For The Birds !

samuijimmy

ducks

Where are you seeing these? Ducks look like Whistling D. But this species is not, as far as I know seen in Thailand

The pics are taken close to KY national park in Nakhon Nayok. The ducks are fairly common here. Here's a clearer shot.

post-25665-0-79420700-1408543648_thumb.j

• Like 2

ducks

Where are you seeing these? Ducks look like Whistling D. But this species is not, as far as I know seen in Thailand
The pics are taken close to KY national park in Nakhon Nayok. The ducks are fairly common here. Here's a clearer shot.

Nice Lesser Whistling Duck. I was thrown by the apparent white rump in the flight shots which would point to Wandering Whistling Duck - as found in Australia. The Darter is a very rare sight. Well spotted.

Not a photo but a request since you guys can probably help. I have broken my birding bins and need a new pair! Anyone know any good online(Thai) sources? I live on route 21 about 12 clicks north of Phetchabun City but don't know any optics shops there.

Thanks

Bird of prey, can anyone identify it? Thanks.

Osprey

Thanks, any idea how common they are? This is the first one I've seen.

A fairly common, certainly not rare, sight in Thailand . . . obviously you've an increased chance of seeing one around larger bodies of water. Also they're not resident, but visitors . . . so numbers fluctuate. Where did you see that one?

Very common bird in Thailand

Was that photo take in Thailand ?

It is a Pelican (spot billed?) and according to the book I have they are only a winter visitor that have only been recorded in the central plain area and eastern seaboard.

never seen one myself.

• Like 1

^^^ FG...Zoo's & Game reserves are great places for animal photography!

Saves driving & hiking in rather dangerous territory in the hopes of perhaps

...even a blurry shot at best. The Blether had some nice tiger pix on the Nature

thread if I remember correctly.

Patient model...Nice pic!