Danish Driver Arrested And Police Officer Shot In Bizarre South Pattaya Incident

webfact

I know in the states and uk a cop is not allowed to shoot out tires. This here is exactly the reason it's not allowed.

Could have just have easily just followed him to wherever he ended up and arrested him there. Shooting out tires, could have caused an accident with third parties injured or killed (let alone stupid police officers shooting at themselves).

Exactly, it's not like he was going to make a run for the Cambodian border.

And what's up with all these Danes lately? Phuket, Pattaya. next it will be Chiang Mai. Must be a run on Danes at the BIB...probably because they can't even come close to pronouncing their names. laugh.png

• Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A colleague of mine claimed to have seen the following in the Sathorn Road area of Bangkok a few years ago. Young kid and his girlfriend fail to stop at a police checkpoint. Police motorcycle draws level with the youngsters bike and the copper on the back fires a bullet into the engine causing the teenagers to crash. Could be an urban myth, but I can believe it here.

I would guess he was hit by a recherché bullet.

Seems a daft and stupid thing to do in a built up area, even then if it was out in the country the fast moving situation like this it would not allow anybody time to compute all the possible scenarios and conduct a reasonable "risk assessment".

Probably this best describes the situation in the UK:

An Authorised Firearms Officer (AFO) is a British police officer who has received training and authorisation to carry and use firearms. The designation is significant because within the United Kingdom, police personnel do not routinely carry firearms. Members of the Police Service of Northern Ireland, however, do routinely carry firearms due to the nature of the increased risk of armed violence. The Ministry of Defence Police, who police the UK Defence estate and personnel, and the Civil Nuclear Constabulary who guard civil nuclear energy facilities also routinely carry firearms.

In the year 2007–2008, there were 6,780 Authorised Firearms Officers and 21,181 police operations in which firearms were authorised throughout England and Wales.

AFOs are often deployed in Armed Response Vehicles (ARV).

from http://en.wikipedia....irearms_Officer

Also only AFO's are allowed to carry and use Taser's.

Edited by Basil B

does anyone do what I do - read the first 3 words of a reply (through email) and just delete it

i find it a pretty good measure of the garbage that usually follows - gone

the first three words - hang on - delete - gone

This thread is especially spectacular........ gone whooosh

An incident same that mentioned in that thread, Police man shooting another Policeman, when firing at the same fleeing car,is just a slapstick kind of story!

But bad things and unwanted hits can happen everywhere, if carelessness gets the better of the shooter in the heat of pursuit.

I remember an incident in Austria,

a suspected Bank robbers car was fleeing and shot at (aimed at the tyres?) from Policeman,

a innocent Big Bike Motorbike driver, crossed the line of fire at that time and was shot dead threw the heart.

sad.png

i just hope that this guy gets jailed and others realise that drinking and driving is just plain stupid - you are going to kill someone - please please stop your truck after knocking me and my MB taxi onto the road - you better run and hide far far away because i will treat it as self defence

I really detest drunk drivers - they put me in danger

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

So the accident took place on Jomtien 2nd Rd, the tires were shot out on Pratumnak and he drove back from there to Soi 5 on deflated tires?

I wonder if he was a refugee from the piss-up condo launch party that was taking place just yards from there last night? He sounds stupid enough to be an estate agent or affiliated media mogul.

Here, Here. Well described ..........

You think the Thai way of thinking will make the Danish driver responsible for the policeman's leg injury?

Without doubt, not a question in my mind. All the blame will be put on him.

BTW, I do think this guy should be prosecuted to the full extent for drunk driving, failing to stop for police etc., but it is not his fault these idiot cops shot each other, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is charged for it.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

I know in the states and uk a cop is not allowed to shoot out tires. This here is exactly the reason it's not allowed.

In the UK, they would rather the criminal gets away. Most people in the UK would be happy for police to shoot at fleeing criminals.

maybe but as this incident shows, it's hardly the best way to stop a drunken fool. are the police armed in the uk now?

In the UK, they would rather the criminal gets away. Most people in the UK would be happy for police to shoot at fleeing criminals.

maybe but as this incident shows, it's hardly the best way to stop a drunken fool. are the police armed in the uk now?

Street cops, No.

I long ago stopped being embarrassed by what my countrymen do, but I am British and one can hardly assume responsibility for so many idiots.

Your British eh, hmmmm, what country are you from then.

It didnt seem fair to not include the Welsh, Scots and Irish in the grand total.

the Irish are not british. we are Irish.

Guess spike strips haven't arrived in Thailand. wink.png

post-566-0-69194000-1358566556_thumb.jpg

Interestingly enough, I read last week where a group of southern terrrorists used road spike strips to slow down any police or military followup to their attempted IED usage. Home made??

Edited by Dap

Interestingly enough, I read last week where a group of southern terrrorists used road spike strips to slow down any police or military followup to their attempted IED usage. Home made??

My understanding they just put nails in wood planks and laid them out on the road?

• Like 1

I long ago stopped being embarrassed by what my countrymen do, but I am British and one can hardly assume responsibility for so many idiots.

It didnt seem fair to not include the Welsh, Scots and Irish in the grand total.

Please give him leeway if he does not understand the difference. After all, he is British. And he also forgot the Manx.

As I was reading 'as two officers on either side of the road opened fire', I was thinking jeez, lucky they didn't shoot each other, but sure enough (reading on) one shot the other.

Jesus guys, the headline read, "Danish driver arrested and Police Officer shot in bizarre South Pattaya incident"

My understanding they just put nails in wood planks and laid them out on the road?

nails in planks work, but trying to call ahead and get spike strips placed in front of a vehicle with so many road options is difficult at best, better to commandeer a scooter and follow the turd

And we will be eternally grateful for that fact

I must say that I am embarrassed that a fellow country man drive around shit faced like that, shame on him.

Your British eh, hmmmm, what country are you from then. coffee1.gif

Come on now, how many Brits have been reported doing idiotic things here on TV? Not Bit bashing, Look at all the other nationalities too. Reminds me of an old George Carlin line, just think how stupid the average person is, then realize half of them are dumber than that.