Chiang Mai Man Tries To Assault Aussie Jogger

Lite Beer

Chiang Mai Pervert Fails to Rape Aussie Jogger

CHIANG MAI – January 19, 2013 [PDN]: A Thai man with a mental disorder was arrested for the attempted rape of a tourist by Pol. Lt. Col. Somdul Wairak, Inspector, Mae Rim police station, Chiang Mai province; and the detective police team, after the victim had notified investigation officer Pol. Lt. Col. Supoj Suwan.

The suspect was identified as Mr. Kraisorn Saen-ngarm, age 26, the son of the assistant village head, Moo 3 Tambon Mae Raem, Amphur Mae Rim.

The female victim was identified as “Ms. Lily” (alias), age 30, an Australian tourist. Ms. Lily told police that she had travelled to Chiang Mai province on January 18, 2013, and was staying in a tourist resort in Amphur Mae Rim.

Before the assault occurred, Ms. Lily put on a fitted sporting suit to exercise. She started running from the resort, and along the road in Baan Oy village, Tambon Huay Sai. But on the way, a man drove his motorbike to park in front of her. He then dragged her into the forest on the side of the road, and tried to rape her.

Full Story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/01/20/chiang-mai-pervert-fails-to-rape-aussie-jogger/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

--Pattaya Daily News 2013-01-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting , anything like this will not help the tourist numbers. It is not the fact that she will not come back but the word of mouth re the incident. The Asians are flocking in they say, but are not as likely to get into these kind of situs, as they are mostly tour group style, the European types are the ones to fall foul to the scams and incidents. So as the numbers of European style tourists fade away so will the scams and assault incidents.

Future is looking a bit bleak for the bar persons if this trend continues, and hooray for Thailand and it's new found Asian friends.

Disgusting , anything like this will not help the tourist numbers. It is not the fact that she will not come back but the word of mouth re the incident. The Asians are flocking in they say, but are not as likely to get into these kind of situs, as they are mostly tour group style, the European types are the ones to fall foul to the scams and incidents. So as the numbers of European style tourists fade away so will the scams and assault incidents.

Future is looking a bit bleak for the bar persons if this trend continues, and hooray for Thailand and it's new found Asian friends.

For the bar persons? Why no Westerners to offer money for a quick rape?

My BAR persons, comment was thinking long term, as Euopean tourists are getting less and Asian tourists are on the increase, the distant future for the masses of bar persns who will have to return to provinses, through lack of customers.

The subject of how posters view the ins and outs of paying for sex etc, is not for me to say what's right and wrong, it is here and will be here for a long time, BUT the fact is it is on the downward trend as less individual travellers are arriving.

• Like 2

Son of assistant village head, another arsehol_e who thinks he can do anything he pleases.

and the lady , put on a fitted sporting suit, why is this relevant,I suppose it will be used as

defense by the man , could not help himself, was her fault !!

regards Worgeordie

Have you seen the "photo" at the top of the report linked to?. What kind of cr@p news source is this?

• Like 2

Even if he is mentally unstable (which is debatable. It may just be an easy way to get him excused), he should suffer some sort of severe reprimand. Unless he's a complete whacko, he knows what he tried doing is illegal and harmful. Methinks Thai authorities are too quick to excuse the xxxxxx because the guy is the son of somebody important. Too bad the woman didn't beat the shit out of him - give him a few sharp kangaroo kicks to the you-know-what.

Expect him to get off with nary a handslap, and thereby be more emboldened than before - to go and jump on pretty farang ladies whenever the urge arises.

Edited by metisdead

My BAR persons, comment was thinking long term, as Euopean tourists are getting less and Asian tourists are on the increase, the distant future for the masses of bar persns who will have to return to provinses, through lack of customers.

The subject of how posters view the ins and outs of paying for sex etc, is not for me to say what's right and wrong, it is here and will be here for a long time, BUT the fact is it is on the downward trend as less individual travellers are arriving.

I don't think a 30 year old female tourist came here for bar mongering, you are talking about a totally different type of tourist.

• Like 1

I don't think a 30 year old female tourist came here for bar mongering, you are talking about a totally different type of tourist.

I wasn't even connecting the Bar and the Aussie lady, please read the gist of what I posted.

Dwindling numbers of individual tourists and more group Asian--safty in numbers.

My BAR comments were not related to this attack directly. Please look again, not jump in with both feet.

