Visa To Uk For Thai Wife (Visit Only)

I have an appointment for my Thai wife for this week at the office in Bangkok. It is still not clear to me what documents one needs for a tourist visa.

I live (we live) in Thailand. We own a house. I have a thriving UK bank account. I am retired.

Our intention is to spend one week in the UK, go to France to see the Tour de France stage and go to my house in France, and then go back to the uk for two weeks for

my daughters wedding.

Do we need extra documents?

Thanks

There are tons of posts here about this but you basically need to prove 1) she will return, 2) her costs will be covered in the UK. Should not be any great problem by the sound of it, just be sure the reason to return is very clear. My wife used her bank book, car registration, house papers. And for France you'll need a completely separate visa of course.

With respect, you need to sit back and look at this carefully. You cannot submit a visa application with just the information you have provided here. You need documentation to back up your statements and the application. In addition, your wife needs a Schengen visa to be able to visit France.

I would suggest that you cancel your appointment and seek furthe radvice, either here or from a reputable agent.

Tony M has hit the nail on the head, you need to take a step back and look at the application, all the requirements are on the UKBA website, for example here is their guide to the required supporting documents http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/visitors.pdf

One thing to keep in mind, and I'm sorry if I sound pernickety but it's your girlfriends application not yours, you don't have have an appointment for her, she does and it's her who has to submit the application.

That said, the application is pretty straightforward, your girlfriend has to convince the ECO, and provide evidence, that visit is genuine, affordable and, most importantly there are compelling reasons for her to return.

From what you have said you do have the evidence but she needs to provide it with her application, if you don't the application will fail.

As the previous posters have indicated there is a wealth of information on the forum, or if you are more comfortable you could use an agent. Have a read through and come back with any specific questions.