Thai Consulate In Perth To Re-Open Soon

Has anyone been to the newly opened consular office and applied for a multiple entry o or b type visa? I used to be able to get one there by just showing the staff my son was at school in Thailand (I didn't need any other paperwork)......I am 39 yrs old and don't work in Thailand.

Proof of relationship is an essential requirement when applying for a non-O visa to visit your child in Thailand. This could for example be your child's birth certificate indicating you as the father. If the certificate is not in English, the consulate may also want an English translation. Call them or send an email to ask about their requirements.

Went in Perth today at 12.50 handed in my paperwork and got my Non O multi visa at 2.00pm

Good quick and easy service.

So thats a confirmed open for service? I will change my flight if it is open now, going for a non-imm B multiple. Would need it within same day. Thanks!

Went in Perth today at 12.50 handed in my paperwork and got my Non O multi visa at 2.00pm

Good quick and easy service.

So thats a confirmed open for service? I will change my flight if it is open now, going for a non-imm B multiple. Would need it within same day. Thanks!

It has been officially open since the 15th this month

I'm not sure if the turnaround is like this all the time , as is not usual for them to call you to say it is ready either.

Maybe it's because they aren't busy yet or i'm a very handsome man :)

Edited by Bazt

Can anyone confirm one day service from Perth, I have to book a flight tomorrow either to Perth or Brisbane, and already sent Perth an email but no word yet. Was planning to arrive Perth Friday Morning and fly back on Saturday. The last time I was in Perth many years ago it was drop off in morning pick up afternoon, they took into consideration that I had a flight that evening.

I just booked a flight arriving 7:45am in Perth, that should be enough time to get to the consulate, I would guess I should arrive by 9:30-10am. Flight departs next day 9am.

They do not have hours posted, but I guess 9 or 9:30am-noon for visa applications.

Anyone know what transport options for getting to the consulate? I would probably get a taxi, even though that will probably cost 2-3K baht. I know they have an airport bus, but it has a designated route, not sure where they would drop in relation to the consulate. Here is there address:

Royal Thai Consulate
28-42 Ventnor Avenue
West Perth WA 6872
Telephone/Fax: 08 9226 2288
Email address : [email protected]

Anyone know 100% ?

No reply yet sent to email 4 days ago + Lady on phone appeared a bit confused, unsure..

Not married to a Thai, over 60 years old, used to be no problem in getting a 1 year non '0' is it still the same ?

So far the posters on here appear to be married or have children or going for a 'B'

Any OAP's or over 50's gone or have had a reply 100% for a normal straight forward Non '0' please

The Perth Airport Connect shuttle may be useful: http://www.perthairportconnect.com.au/. From their FAQ:

Alternative pick up or drop off locations
Can I be picked up or dropped off at a private residence?
We'll endeavor to meet all special requests where a pick up or drop off is required to or from a private residence en-route. Please contact us with your enquiry.

The Ridcharson Hotel & Spa is near the consulate. Can't find details of shuttle's route on the site of Connect.

There is also information on TripAdvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255103-c93355/Perth:Australia:Perth.Airport.Transfers.html

Getting to Ventnor Avenue is a Pain, from the Airport the best way is by taxi cost about $50 AU do not attempt bus as if you are new to perth you will get lost I lived and worked in perth for over 30yrs and would not try and get the bus from airport to perth, but if you want to get the bus ie dont have any money would get the bus to the perth bus port then you can walk to venntor av but it up a steep hill towards Kings Park would take 20min walking done it may times as i worked in ventnor av

Getting to Ventnor Avenue is a Pain, from the Airport the best way is by taxi cost about $50 AU do not attempt bus as if you are new to perth you will get lost I lived and worked in perth for over 30yrs and would not try and get the bus from airport to perth, but if you want to get the bus ie dont have any money would get the bus to the perth bus port then you can walk to venntor av but it up a steep hill towards Kings Park would take 20min walking done it may times as i worked in ventnor av

I understand there is an airport bus from the international terminal to the city.

Once there, you can catch a Transperth CAT (free) bus to the West Perth Precinct.

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/

However, you would be best to leave your baggage at the airport unless you were intending to spend a night in the city - itself a very expensive exercise.

Yes I have to spend one night after I get my visa. That was my next question...perhaps I would end up saving some by just going to Brisbane? Cons: 2 hours longer on the plane, 2000B more for the fuel charge (using airmiles with TG), Pros: can get train from airport to accommodation and too consulate, have a guarantee of one hour service from the consulate, thats about it, Perth I would also need to get a ride from accommodation to airport...

