Shengen Visa For Minor Thai: Present In Person At Embassy ?

Hi, my wife's daughter will be travelling to Belgium with us next april.

i have prepared all necessary documents, but my question is: does she have to be present in person at the embassy, or could her mother handle this for her?

The girl is 15 and goes to school in Surin.It would be inconvenient for her to have to stay 3-4 days in BKK.

Thanks for any advice.

You are probably aware that it does say that each applicant has to appear in person, maybe give VFS a call, 022 639102, and see if there is any way round this. They return the passport by EMS, so there is no need for your family to wait in Bangkok.

Every applicant applying for a Schengen visa to travel to Belgium has to appear in person to hand in the application at the Embassy of Belgium.

My Thai wife is guardian over the daugher of her sister.

We have a house in Belgium but we applied at the Swedish embassy a Visa for her, they made the Visa ready immidialy and was free of charge. The little girl she din't need to be present at the embassey.

The Belgium embassey knowing it would have took weeks maybe months to give a visa as they don't follow instructions, my expirience. If you apply at the Belgium embassey and you are Belgium citizen then they could be affraid she will stay in Belgium and possible they want to stop this.

Good luck.

Edited by NoBrains