Lazada Buying Experience:

dddave

I think that non-English being available to some is a recent feature (!)...I've use Lazada English and been happy all year ....

Til when I checked again this week and the site looks NEW and I cant see or find English anywhere

Also tried http://www.lazada.co.th/?setLang=en

And tried from latest Chrome and IE Versions too...

One would have thought with the money Lazada spend advertising in banners on ThaiVisa that they would make English available (easily)

Regards

SB

Android here I come then ....

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Cash on delivery also avalible?

Prices are higher then on amazon

Far away from 2 year warranty

I order everything to my home and family send me to Thailand

Lg smartphone fault after 2 month

Send back from Thailand to amazon eu within 10 days the full price was refound on my banks count!

A amazing service what lazada customer never have in a lifetime!

All cash on delivery, don't think I'd be getting my family to post me a new 55" LED TV though, or a cheap USB thumb drive, or an Droid stick or some Tuppaware etc !

Is Cash on delivery also avalible?
Prices are higher then on amazon
Far away from 2 year warranty
I order everything to my home and family send me to Thailand
Lg smartphone fault after 2 month
Send back from Thailand to amazon eu within 10 days the full price was refound on my banks count!
A amazing service what lazada customer never have in a lifetime!

I just found that you can get the English by clicking on the old site link near the bottom of the page.

This upgrade on lazada is a major step backwards - they only turned on an English language version on the site a few months ago from what I can remember.

I hope they continue to work on it and enable the English language option.

Someone asked about Cash on delivery - this is available, well it was the last time I used it to place an order which was before the upgrade.

I just found that you can get the English by clicking on the old site link near the bottom of the page.

This upgrade on lazada is a major step backwards - they only turned on an English language version on the site a few months ago from what I can remember.

I hope they continue to work on it and enable the English language option.

Someone asked about Cash on delivery - this is available, well it was the last time I used it to place an order which was before the upgrade.

I hope they do. I made a recent purchase and was pleased with them. I would be much more reluctant to buy on the site if I have to use google translate to buy.

I think that non-English being available to some is a recent feature (!)...I've use Lazada English and been happy all year ....

Til when I checked again this week and the site looks NEW and I cant see or find English anywhere

Saw that change last week also. Had to go all the way to the bottom of the page and select 'Change to old version'. No telling how long that will be there or perhaps they will be upgrading more to add English back.

post-566-0-93564100-1400515388_thumb.jpg

//edit - found out that after I clicked on Change to old version I had to hit F5 to get the old page back.

• 5 months later...

And now for my VERY BAD Lazada experience:

Order for Chromecast (local version specifically so I wouldn't have to wait for import) placed on Oct. 12, email confirmation says delivery within 3 days. I check credit card and find amount, 1740 baht, was fully debited on order (unlike most places that bill on shipping))

I call on day 4 and am told by rather disinterested `customer service' person delivery is 5-8 working days as it's imported (regardless of website info, email).

Call back on day 9, `customer service' person can't tell me where the order is so I ask to cancel, she confirms and tells me I'll get email confirmation. 2 hrs later I get email saying order shipped, tracker shows that happened 24hrs earlier, Oct 22 at 5:45pm.

Oct. 27, today, call to ask where shipment is. `Customer service' person tells me she doesn't know and will call back (after I've called a dozen times to get through and then spent 10 mins on hold), I persist and she finds the same tracker that I've seen with no update; tells me delivery will be as long as 18 days. I reiterate that I want to cancel as the delays just keep getting longer.

Am told reimbursement will take as long as 8 weeks and their policy (good luck finding it anywhere on the website) is to get the order, return it to shipper before processing the reimbursement.

This company, a unit of recently listed Rocket Internet, front-loads the books to make its sales look good regardless of fulfillment. If there's a problem, Its customer service and tracking are rubbish. There are no follow up phone calls or emails when requested; wait, I've had one, today, confirming the cancellation and that they can't tell me when I'll be reimbursed.....Clearly I won't be holding my breath. Cheap trick at making their books look good at my expense.

But even cheaper to trash their reputation for the sake of 1740 baht.

I've been buying on line since whenever all over the world, even India, and this is the very first time I've been scammed like this. See complaints from Thai customers on Pantip.com, too, so would-be buyer be warned.

I use the COD buying method and do not have any issues if the item is late or never delivered as I am not out of pocket a single baht. So far all purchases delivered within the web site time frames. Drivers always call the wife at least 30 minutes before delivery. At least 10 purchases now from small amount items to a 22K baht TV. Always delivered. Always as advertised. Most recently bought a Asus modem for 4K. Modem supplier was actually from Invade IT. And we know Invade is a top of the line outfit

Order for Chromecast (local version specifically so I wouldn't have to wait for import) placed on Oct. 12, email confirmation says delivery within 3 days. I check credit card and find amount, 1740 baht, was fully debited on order (unlike most places that bill on shipping))

I call on day 4 and am told by rather disinterested `customer service' person delivery is 5-8 working days as it's imported (regardless of website info, email).

