Danish Driver Arrested And Police Officer Shot In Bizarre South Pattaya Incident

webfact

Danish driver arrested and Police Officer shot in bizarre South Pattaya incident

police-91.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Police Officer was shot in the leg and a Danish pick-up driver was arrested following a suspected hit-and-run road accident in Jomtien late on Friday Night.

Police were made aware of a pick-up being driven by a foreign man which failed to stop at the scene of a road accident where the vehicle was suspected of colliding with a motorbike on Jomtien Second Road and were called-in to locate and stop the pick-up, a Bronze Toyota Vigo.

The vehicle was located on the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya but it failed to stop and the decision was taken by Police stationed on the road to shoot the tyres on either side to stop the vehicle and its driver.

As two officers stationed on either side of the road opened fire on the vehicle one of them inadvertently shot his colleague located on the opposite side of the road. The vehicle was eventually stopped in Jomtien Beach Soi 5, close to the Immigration Office. After two of the tyres had deflated and the vehicle could not be driven any further. It’s driver was named as Mr. Vagn Zehngraff aged 57 from Denmark, who Police described as “extremely intoxicated”.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...ttaya-incident/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-19

• Like 2

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know in the states and uk a cop is not allowed to shoot out tires. This here is exactly the reason it's not allowed.

Could have just have easily just followed him to wherever he ended up and arrested him there. Shooting out tires, could have caused an accident with third parties injured or killed (let alone stupid police officers shooting at themselves).

• Like 2

I know in the states and uk a cop is not allowed to shoot out tires. This here is exactly the reason it's not allowed.

In the UK, they would rather the criminal gets away. Most people in the UK would be happy for police to shoot at fleeing criminals.

• Like 1

Policeman Shot by Policeman in Tyre Shootout

dd.jpg

PATTAYA:-- A drunk Dane who drove his truck through Jontien and Pattaya on Friday night, ended up causing one Policeman to be shot in the leg.

When Vagn Zehngraff, a 57 year old Danish Expat failed to stop after hitting a motorbike with his pickup truck on Friday evening, Police were called by members of the public and caught up with him.

Officers tried to get him to pull over but, allegedly fuelled by booze, he refused and officers decided that the best course of events… was to shoot out his tyres.

Positioned on opposite sides of the road, two officers drew their guns and fired simultaneously at the rear tyres of the Toyota Vigo as it passed by them.

Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/policeman-shot-drunk-dane/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

This kind of situation scares me. Not the drunk driving part. It's good that he was stopped.

BUT, the fact that the (so called) police in Thailand will readily and easily discharge their firearms, often with little or no training. Have witness this many times.

Happens far to often.

Last year in the village up to 10 policemen ambushed a local car thief and drug dealer who lives next to the school. They riddled his pickup but he still drove away unhurt! The school took several hits too but fortunately no kids injured.

This kind of situation scares me. Not the drunk driving part. It's good that he was stopped.

BUT, the fact that the (so called) police in Thailand will readily and easily discharge their firearms, often with little or no training. Have witness this many times.

I'm sure many of us would be interested in the evidence you undoubtably have that the RTP have little or no firearms training, apart from this one badly (and probably hurriedly) planned incident.

• Like 2

"Have witness this many times."

What an exciting life you must lead.

Could have just have easily just followed him to wherever he ended up and arrested him there. Shooting out tires, could have caused an accident with third parties injured or killed (let alone stupid police officers shooting at themselves).

"Could have just have easily just followed him to wherever he ended up and arrested him there."

After he collided with other vehicles and ran over a few pedestrians. Great strategy.

Edited by Suradit69

You're probably one of those (so called) innocent bystanders, right?

The weapons training here for Police must be a laff a minute.

I thought the Keystone Cops had all died of old age , guess they were re incanated in Thailand.

"Never point a gun in the direction of anything you don't want to destroy"

Guess they don't like each other.

I will be keeping this for my next Firearms class , my students will undoubtedly 'crack up'

cheesy.gif

He seems quite proud of himself in the OP photo.

In some countries a criminal can be charged over the injuries police suffer during an attempted apprehension. While I'm not so familiar with Thai law, I'm hopeful they can find a way to do the same in this case.

So the accident took place on Jomtien 2nd Rd, the tires were shot out on Pratumnak and he drove back from there to Soi 5 on deflated tires?

I wonder if he was a refugee from the piss-up condo launch party that was taking place just yards from there last night? He sounds stupid enough to be an estate agent or affiliated media mogul.

Nope, he wasn't, not dressed like on the photo.

You've actually seen Thai cops discharging their weapons many times??