Thai Consulate In Perth To Re-Open Soon

Just a heads up to everyone, I have been advised by the Thai Embassy in Canberra that the Perth Honourary Consulate will soon be re-opening.

They have advised that although not officially open yet, the Honourary Consul is available to be contacted if required. Not sure yet of the exact opening date, but should be good news to people from Western Australia as no more having to send visa apps to Canberra and it taking a couple of weeks to hear back.

The contact details are:

Consul: Mr Reuben Isor Kooperman

Address: Ground Floor, 28-42 Ventnor Ave West Perth

Phone: (+61) 418 906 945

Email: [email protected]

Office Hours: 09.30 - 14.30

• Like 1

Yipeeee!

Back to the O-A visas.

Hopefully the new Consul will have the same service-oriented attitude as the last one.

Unfortunately probably not as generally Honorary Consuls cannot issue them only Embassies. The last Honorary Consul was an exception to this rule.

OA visas used to be issued by honorary consulates but no longer. Also expect Perth will be abiding by the same criteria as other honorary Consulates in OZ when they re-open - but will make it easier for those living in the area.

Thanks for the heads up mate.

I must say that I've had fantastic service from the Thai Consulate

in Tasmania. Three days from the time application sent to visa being

sent back. That's from Perth to Tassy.

This should hopefully make the procedure quicker again.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

whistling.gif Back in October 2010 .... when I got my Non Immigrant O multi entry one year visa there were only two Thai consulates that allowed you to get that visa for the reason of "visiting friends and/or relatives in Thailand" WITHOUT requiring any documents to verify that reason.

One was iHull in England and the other was Perth,

Hull will no longer allow that reason without proof, amd Perth has been closed for some time.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Perth opens, but frankly, I doubt we will ever see that unsupported "visiting friends and or relatives" justification for a multi entry Non immigrant O visa again.

But one can at least hope?

Edited by IMA_FARANG

This is interesting. 18 months ago I was advised over ther phone from WA to Canberra that I could apply for a one year multiple, provide the docs, marriage cert etc. I still had a couple of weeks on previous one year multi and was advised that I'd get a further 90 days even though it had 16 days on it. In disbelief this turned out to be true., I knew I was returning to oz within 90 days, so no worries. Back in WA I spoke to the same person in the Canberra visa section and was told I could not get a one year multiple entry visa unless I had docs to prove ownership of property or children's birth certificate (I have no kids, but married 17 years) so in 6 months a completely different story. I applied and got a single entry visa, again with the knowledge I was heading to London within the visa term, I went to the London embassy, applied for and was issued a one year multiple entry visa, just with marriage cert, copy of bank statement and wifes passport copies no problems. I have in tha past been issued visa by the Sydney consulate with no problems. From reading here is this now NOT the case that the Sydney consulate issues multiiple entry visas? It just seems these guys spout a different section of the rule book everytime I deal with them. I've had difficulties in the Laos embassy with their interpretation of things too, it just seems so inconsistent.

Easiest Non Imm B is the Sydney or Brisbane offices. If you have an APEC Business Travel they stamp the Non Imm to the expiry of the card i.e. 3 years. APEC though is now way harder to get than before with a lot of proof of what you are doing and with whom. Non Imm O spousal support is also no problem at both these and a work permit on arrival is a rubber stamp in two hours at Dindaeng at the Labour Ministry.

Yipeeee!

Back to the O-A visas.

Hopefully the new Consul will have the same service-oriented attitude as the last one.

Unfortunately probably not as generally Honorary Consuls cannot issue them only Embassies. The last Honorary Consul was an exception to this rule.

About 12 months ago, when deciding the best method of extending in Thailand, I had email correspondence with the Hon Consul in Adelaide about getting an O-A from there.

They were quite willing to issue an O-A - however, for other reasons, I did not pursue it at that time.

I guess we will just have to wait to see what Perth will or will not do.

Yipeeee!

Back to the O-A visas.

About 12 months ago, when deciding the best method of extending in Thailand, I had email correspondence with the Hon Consul in Adelaide about getting an O-A from there.

They were quite willing to issue an O-A - however, for other reasons, I did not pursue it at that time.

Interesting. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

See post #19

I think we get the message that they are not open.

Did they advise when they will be open?

Regards

Will

I am afraid not - just that they would let me know when they do open. I thought I would try again in a few days and try to get a more exact reply. I also expect to be able to get into Perth in the next week or so and will go and try the office address personally. I shall keep everyone informed naturally.

S

• Like 1

See post #19

I think we get the message that they are not open.

Did they advise when they will be open?

Regards

Will

I am afraid not - just that they would let me know when they do open. I thought I would try again in a few days and try to get a more exact reply. I also expect to be able to get into Perth in the next week or so and will go and try the office address personally. I shall keep everyone informed naturally.

S

Thanks a lot for the update.

• 3 weeks later...

Yipeeee!

Back to the O-A visas.

In an email from Mr Kooperman today, he has suggested that the Perth Consulate will be able to issue O-A visas. smile.png