Ford/mazda Waiting Times

jaiyenyen

Waiting times vary on model, color and the dealer's current quota. For a Ranger 2.2L, expect 4-7 months, for the 3.2L who knows - it's practically vapourware.

Mazda lead times for the BT-50 appear to range anywhere from 0 to 4 months or so (color appears to be the big driver on this one).

in regards to all wildtrack versions wait times are so long it's not worth bothering for unless you really want one. this is from what I've been told by the dealer, also by some other people as well for the 3.2 wildtrack waiting time is 1 year. I should know this as I put money and reserve down back in October last Year and found out today I may get Mine by November this year. just decided to change to something else.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

I just heard from Ford Chumphon " don't know when it come" my God for a global corporation to treat customers like this. I am now in a situation to wait or change order to Mazda or Toyota but what are the wait times there does anyone know? Also anyone have a contact email address for Ford HQ in Bangkok as I intend to write them. The company I work for has a fleet of over 60 Fords so I intend to let them know my dissatisfaction .

"Don't know when it come"............As you say, an unbelievable answer from a global company. If Ford Thailand treat customers like this before purchasing a vehicle, it doesn't inspire confidence for after sales service does it.

• Like 2

"Don't know when it come"............As you say, an unbelievable answer from a global company. If Ford Thailand treat customers like this before purchasing a vehicle, it doesn't inspire confidence for after sales service does it.

It does appear that some Ford dealerships are better than others. There's a significant Ranger thread and at least a dozen owners by now so it would be nice to hear where they purchased from and what degree of smoke was blown. For example, the Rayong dealership trumps the Pattaya dealership in basic customer service and motivated sales staff. In my case, I bought a 2.2 XLT from Udon Thani's sole distributor in early 2012 and they said 'about 4 months' and that was just about how long it took. However, I did accept my third choice colour rather than wait for my first and second choice colours as delivery times in early 2012 were getting longer and I had already missed a chance of getting one after 6 weeks when another customer failed on financing and they wanted to shift it fast; it was gone within 3 days! I didn't keep checking and they were quick at calling when one suddenly came available.

I have been to Ford a few days ago as my gf is buying a Ford fiesta. For a Ford Ranger you wouldn't have to wait that long. Within a month you will get the pickup truck. If you need any help, pm me as I am Thai and it is easier for me to talk to the sales person. You must pressure them. As for my gf, the sales person say that she would get a Ford feista by Nov 2013. So she asked me to help talked to the sales person. As it turn out, she would get the car in March. A big gap of 8 months. blink.png

• Like 1

I know I see Fiestas a lot now but I'm surprised there is a wait for them. Ford must be benefiting from the Honda and Toyota waiting times but it sure has changed from before the floods when all Fiesta colors and models were available with virtually no waiting compared to three plus months for Vios and City, so that helped us decide on a Fiesta as it was a nice car anyway.

I went round a few Mazda dealers yesterday and was told that the waiting time for a BT-50 Hi Racer 2.2 freestyle cab would be around 2 weeks.

BTW. there was a long list of free extras, including;

Spare wheel lock

Reversing sensors

Scuff plates

3M film

Bed liner

Floor mats

Cushion for rear seat

Undersealed

Paint protection

Ist class insurance

Free labour up to 100,000km's

Mazda cushion

24hr roadside assistance

Edited by jaiyenyen

I've just got back from shopping for a new truck. Ford Rayong said it would be about 12 months for a Wildtrak and they couldn't even guarantee that. They have 100 people on their waiting list for Wildraks and just about all of them want a cancellation. There were no freebies on offer and no insurance. Mazda said they could get me the 3.2R Auto in about a month and their deal included; free insurance, mats, bed liner and window tints. Isuzu said they could get me a V-Cross in about 3 months but no free insurance and no freebies. So it looks like I'll be going for a Mazda.

My experience with a BT 50 2.2 twin cab Hi racer, auto was : ordered early Sept and told 3 months delivery. about 20 Dec went to Dealer and enquired update. Was told Feb. I politely made it clear that I was not happy with this and indicated I would have bought elsewhere if told Feb originally. I asked why could mazda BKK deliver very quickly and, in this case Burirum, take 5 months.I suggested they do an internet search as I was ( mistakenly ) concerned at the time that I may not get the tax refund if delivery after 31 Dec.

Anyway 2 days later thay rang and asked if I still wanted the Mazda ( was paying cash, 860,000 net ) and said yes and on Xmas day was told car available.

So, maybe some polite pressure may help u too.

They got the car from somewhere else they told me.

I ordered a 2.2 6AT Wildtrak in Chili Orange in March 2012 from Ford Chiang Mai and was told a September delivery. A few weeks later I got a letter from Ford saying that they had suspended taking new orders of the Wildtrak with an excuse about supply & demand and wanting to catch up with backlog e.t.c and gave a new delivery date of February 2013. They gave me the option to cancel and get my 5k deposit back but as I was not desperate and already had a truck, I could wait.

In July I got another letter saying delivery had been broght forward to late November/early December. From early November I went to see Ford a few times (I pass there daily) and kept (nicely) pressuring the manager each time I saw one ready for PDI in the car park, asking if that was for me smile.png. I took delivery of the truck on 30th November. Minimal extras included window tint, floor mats, paint protection and 3 year breakdown cover. Bloody nice looking inside and out and great to drive!

Cheers,

Pikey.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, my first post in this forum.
Have signed up to possibly more accurate information for the Ford Wildtrak get.

Wants to buy me a 4x4 pickup, I don`t like the Mazda.
Whether 2.2 or 3.2 Wildtrak
Has changed in the delivery situation somewhat, how long to wait around Pattaya?

Thanks in advance

Has changed in the delivery situation somewhat, how long to wait around Pattaya?

Thanks in advance

Your question is impossible to answer, I waited app. 8 month for my 2.2WT, some have waited +1 year for a 3.2WT and are still waiting.

No doubt you will get a 2.2 faster as the 3.2 customers are mostly still waiting and will be served first.

Why don't you go visit Ford Pattaya and ask?

If you are not too fussy with colors and model you might be able to get a cancelation fast but no guaranties.

Thanks in advance

You cannot place an order for a Wildtrak until 2014 so your wait will be a long one.

Thanks in advance

You cannot place an order for a Wildtrak until 2014 so your wait will be a long one.

Sounds pretty bad,

Are there other available options?

for a 4door 4x4 Pickup with AT 5or6 Gear, ESP,

I could live with 4 Months waiting period.

Thanks hlovers my wife is Thai and she has spoken to them but her uncle is poo ya ban ( village head) so she is going to try

get him to have a word and see what happens.

How did you get on with the "poo ya baan" having a word - lol.

From what i have seen and heard almost ALL thai families "claim" to have a family member / friend with some stroke, however when push comes to shove you will really find out what "stroke" they carry - normally very little.

They think people in the post office or at the train station have stroke coz they wear a uniform - <deleted>?