For The Birds !

samuijimmy

No me neither, chances of a bomb going off are likely as being hit by lightening... that's the approach I took, when coming back from my round trip through Malaysia a couple of years ago. ...w00t.gif At some of the road blocks they would stop you just to chat and help from boredom of sitting there all day coffee1.gif

Don't think we've seen much of Angiuds pics from his trip down that way..(more west) . a while back.... hmmm?

Great link there, Hanno! thumbsup.gif

Driving from Khao Lak to Ranong, there were several road blocks to pass through.... this was one of them, has chickens crossing the road, so fits here! Again very bored military men, just waving people on by... with a smile!

IMG_3846.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

Are you stealing my bird! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

You have better lens on that camera of yours than mine, Oilinky! thumbsup.gif Nice shots!

Well, technically, I saw the bird first and introduced it to you, therefore I'm the rightful owner of the bird. :)

Honestly I did not have an idea it would have been so difficult to take a photo of this bird. I had to boost up the ISO to even try to take a photo while it was flying in the jungle. With the lack of zoom, the images had to be cropped so that those looked like "Hey I took a shot of the moon, it's the one pixel on the right". Arggh :)

You won this battle, but there is more to the war of images and imagination. I'll hope the next battleground will be at Koh Yao Yai (with more TV photography forum members. Anyone reading this, consider yourself invited).

Are you stealing my bird! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

You have better lens on that camera of yours than mine, Oilinky! thumbsup.gif Nice shots!

Well, technically, I saw the bird first and introduced it to you, therefore I'm the rightful owner of the bird. smile.png

Honestly I did not have an idea it would have been so difficult to take a photo of this bird. I had to boost up the ISO to even try to take a photo while it was flying in the jungle. With the lack of zoom, the images had to be cropped so that those looked like "Hey I took a shot of the moon, it's the one pixel on the right". Arggh smile.png

You won this battle, but there is more to the war of images and imagination. I'll hope the next battleground will be at Koh Yao Yai (with more TV photography forum members. Anyone reading this, consider yourself invited).

Hi Oilinky, yes you are correct .... just yanking your chain about "my bird" tongue.png

The problem with catching these shots, the birds appear so quickly, one does not have much time for fiddling with settings on the camera... lucky for me after you showed me were to look, I had done some adjustments.... and only waited about 10 or 15 minutes for the same bird in the tree you showed me... so I was ready to go.

The second shot I got, I had just sat down and there it appeared.... in different location.... thumbsup.gif

I am not one to sit in wait for hours ... so was very lucky with that... wink.png

As for Koh Yao Yai, .... so many places to see around Thailand it makes it difficult to decide ! Let's see how much interest there is... timing is an important factor, with weather etc!

Thali Noi, northern Songkhla (Pattilung area) is nice too, although I have probably done that a dozen times already.... but it still takes my breathe away every time, I go there...thumbsup.gif

Let's see what transpires ! wai.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

Help with the name please guys. Trying to document all the birds we have in the garden.

attachicon.gif28-03-14 (12).jpg

This could be a little spiderhunter

Found a site, but googling no doubt will come up with more.

http://www.globosapiens.net/britman/picture-little-spiderhunter-arachnothera-longirostra-69269.html

Hmmm, this one comes close too http://www.pbase.com/peterericsson/image/93116787

Edited by Carib
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

White-vented Myna

very common North of Hua Hin - not on Peninsular Thailand. Same family as starlings.

Thank you Mousehound - I took it this morning in BKK - I thought it was probably a Myna but wasn't sure because when I'd googled it I noticed the common ones normally have a yellow spot behind the eyes.