For The Birds !

samuijimmy

Was sitting in a coffee shop off the road to Pai and noticed a bird fly into a weaver's nest. Not sure what type of weaver this is but the nest looks just like hanging debris in the tree. The bird was quite shy and I really didn't want to disturb a bird nesting. Anyone have a guess on what it might be?

post-498-0-58038300-1401547700_thumb.jpgpost-498-0-02834300-1401547708_thumb.jpgpost-498-0-25340600-1401547718_thumb.jpg

Indeed good to see you back Goshawk, look forward to some of your great photos.

post-12069-0-56364200-1402657219_thumb.j

This Chestnut-tailed Starling and its mate came along and kicked a pair of Spot-breasted Woodpeckers out of their nest hole in that dead tree and took over.

They are still there and appear to be feeding a brood in the hole.

I saw one of the Woodpeckers hanging around the other day, they may be waiting for the starlings to vacate so they can reclaim their hole for another go at nesting.

• Like 2

My wife found this little fellow in the yard and put him up on the bushes to keep the ants from getting at him. My luck in getting these small guys up has been poor and hope he can make it. Our secretary is bringing in some bird food and seems to know what to do. Taken with LG G2 13 Mpixel camera.

A few days ago I rescued a baby starling. Feeding it on mealworms and Cerelac (fed through a syringe). The local vet suggested the Cerelac.

My wife found this little fellow in the yard and put him up on the bushes to keep the ants from getting at him. My luck in getting these small guys up has been poor and hope he can make it. Our secretary is bringing in some bird food and seems to know what to do. Taken with LG G2 13 Mpixel camera.

A few days ago I rescued a baby starling. Feeding it on mealworms and Cerelac (fed through a syringe). The local vet suggested the Cerelac.

I believe this one is a Mynah from his color and big mouth. Lot's of them around the area.

^^^ Tywais....Great capture of it's face and a good pic overall.

Poor lil critter has that..."Fine mess I've gotten myself into eh?"

look on it's face.

I'm no expert on birds but I reckon it is a myna also. In a month

or so if it's mom & dad don't come 'round to claim it...you may wanna

try teaching it how to speak! They can you know...speak that is.

Edited by sunshine51

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I believe this one is a Mynah from his color and big mouth. Lot's of them around the area.

^^^ Tywais....Great capture of it's face and a good pic overall.

Poor lil critter has that..."Fine mess I've gotten myself into eh?"

look on it's face.

I'm no expert on birds but I reckon it is a myna also. In a month

or so if it's mom & dad don't come 'round to claim it...you may wanna

try teaching it how to speak! They can you know...speak that is.

We used to have a mynah when I lived in Twickenham..... oh boy, did it have a big mouth!! Living in a houseful of students it had a big and foul mouth, come to think of it.. w00t.gif

• Like 1

We used to have a mynah when I lived in Twickenham..... oh boy, did it have a big mouth!! Living in a houseful of students it had a big and foul mouth, come to think of it.. w00t.gif

I had a British friend who had one and taught it to say 'Give me some schtick' whatever that British vernacular means. He got annoyed though when it started doing Buddhist chants as monks went by every morning in front of his house chanting. biggrin.png

• Like 2