position/leg room compare to either the Silverwing or Burgman?

Have any of you ordered the higher windscreen and do you know how high it is? (can't find any pictures on the internet!)

How big is that left hand storage box and does it slope forward (it appears to from the pics I've seen!), or is it horizontal?

I'm also pretty sure this bike has no parking brake, but could you confirm for me if this is true?

I would really appreciate your feedback, and therefore thank you in advance for your responses! biggrin.png

SteVe

• I am 1,84m and find the riding position very comfortable, you can put your feet to the very top and cruising like on a shopper - I cant compare it to other maxi scooter tough
  • no idea about the big windscreen
  • the left storage is very deep and slopes forward - I have 2 rain coats, t-shirt, short, multi tool stored inside
  • no parking brake
Greetings to Vienna!

Mr. J

Edited by MrJ

It sort of looks the same, but on the Forza it just looks extra cheap, may be because of the size.

Also i think the black plastic on PCX is more shinny, so seems to take away the ugliness and cheapness, but that is just my opinion.

I went to the Mityon shop on Theppasit Road and they did, indeed, have a red Forza. The red color appears to be the same as the PCX red, but the paint is not metalic -- I guess that is what you meant by "flat". It is more like the CBR red, and I agree that it does not look good. The white Forza is also "flat", and not a pearl/metalic white like the PCX. My guess is that this is intentional and gives Honda some things to "improve" in the next 8 to 12 months to keep sales moving -- much like the move from 125cc to 150cc on the PCX. Maybe they will add the "idle off" also. A guy in the Honda shop (he did not work there) told me that there was a shop in Naklua that would redo it with metalic red paint and a clear coat for B6 to 8,000. So, I guess that a lot of new Forza owners may do a re-paint pretty quickly. The best you can do, I think, is to choose a color that would allow you to do a re-paint without changing the Greenbook. On that basis, I would go with the red, as the PCX red is just about perfect, IMO.

I went to the Mityon shop on Theppasit Road and they did, indeed, have a red Forza. The red color appears to be the same as the PCX red, but the paint is not metalic -- I guess that is what you meant by "flat". It is more like the CBR red, and I agree that it does not look good. The white Forza is also "flat", and not a pearl/metalic white like the PCX. My guess is that this is intentional and gives Honda some things to "improve" in the next 8 to 12 months to keep sales moving -- much like the move from 125cc to 150cc on the PCX. Maybe they will add the "idle off" also. A guy in the Honda shop (he did not work there) told me that there was a shop in Naklua that would redo it with metalic red paint and a clear coat for B6 to 8,000. So, I guess that a lot of new Forza owners may do a re-paint pretty quickly. The best you can do, I think, is to choose a color that would allow you to do a re-paint without changing the Greenbook. On that basis, I would go with the red, as the PCX red is just about perfect, IMO.

I think you nailed it, its metallic paint. as i was saying while it looks same, it is just dull.

Do you by any chance know the name of that shop or address in Naklua?

When i repainted my pcx few years ago, i was charged 15500 baht, i knew it was a rip off but could not find shops who did paint jobs

Unfortunately, I did not get a name or location. I asked, but he could not give me a nearby place to the paint shop that I knew. I'll do some checking with a Thai friend of mine that works on big bikes, and I'll PM you if/when I have a name and location. I have a red Forza on order, so I'll be needing a good paint shop in the near future. Cheers.

Edited by Thailaw

Unfortunately, I did not get a name or location. I asked, but he could not give me a nearby place to the paint shop that I knew. I'll do some checking with a Thai friend of mine that works on big bikes, and I'll PM you if/when I have a name and location. I have a red Forza on order, so I'll be needing a good paint shop in the near future. Cheers.

Thank you,

I have a white one on order.

May be once a few of us get our orders, we can all go for a ride

The Forza gang laugh.png

I have seen a red one today and it looks very good. Imo it looks like the most expensive among all colors not cheap. It shows the bike. Black looks dull and white looks middle aged in its andropause:lol:

I agree with you that the red Forza is the best of the three color choices, although the black is just about as good. But that does not mean that the red is "good" or that it could not be better -- all three colors/paints could be much better. As noted, the colors are dull and lack the "sparkle" of the metalic paints on the PCX. The pearl white on the PCX is very nice; the flat white on the Forza is not. I was disappointed when I saw the red Forza up close as I was expecting the same paint/color as the red PCX. But as is always the case, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I expect that my new red Forza will get new skin pretty quicky, which is disappointing since i haven't even gotten it yet.....sad.png

I have seen a red one today and it looks very good. Imo it looks like the most expensive among all colors not cheap. It shows the bike. Black looks dull and white looks middle aged in its andropause:lol:

I agree with you that the red Forza is the best of the three color choices, although the black is just about as good. But that does not mean that the red is "good" or that it could not be better -- all three colors/paints could be much better. As noted, the colors are dull and lack the "sparkle" of the metalic paints on the PCX. The pearl white on the PCX is very nice; the flat white on the Forza is not. I was disappointed when I saw the red Forza up close as I was expecting the same paint/color as the red PCX. But as is always the case, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I expect that my new red Forza will get new skin pretty quicky, which is disappointing since i haven't even gotten it yet.....

Just get it first and i am sure you do not want to change the skin. No need for that expense at the beginning but you can paint it after a year of wear and tear.

Enjoy your bike!