In their initial investigation, the police found that Mr. Kraisorn had a condition of a mental disorder, and he had been sent to be cured in a Chiang Mai hospital. The local people also told police that Mr. Kraisorn always showed his sexual organ in public places which made people feel bored. So the police prepared to send the defendant to check his mental symptom again, before sending him to prosecute further in an accusation of raping other people.

This masterpiece essay deserves a Pulitzer. :(

• Like 2

In their initial investigation, the police found that Mr. Kraisorn had a condition of a mental disorder, and he had been sent to be cured in a Chiang Mai hospital. The local people also told police that Mr. Kraisorn always showed his sexual organ in public places which made people feel bored. So the police prepared to send the defendant to check his mental symptom again, before sending him to prosecute further in an accusation of raping other people.

This masterpiece essay deserves a Pulitzer. sad.png

I am assuming a translation issue or possibly the man was simply hung like a mosquito. Edited by metisdead
: 30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.
  • Like 2

I wasn't even connecting the Bar and the Aussie lady, please read the gist of what I posted.

Dwindling numbers of individual tourists and more group Asian--safty in numbers.

My BAR comments were not related to this attack directly. Please look again, not jump in with both feet.

No, I have looked again and you state bar persons are going to suffer. The lady was a tourist here to visit the sites and experience the culture, she is a different type of tourist than those who visit bars.

You are right that stories like this may harm tourist numbers but it will not affect the number of male visitors that use the bars.

Have you seen the "photo" at the top of the report linked to?. What kind of cr@p news source is this?

Drop them a line...

Pattaya Daily News is an online news publication that is constantly striving to improve on an already successful product. Pattaya Daily News is now a tri-lingual news website providing full text articles and features in the topic areas of crime, community, sport, entertainment, tourism, politics, business and various national & international news topics.

Please contact us wherever possible by email, directed at the individual or department which you are requiring assistance from;

Editorial Team For comments, complaints or other content inquiries:

editor[at]pattayadailynews.com

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/contactus/

Son of assistant village head, another arsehol_e who thinks he can do anything he pleases.

and the lady , put on a fitted sporting suit, why is this relevant,I suppose it will be used as

defense by the man , could not help himself, was her fault !!

regards Worgeordie

Exactly; so insensitive, sickening and stupid of them to put such a photo there !

Yew!! Sick they are for sure and even more sick to have written this :

"

"In their initial investigation, the police found that Mr. Kraisorn had a condition of a mental disorder, and he had been sent to be cured in a Chiang Mai hospital. The local people also told police that Mr. Kraisorn always showed his sexual organ in public places which made people feel bored.

So the police prepared to send the defendant to check his mental symptom again, before sending him to prosecute further in an accusation of raping other people.

OMG... these reporters are hopeless but before they even try to improve their skills thay should learn proper English to be comprehensible to begin with... Once they are comprehensible then yes by all means improve your reporting skills ... Hopeless but totaly hopeless!!

• Like 1

what drivel

what you forget the Westerner built most Thailand's resorts, Your Asian friends will not spread there money around like westerners , they arrive in groups chaperoned around like cattle in groups and the big hotels and company's will make a lot of money , where will the street venders go, you don't see many Japanese or Indians, buying street food.

Nope you are wrong there.... right as in USED TO BE!! Now the trend as changed and they are not travelling in heards but individually and exploring and eating in the local spots... Go out and spend a few days in CM center and you will see..

Yes another nail in the coffin of Thai tourism, i have heard this crap for so many years now but the numbers keep on rising

For the bar persons? Why no Westerners to offer money for a quick rape?

Why attack the westerners? Are you a racist?

what drivel

what you forget the Westerner built most Thailand's resorts, Your Asian friends will not spread there money around like westerners , they arrive in groups chaperoned around like cattle in groups and the big hotels and company's will make a lot of money , where will the street venders go, you don't see many Japanese or Indians, buying street food.

Nope you are wrong there.... right as in USED TO BE!! Now the trend as changed and they are not travelling in heards but individually and exploring and eating in the local spots... Go out and spend a few days in CM center and you will see..

"herds" Where did you go to school ?

Son of somebody important? As in assistant village head?

just another "village idiot'.

..and had access to what education, what medical services etc. No excuses, but your village idiot comment is sa simple and pathetic as your own attitude... go home unless you really want to look inside Thai village life were 90% of all Thai life still goes on.... no, better than that, just go home, I've yet to see any decent input from you over a couple of years.