For The Birds !

samuijimmy

Nothing out of the usual boring birds for quite a while now.

This is 1 of 2 fledglings from an adult pair that hangs around my backyard.

This guy scored a nice breakfast.

14665956602_c66b16b71f_c.jpg

I really like these Oriental Magpie-Robins. They are a flycatcher of course and not a Robin or Thrush, as originally thought. In fact not enough is really known about the "boring" bird species. Everyone wants to just look at the rare stuff.

• Like 1

I really like these Oriental Magpie-Robins. They are a flycatcher of course and not a Robin or Thrush, as originally thought. In fact not enough is really known about the "boring" bird species. Everyone wants to just look at the rare stuff.

Case in point are the discoveries of Mekong Wagtail and Cambodian Tailorbird. Nobody saw them for decades as they were just given a cursory glance at best (and yes, I am guilty too).

• Like 1

Why is he a Nit Wit. ?. If so many Thais are. And Zoo Visitors, a place i never vist either.Not much of a Twitcher, but why You say that.?. Most This i know have a Squawking Thing . biggrin.png

Doesn't make it right. And no, I do not like zoos either. And taking wild birds is probably against the law.

In some of the hill tribe villages up here in the north, especially the ones where they speak some Chinese, you can often find a guy carrying a bird on a stick tied to a string. Guess it was common in China to take your bird to the tea shop in the morning to catch up on the world's news.

Didn't know they are considered a flycatcher now. They seem to be omnivorous and would pick up scraps thrown to my backyard chooks.

Certainly a more interesting specie than the 'boring' Streak-eared bulbuls.

Yes, i would have said something if it wasnt free, but i watched him walk about with it, sat happy on his shoulder, so it never crossed my mind.I have been known to get out my car,and threaten folks being cruel to the innocent ,much to my Wifes annoyance.biggrin.png

^ good shot diwata . . . not uncommon in Thailand, but one of these turned up in Yorkshire, England last year (a very small handful do, most years). It was a buggar to see . . very skulking and i dipped on it after many hours looking. (thankfully seen many easily around Bangkok though over the years)

Black-crowned Night heron

• Like 2

This little fellow was tapping on my window this morning . . .

nice shot of a Plain Prinia . . thumbsup.gif

Thanks, I didn't know the bird until you informed me. It came back again a week later, sits on the mop and taps on the kitchen window at its reflection. Been a week since I last saw the beauty. Another photo I took of it through the window attached.

post-21581-0-91245800-1406539452_thumb.j

• Like 1