Yipeeee!

Back to the O-A visas.

Hopefully the new Consul will have the same service-oriented attitude as the last one.

Unfortunately probably not as generally Honorary Consuls cannot issue them only Embassies. The last Honorary Consul was an exception to this rule.

About 12 months ago, when deciding the best method of extending in Thailand, I had email correspondence with the Hon Consul in Adelaide about getting an O-A from there.

They were quite willing to issue an O-A - however, for other reasons, I did not pursue it at that time.

I guess we will just have to wait to see what Perth will or will not do.

In an email from Mr Kooperman today, he has suggested that the Perth Consulate will be able to issue O-A visas. smile.png

In light of the various posts here, I sent a further email to Mr Kooperman to clarify the position regarding O-A visas.

He confirmed that only the Embassy can issue O-As. sad.png

...The Ridcharson Hotel & Spa is near the consulate. Can't find details of shuttle's route on the site of Connect...

I made inquiries and got this reply from the Perth Airport Connect shuttle company:

This is to advise that we do not have a set route for the pick up services.

We operate on a prebooked service and YES the Richardson hotel is part of that pick up area however the Consulate you speak of is not as we are a hotel transfer service only.

If you require a service from us coming from the City to the Airport we do require a confirmed booking, with AT LEAST 4 HOURS NOTICE.

The booking would then be as a pick up from the Richardson Hotel.

If you are using the service from the airport to the city then there is no need to book the service as we have the scheduled departures every 50 minutes.

Tickets can be purchased directly from the driver at time of travel paying in cash only.

• Like 1

I'm concerned that Tila legal may have supplied me with an invitation letter that won't get a one year non-imm B MULTIPLE, can anyone verify that the following will work for obtaining the non B multiple? I thought it would be for exploring investment oportunities, what they gave me wouldn't require a 1 year multiple to get a work permit. Anyways, this is the letter of invitation (also have
company registration with stamp and copy of ID of the owner), I am planning to go to either
Perth or Brisbane:

"This letter is issued to support the request for a Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Visa 1 year, category
"B" (Business), for (me), Canadian citizen, passport number... We are
employing (me) as General Manager, subject to approval of this visa and
subsequent application for a work permit. During his stay in Thailand our
company agrees to pay all expenses related to our business."

Letter should be OK.

Since it is an honorary consulate they will not be all that picky. If they question it tell them that your job requires frequent travel so it would be best to have a multiple entry visa.

Ok thanks. Or do you think I should ask Tila legal to rewrite it stating that the job will require frequent travel? As a matter of logic, I cannot in fact be working while waiting for the 'WP', pursuing investment opportunities is usually the key word. Do u think I could just scan a copy of the letter and email the consulate in Brisbane to ask if it is alright? I am after all going a very long ways and want to make sure everything is in order.

Oh I see, so when getting a WP that does not cancel out the non b visa, and if a job does require frequent travel then u either need a multiple entry or re-entry stamps. So that' makes sense now, but it would probably be better to have it stated in the letter that the job will require frequent travel outside of the country?

Ok thanks. Or do you think I should ask Tila legal to rewrite it stating that the job will require frequent travel? As a matter of logic, I cannot in fact be working while waiting for the 'WP', pursuing investment opportunities is usually the key word. Do u think I could just scan a copy of the letter and email the consulate in Brisbane to ask if it is alright? I am after all going a very long ways and want to make sure everything is in order.

It has become increasingly more difficult to obtain one year multiple entry non immigrant category'B' visas outside of SE Asia.

Most who have been successful having the correct paperwork plus letters of invitation from Thai Companies asked that they be issued a one year multiple entry visa to 'Conduct Business in the Kingdom of Thailand' - see the MFA link below (Section 2.1 (2)). This section 2.1 covers cases where the applicant say already works for a company based outside of Thailand, which has partner company inside of Thailand that the applicant will be conducting business with.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

Do you have the WP3 Receipts for your Work Permit Applcation as well, this will certainly help your application.

I have no personal experience/information as regards Brisbane plus Perth has only just re-opened, but as your invitation letter states that you are being invited to work as a General Manager, they may consider you under MFA Criteriae section 2.1 (1) and either ask for more company paperwork or only issue a Single Entry 90 Day Non Immigrant Category 'B'.

Good luck and let the forum know how it goes..

Edited by digitalchromakey