Danish Driver Arrested And Police Officer Shot In Bizarre South Pattaya Incident

webfact

Guess spike strips haven't arrived in Thailand. wink.png

post-566-0-69194000-1358566556_thumb.jpg

Interestingly enough, I read last week where a group of southern terrrorists used road spike strips to slow down any police or military followup to their attempted IED usage. Home made??

My understanding they just put nails in wood planks and laid them out on the road?

And that will work as well. Sure gonna be a lot less expensive.

Am not trying to treat this as a joke because it isn't but the story of the US spending millions developing a pen that writes upsidedown and the Russians using a pencil ... comes to mind.

Edited by Dap

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I long ago stopped being embarrassed by what my countrymen do, but I am British and one can hardly assume responsibility for so many idiots.

Your British eh, hmmmm, what country are you from then.

It didnt seem fair to not include the Welsh, Scots and Irish in the grand total.

the Irish are not british. we are Irish.

The majority of Northern Ireland would disagree with you on that, including Rory McIlroy.

• Like 1

BTW what is extremely intoxicated? They developed a method about...oh, I don't know....30 years ago....to determine blood alcohol level. What, do they just guess here?

I saw a guy in Kata driving a motorbike, stopping to greet a friend, fell down because he forgot to put one foot on the ground to maintain balance. Just looking at him, did not need any other methods to determine that he was ''extremely intoxicated''.

BG coming out of soi 7 patts a couple of years ago - did the same, flat onto bitumen. Took her keys, offered MC taxi guy reasonable money to take her home - he wanted to gouge me, so I passed, just delivered her keys to soi 9 police after having dinner.

I know in the states and uk a cop is not allowed to shoot out tires. This here is exactly the reason it's not allowed.

In the UK, they would rather the criminal gets away. Most people in the UK would be happy for police to shoot at fleeing criminals.

Nonsense, The reason why police in the UK generally dont go around shooting like cowboys is because of the danger to civilians. I would like to think they are trained well enough not to stand opposite each other and shoot at tires like these idiots in Pattaya did.

Erm, the reason the police in the UK generally don't go around shooting like cowboys is because police in the UK generally don't carry guns.

I was obvously referring to Armed UK police, rather than the local bobby......Or maybe it wasn't so Obvious.