Call back on day 9, `customer service' person can't tell me where the order is so I ask to cancel, she confirms and tells me I'll get email confirmation. 2 hrs later I get email saying order shipped, tracker shows that happened 24hrs earlier, Oct 22 at 5:45pm.

Oct. 27, today, call to ask where shipment is. `Customer service' person tells me she doesn't know and will call back (after I've called a dozen times to get through and then spent 10 mins on hold), I persist and she finds the same tracker that I've seen with no update; tells me delivery will be as long as 18 days. I reiterate that I want to cancel as the delays just keep getting longer.

Am told reimbursement will take as long as 8 weeks and their policy (good luck finding it anywhere on the website) is to get the order, return it to shipper before processing the reimbursement.

This company, a unit of recently listed Rocket Internet, front-loads the books to make its sales look good regardless of fulfillment. If there's a problem, Its customer service and tracking are rubbish. There are no follow up phone calls or emails when requested; wait, I've had one, today, confirming the cancellation and that they can't tell me when I'll be reimbursed.....Clearly I won't be holding my breath. Cheap trick at making their books look good at my expense.

I've been buying on line since whenever all over the world, even India, and this is the very first time I've been scammed like this. See complaints from Thai customers on Pantip.com, too, so would-be buyer be warned.

Simple answer is to ONLY use their COD service. If the ordered item doesn't arrive or is wrong you don't pay, easy.

I have purchased 3 times from Lazada. Every time it was ok. Delivery update on their system was not so fast on the last delivery but that was due to it coming from a third party not from Lazada themselves. All deliveries were 3-7 days and so much cheaper than I could find in the shops. So I'm happy!

Update on this to give credit where due. After emailing Lazada Thai's CEO directly, he called me to personally apologize for what he called the `perfect storm' of problems and to cite Thailand financial regs on credit card transactions for the up-front billing. He acknowledged the string of shortcomings and thanked me for taking time to provlde feedback on my experience so they can improve their service. My funds were credited to my bank account within hours of his call yesterday.

Only used them once but very satisfied. Fairly big order with multiple suppliers, came in 4 lots in 2 deliveries over the last 2 days. Think it was Monday I ordered so 3-4 days and COD.

Good products, good price, fast enough delivery and good service and communication throughout.

I've used them a few times for COD and always been happy however.....

Couple of weeks ago I ordered some furniture costing a decent amount of money, was prepay only so went to the trouble of going first to the PO then to KT bank to pay over the counter (after failing at a bank transfer due to payment limits, Paypal and foreign MasterCard payment). Got immediate confirmation of payment by email.

A week later, I'm thinking 'so, where's my chair', since no communication, logged in to the account and there's a message saying 'your order has been cancelled, thanks'??? No comms from them at all.

We had to ring up, wait for ages to actually get connected, at which point we're informed they have cancelled because they don't have it. That's fine, these things happen, but to just cancel and wait a week for me to call up is not good service.

Furthermore, they simply took bank account details for a refund over the phone, still no confirmation by email or in the admin to double check details are correct, no reassuring electronic log whatsoever, and still no money. Informed that if it doesn't arrive by Monday we have to ring them back up again.

Lesson learnt, hopefully the money comes back without issue, but it's crap service and whilst I like the usability of the site, certainly wont be ordering anything except cash on delivery from them again.

They were still listing the product at the time we called, it has now gone but they are listing loads of other colourways which I would have been perfectly happy with, had they offered the option to change...

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have experiences on ordering an imported item (e.g. a Canon camera). Did you have to pay import taxes?

I've wondered about the same thing since Lazada stresses the "Imported" point in their ad and the ad will say the item is Internationally shipped and/or shipped from places like Hong Kong. And whether you get hit with customs or not can be a hit and miss, luck of the draw thing in Thailand when the item is valued at over Bt1,000.

Does anyone have experiences on ordering an imported item (e.g. a Canon camera). Did you have to pay import taxes?

I've wondered about the same thing since Lazada stresses the "Imported" point in their ad and the ad will say the item is Internationally shipped and/or shipped from places like Hong Kong. And whether you get hit with customs or not can be a hit and miss, luck of the draw thing in Thailand when the item is valued at over Bt1,000.

The things seem to be delivered without extra charges but they do not have the original guarantee.

Edited by harrry

The things seem to be delivered without extra charges but they do not have the original guarantee.

If I could ask, could you give and example of the items you have bought and approx cost? That is a tablet at Bt10,000.

And what do you mean the "do not have the original guarantee." Does that mean they don't have a guarantee good in Thailand, just for another country, or what?

Big thanks in advance.

Update on this: I returned the phone, but still have not received the galaxy tab. when we call lazada noone knows anything. This is ridiculous, and we dont know what to do.

holy crap. I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and got a Iphone 5c instead... really hope they fix this fast. I just sent an email to them.