For The Birds !

samuijimmy

Seems like your patch has similar habitat to mine. You should be able to see Tickell's blue too.

I have black-naped monarch as well and Asian paradise flycatcher-the brown ones.

That one was not really in local habitat.

It was in a patch of pretty near virgin forest in the botanical gardens between Lop buri and Sara buri, a couple of hours from home, will go again in a couple of weeks.

Saw Treepai, and got a glimpse of what was probably a Black Laughing thrush and another bird about the same size that I only saw the head of, a chestnut colored head with a bright red bill, I have no clue as to what it was.

Plus several smaller birds one of which I have a couple of reasonable photos of, have not gone in to what it might be yet.

The BNM was at the Bangrachan heroes monument but I have seen them closer to home.

That one was not really in local habitat.

It was in a patch of pretty near virgin forest in the botanical gardens between Lop buri and Sara buri, a couple of hours from home, will go again in a couple of weeks.

Saw Treepai, and got a glimpse of what was probably a Black Laughing thrush and another bird about the same size that I only saw the head of, a chestnut colored head with a bright red bill, I have no clue as to what it was.

Plus several smaller birds one of which I have a couple of reasonable photos of, have not gone in to what it might be yet.

The BNM was at the Bangrachan heroes monument but I have seen them closer to home.

Was it a Racket-tailed treepie?

There aren't many laughing thrush sized birds with red bills. Some Scimitar babblers come to mind but I doubt the habitat is right.

Thanks all, and bye.

Hope that doesn't mean your leaving us Goshawk.

Be a great shame if you did.

It would indeed be a great shame if he has decided to leave TVF.

Hopefully it is only a temporary vacation and will be back again in the future.

Do any of you have any other way of contacting him?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with the ID of this wader?

Its a poor quality shot taken from the car with my point and shot camera. It is over-exposed.

The bird was a solitary in a newly planted rice paddy about a week ago.

attachicon.gifIMG_3178.JPG

Same as above, except it is a juvenile. Black-winged Stilt.

Seem to remember Jack that you said way back that you would like to see a Pied Kingfisher.

Went for a walk down to the river this morning and saw two pair, one was sitting on a post then flying up and catching what looked like dragonflies then returning to the post.

post-12069-0-37077900-1387534861_thumb.j

The other pair were fishing in a pond of water left as the river dropped, was lucky enough to get a photo of one hovering

post-12069-0-18948300-1387535011_thumb.j

• Like 1

Seem to remember Jack that you said way back that you would like to see a Pied Kingfisher.

Went for a walk down to the river this morning and saw two pair, one was sitting on a post then flying up and catching what looked like dragonflies then returning to the post.

attachicon.gifpied kingfisher on post.JPG

The other pair were fishing in a pond of water left as the river dropped, was lucky enough to get a photo of one hovering

attachicon.gifpied kingfisher hover.JPG

Yes, I have longed for this one but still no luck. They just don't come around to the areas I bird in even though I have a large reservoir close by.

You are in the vicinity of Saraburi?