Something Rather New: Hypnotic Gastroband Surgery

Jingthing

As you might now, I don't think conventional "will power" and diet/exercise programs alone have a high enough long term success rate to be effective to help MOST fat people in the LONG term.

I sincerely think most regular people NEED more help than that to increase their chance of success. Something extra. Maybe a lot extra.

Of course bariatric surgery is out there for severe and otherwise hopeless cases. It is radical and clearly not for everyone.

Well, now there is another option and it sounds quite interesting.

I heard about from a BBC show Embarrassing Fat Bodies about the Obesity epidemic in Britain.

One of the patients (not a super severe case) is being counseled to try HYPNOTIC Gastroband surgery. This show which I find to be medically credible claims an 80 percent success rate with this method. Now they don't say what that means. 80 percent loses some weight, 80 percent loses all desired weight, or 80 percent can maintain their weight loss, etc.

In any case, just the idea of getting many of the benefits of that radical step, surgery, without the downsides of actually having the surgery, definitely intrigues.

So I looked into this.

There are no practitioners in Thailand but there are some in Malaysia and Singapore.

It may be something some people might want to explore. There is nothing shameful about seeking help. Of course if it doesn't work, you're out the money. That's never fun.

My personal objection to this might be I really don't want to eat as small portions of actual bariatric surgery patients eat. In other words, my goal would be to majorly reduce portions, maybe to 50 percent, but not to 5 or 10 percent. I have dined with bariatric patients and it's kind of sad, they can't eat hardly anything. I don't feel the medical need to lose weight that quickly. I think that maybe hypnotists could deal with that goal as well, but not sure. Also you have to be a good candidate for hypnosis (a minority of people can't be hypnotized) and really be committed to losing weight. Some might say just the commitment alone should work for most people, but statistically, it most certainly does not.

http://www.hypnoband.com/index.htm

I don't know the cost in Singapore or Malaysia.

This video says it costs 2500 USD in the US. But I saw another website offering the service for 500 in the US. It's a new thing so there are probably some quacks. I don't think hypnotism is a quack therapy but obvious the quality of the practitioner would vary

Edited by Jingthing

JT,

Its a lot of money, that said i have paid more than that for all my home gym equipment. If it was guaranteed id say go for it. On the other hand JT, would it not limit your enjoyment of food ?

But anyway i believe people should try things like this if they think it can work. I do believe in hypnoses, i believe the mind is real complex and i think stuff like that could work.

JT,

Its a lot of money, that said i have paid more than that for all my home gym equipment. If it was guaranteed id say go for it. On the other hand JT, would it not limit your enjoyment of food ?

But anyway i believe people should try things like this if they think it can work. I do believe in hypnoses, i believe the mind is real complex and i think stuff like that could work.

2500 is a lot. 500 not so much! I don't know the cost in Singapore and Malaysia but there you'd have to add travel costs. They make no guarantees. All the programs do an initial assessment to see if you are really motivated and if you can even be hypnotized. You hit on the problem for me which I already explained. Yes I do love the food. I don't want to be eating 5 percent of my current portions which aren't usually that big to begin with! I think they probably can adjust the program to a portion reduction of your choosing. Doesn't mean it will work for sure, of course either way. So I am not sure this is for me but I think it may be worth further investigation. Also for me going to Singapore and Malaysia for this would be schizo making. I think of BOTH of those places as places to go to ... EAT! Edited by Jingthing

JT,

2500 is a lot. 500 not so much! I don't know the cost in Singapore and Malaysia but there you'd have to add travel costs. They make no guarantees. All the programs do an initial assessment to see if you are really motivated and if you can even be hypnotized. You hit on the problem for me which I already explained. Yes I do love the food. I don't want to be eating 5 percent of my current portions which aren't usually that big to begin with! So I am not sure this is for me but I think it may be worth further investigation. Also for me going to Singapore and Malaysia for this would be schizo making. I think of BOTH of those places as places to go to ... EAT!

Sorry JT,

I did not read correctly you already addressed the problem yourself. It would be nicer if you could limit the portions but not that extreme. But if this is all in the mind cant they make you believe you can eat a certain amount ?

One of my clients does a lot with wilpower and coaching and hypnotism, not on the level that you are talking about. But i do believe in hypnotism, but never really explored it myself. i have always convinced myself that the mind is a powerful tool. At one point i wanted to learn stuff like mind mapping but i never made the time for it.

In all the documentaries i watched about weight-gain and weight it showed that some people just don't take the food even if it is there. They did an experiment with food at a day-care center in the documentary and it just showed that some children just did not take the cake while others did. So for some its a build in command not too.. maybe similar to the hypnosis.

Thing is small things like that add up on the long run. When i want to loose weight i want to see result fast so i don't care about small things (most people are like that) but if you are looking at years not months those small things really count.

Like i said got some nice stuff for you to see if you want.