Thai Consulate In Perth To Re-Open Soon

I highly doubt that if it is going to be an Honorary Consulate again. Honorary Consulates do not issue AFAIK. If it becomes an official government staffed Consulate it should be able to offer all services.

If I recall correctly Perth did OA's before.

There are some honorary consulates that are authorized to do OA visas. Honolulu Hawaii is one and I think Houston also.

There are a few older Thai Honorary Consols who could or can issue them. Most of them have retired now. Most of them were special Royal Appointments. Hull and Perth were among them.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok , i sent off an email and this is the reply 2nd April.

We are planning on opening in the next 2 weeks for the issuing of visas.

We will be able to issue a multiple entry Non Immigrant Type O visa which has a validity of 90days at a time

for a 12 month period.

Edited by Bazt

Have just been advised that the official opening date will be 15 April.

Will be interesting to find out the turn-around time for the visa's.

Previously in Perth, you could drop off the application in the morning

and pick it up in the afternoon.

Regards

Will

Ok , i sent off an email and this is the reply 2nd April.

We are planning on opening in the next 2 weeks for the issuing of visas.

We will be able to issue a multiple entry Non Immigrant Type O visa which has a validity of 90days at a time

for a 12 month period.

Bazt what question(s) did you ask in your email?

Does the response from the Consul suggest that they will not be issuing O-A visas?

Ok

Just went to Thai Consulate West Perth, officially open 15th April but they have opening ceremony in the morning.

They cannot do the retirment visa , still has to be done by Canberra.

They can verify bank statements etc there.

I don't think the girl behind the counter is 100% on all the legalities, but she is a nice girl smile.png

They can do the Non immigrant for 1 year but i don't want to do a border run every 90days.

Edited by Bazt

For retirement it is very easy - just the 800k in bank here 2 months (first time) (passbook copy and letter of bank manager) or embassy letter of 65k per month income or combination to meet 800k per year amount. Only extra things are copy of your passport date page, O visa and arrival stamp and departure card and some proof of where you live. You file out the TM.7 form and attach 4x6cm photo on rear and pay 1,900 baht - some places will require two sets of copies outside Bangkok. Takes queue time and about 20 minutes per year at desk.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, beats the runaround sending things off to Canberra.

Maybe i'm thick but the departure card thing ? i plan on buying one way ticket

I'm married to a Thai , bought a condo & hopefully move in Sept.

Maybe the missus won't like me running off on visa run smile.png

Edited by Bazt

On arrival you complete an arrival card for immigration and the copy is placed in your passport for departure - a copy of that is always required for extensions of stay. With the extension no visa runs required.

• Like 1

You do not convert, you simply ask for an extension of stay based on retirement or if you want based on marriage and show that you qualify.

Are you aware of the requirements you must meet for either extension?

I am now thanks mate thumbsup.gif

On arrival you complete an arrival card for immigration and the copy is placed in your passport for departure - a copy of that is always required for extensions of stay. With the extension no visa runs required.

Just been to consulate today and lady said i have to use 2 way ticket , any thoughts on this ?

This is for a single entry non immigrant O visa you intend to extend for retirement? Some Consulates do indeed require this for some visa issue but normally most often for 3rd country nationals. You can buy a refundable ticket to get around it (or actually use for a trip back to Oz later).

Just been to consulate today and lady said i have to use 2 way ticket , any thoughts on this ?

Just buy a one way ticket to a country neighboring Thailand. There no requirement for a round trip ticket just an onward ticket.

Check airasia.com for a flight to KL or PP Cambodia.

I had three Non O' issued by old honorary consulate in Perth (not married and under 50.......one of the staff was a good friend of my aunt) all with a few hours turnaround. It seems from a few posts new one might not be so accommodating.

Anyone have info on the turnaround times...and do they have a web page.

Thai embassy page in Canberra still shows Perth as closed (a few seconds ago).....http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/announcement_perth.html

I can't believe the embassy visa contact is still a hotmail address..blink.png

I previously obtained year non O as married .

Is it in the same location?

No it's in 28 Ventnor St. West Perth now.Just up the steps on right at entrance to the building

Edited by Bazt