I agree with you that the red Forza is the best of the three color choices, although the black is just about as good. But that does not mean that the red is "good" or that it could not be better -- all three colors/paints could be much better. As noted, the colors are dull and lack the "sparkle" of the metalic paints on the PCX. The pearl white on the PCX is very nice; the flat white on the Forza is not. I was disappointed when I saw the red Forza up close as I was expecting the same paint/color as the red PCX. But as is always the case, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I expect that my new red Forza will get new skin pretty quicky, which is disappointing since i haven't even gotten it yet.....

Just get it first and i am sure you do not want to change the skin. No need for that expense at the beginning but you can paint it after a year of wear and tear.

Enjoy your bike!

Or after an idiot parks his 5000 bike next to your, scratches the crap out of yours and drives off.:)

• Like 1

Seeing this bike all over Chiang Mai already, must be selling like hotcakes! It's looking good, no doubt. I like stealth black, not sure that's stock but matte black is good...

i think most definately not stock but modified, the stock is dull black, with dull white and dull red :)

So far i have seen only 1 on the road in Pattaya, but dealers now have all 3 in stock(as in 3 colors) while before only 1.

If it sells well, expect for price to rise, just as they did with PCX 125 when it initially came out

today i saw the red one in show room - and have to say way better than expected from the brochure, all 3 together at Mityon Pattaya and for me all 3 colors look great.................the new matt PXC 150looks great too

Seeing this bike all over Chiang Mai already, must be selling like hotcakes! It's looking good, no doubt. I like stealth black, not sure that's stock but matte black is good...

i think most definately not stock but modified, the stock is dull black, with dull white and dull red smile.png

So far i have seen only 1 on the road in Pattaya, but dealers now have all 3 in stock(as in 3 colors) while before only 1.

If it sells well, expect for price to rise, just as they did with PCX 125 when it initially came out

The woman sales rep at Mityon on Sukumvit told me that the "new model promotion" was over and that the price of the Forza was going up B6,000 on Monday. Kind of fits the Mityon MO.

i think most definately not stock but modified, the stock is dull black, with dull white and dull red smile.png

The woman sales rep at Mityon on Sukumvit told me that the "new model promotion" was over and that the price of the Forza was going up B6,000 on Monday. Kind of fits the Mityon MO.

Yep, thats what they did with PCX as well. If demand is good, they put up the price.

I believe its not the first price rise, there will be more until it hits a point of where demand starts to drop off then they will drop it a little.

I bought my first PCX for 69K, It then went up as high as 76 or something like that, but never really went down to 69K, until the PCX150 hit the shops

Have looked at 2 here in Chiang Rai, one red one white. One was 158,000 (red) the white was 163,000. This is at 2 different dealers. The higher price went down to 158,000 when I mentioned I could buy at that price. Looking over the bike, first thing I noticed is the small diameter handles and handle bar, if I buy, first thing that needs attention. The foot pegs for the passenger are cheap plastic and look not long for this world. Storage was great and access to refuel easy with security lock when left alone. No idea why it is a 300 when the engine is just a tad over a 250cc at 279cc. Guess it is close to 300? Nice touch with ABS braking and belt drive. Over all, given I am 6'2", lots of room for me, good relaxed driving position and the biggest selling point for me is the SEAT!!! Have never been on any bike here that felt like a 100 K ride between leg stretches. I ride a mustang seat back home and this is really close. I did bring my sheep skin seat cover with me. I am hoping but haven't found a set of dual purpose tires for it. Some good ones in 12 inch but nothing so far in 13 or 14 in my search. Any ideas, please post.

Have looked at 2 here in Chiang Rai, one red one white. One was 158,000 (red) the white was 163,000. This is at 2 different dealers. The higher price went down to 158,000 when I mentioned I could buy at that price. Looking over the bike, first thing I noticed is the small diameter handles and handle bar, if I buy, first thing that needs attention. The foot pegs for the passenger are cheap plastic and look not long for this world. Storage was great and access to refuel easy with security lock when left alone. No idea why it is a 300 when the engine is just a tad over a 250cc at 279cc. Guess it is close to 300? Nice touch with ABS braking and belt drive. Over all, given I am 6'2", lots of room for me, good relaxed driving position and the biggest selling point for me is the SEAT!!! Have never been on any bike here that felt like a 100 K ride between leg stretches. I ride a mustang seat back home and this is really close. I did bring my sheep skin seat cover with me. I am hoping but haven't found a set of dual purpose tires for it. Some good ones in 12 inch but nothing so far in 13 or 14 in my search. Any ideas, please post.

Sheep skin seat cover in Thailand? either you really hate your testicles or like to keep it warm tongue.png

• Like 1

Sheep skin seat cover in Thailand? either you really hate your testicles or like to keep it warm tongue.png

Ah! an non-believer in this wonderful product. When you have as many miles under the butt, you start to see many of these out and about in summer and winter (never ride in winter myself). They really do work!!! Cool butt riding is all about air circulation.

See for yourself: http://www.blacksheeptrading.com/mtrcyccov.html

• Like 2

When are Honda going to release the Hybrid Forza? You guys must have heard of it. They use an electric motor in the back hub to provide power on take off to supplement the 200cc engine. The electric motor doubles as a dynamic brake to take some of the load off the service brakes. It is supposed to lift fuel economy by 45% to 65%.

And in my other dream later that night, there was this beautiful girl.....who did some very special things for me. She satisfied my desire to have a clean floor, hong nahm and fridge. Plus she changed the towels. She is a great wife. Then I woke up. blink.png