New Honda Models For 2013

SumetCycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks Good, the MSX looks like a mini Ducati Monster, fun little bike for nipping around on...

The Motard CRF is a logical step on from the CRF250L and looks OK, and the Forza should do really well if priced around the same price as the Sym 300.

Any idea on prices Brian?

Looks Good, the MSX looks like a mini Ducati Monster, fun little bike for nipping around on...

The Motard CRF is a logical step on from the CRF250L and looks OK, and the Forza should do really well if priced around the same price as the Sym 300.

Any idea on prices Brian?

Still not sure about the prices. I'll see if I can find out more later.

Kawasaki use to have the corner on the big, mid, and specialty market

First came the 250 CBR and CRF 250, and now Motard

Then was the big bikes and more of them

Now even there little bikes are under attack.

So far Kawasaki had done little and held their pricing. Will be fun to see how they react

I'm getting one of these for sure. Looks like a blast. Perhaps a Forza as well.

Yes that is a cool little bike & a good idea given how many like the KSR

They should maybe run with this model & later go 250 & 500 but full sized

The motard Master 250 looks ok too...But I think this 125 done in a full sized 250 would have been a hit too.

Thanks for all the scoops! Nice to have someone sharing the news!

Appreciated!!! wink.png

PS that MSX125 all grown up with a 250 or the 500 twin engine could go this route

Bet it would be a hit here

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Ahh really, yeah it would be great, especially if priced a little lower than the vulcans. glad im not the only one then. Its nice their releasing new models regularly but theyre all a bit small and toyish for me and everything bigger from other makers costs a small fortune.

Thanks for the early pics though mate

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

Just spoke with some of Honda's R&D team. They said they decided to do the CRF motard because of the suggestions I made to them last year. We spoke and they listened.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thai's are great like that :)

I suspect this is a response to the D-Tracker, just as the CBR250 was a response to the Ninjette, the Scoopy was a response to the Fino, the MSX125 was a response to the KSR110, the CBR500R was a response to the ER6F, the CB500F was a response to the ER6n, the CB500x was a response to the Versy etc.

I'm not doubting the quality of the bikes, but to be honest I'm starting to wonder if the R&D director at Honda is Chinese....

• Like 2

Just spoke with some of Honda's R&D team. They said they decided to do the CRF motard because of the suggestions I made to them last year. We spoke and they listened.

Thai's are great like that :)

I suspect this is a response to the D-Tracker, just as the CBR250 was a response to the Ninjette, the Scoopy was a response to the Fino, the MSX125 was a response to the KSR110, the CBR500R was a response to the ER6F, the CB500F was a response to the ER6n, the CB500x was a response to the Versy etc.

I'm not doubting the quality of the bikes, but to be honest I'm starting to wonder if the R&D director at Honda is Chinese....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CHF50

Looks alot like an early Fino, doesn't it?

010913-2013-honda-msx125-4-500x424.jpg

Honda announced a new 125cc motorcycle aimed for youths that draws its inspiration from the Honda Monkey mini-bikes first introduced in the ’60s. The new 2013 Honda MSX125(which stands for “Mini Street X-treme 125″) will be manufactured in Thailand. At the moment, it has been confirmed for Europe and Japan, but there is no word about U.S. availability.

The MSX125 is powered by a 125cc air-cooled two-valve single-cylinder engine withHonda‘s PGM-FI fuel injection system inherited from the Honda Wave 125i underbone motorcycle that’s popular in Asian markets. Honda claims an output of 9.7 hp at 7000 rpm and 8.0 ft-lb. at 5,500 rpm. The engine has some low-friction features such as an offset cylinder and roller-rocker arms. This should help the MSX125 provide good fuel economy though Honda did not release any fuel consumption estimates.

Power is delivered through a four-speed transmission and chain drive to the 12-inch aluminum rear wheel. Yes, the wheels have a scooter-sized 12-inch diameter, but the small diameter also highlights the thickness of the 120/70-12 front and 130/70-12 rear tires. The front wheel has a two-piston brake caliper gripping a 220mm disc while a single-piston caliper grips a 190mm disc at the rear. Suspension is provided by a 31mm upside-down fork, a first for a 125cc Honda, and a rear monoshock.

Honda registered four new patents in develop the MSX125, specifically related to the split structure tank cover and the steel mono-backbone frame. The split structure allowed Honda engineers to position the PGM-FI components and other electrical parts inside the tank cover without compromising the capacity of the 1.45 gallon fuel tank.

Other features include a projector headlight, LED taillight and an LCD displaying speed, twin trip meters, fuel gauge and clock. The seat is a low 30.1 inches off the ground, suitable for the MSX125′s target market. Also helpful is the claimed curb weight of 224 pounds.

The 2013 Honda MSX125 will be produced in four colors: Asteroid Black Metallic, Pearl Himalayas White, Pearl Queen Bee Yellow and Pearl Valentine Red.

010913-2013-honda-msx125-4-150x150.jpg 010913-2013-honda-msx125-3-150x150.jpg 010913-2013-honda-msx125-2-150x150.jpg

010913-2013-honda-msx125-1-150x150.jpg

[source: Honda]