Consecutive Tourist Visas

I have stayed in thailand (most of the time) for slightly over a year, first on a triple entry tourist visa, then I did a border run and got two more weeks, then I had a 3 month educational visa when doing a course, and now I am on another tourist visa, soon to expire.

Thus, I had two tourist visas in my passport last year (but one was triple entry, issued the year prior)

I now need to get a new tourist visa. There was a little bit hassle in Vientiana when I got my previous tourist visa. I am thinking Phom Penh could be an option, using a travel agent service. Is it true that then it will only take one day to obtain the visa? Will the travel agent need anything such as bank statement, confirmed hotel booking in Thailand, Flight ticket out of Thailand etc? Or can all that be bypassed when using a travel agent?

Any other options that are recommendable?

PP takes about 4 days and most travel agents do not even want to chance using them from what I have seen reported as they never know how long it will take and customers get very upset when they do not get there passport back when expected.

PP takes about 4 days and most travel agents do not even want to chance using them from what I have seen reported as they never know how long it will take and customers get very upset when they do not get there passport back when expected.

Ok, so 4 days... Given my prior visas, do you think I would have any problem getting a new Tourist Visa in PP, if using an agent?

There is no written time period on tourist visas or number of tourist visas you can get.

Penang has been known to refuse issuance of another tourist visa. Others just advise or put stamp in passport that the one they just issued is the last.

I suggest submitting proof of funds coming from outside Thailand with application. A bank book from a Thai bank showing incoming foreign funds transfer would be the best.

Kl only does single entry visas. There have been reports that they will also stop issuing visas after you get several from them.

Edited by ubonjoe

Several

I don't recall the number.

If it is your first trip to KL you could get one.

I have two tourist visas in my passport from last year (one triple entry, one single entry). None of them from KL. But in between those two, I did have one educational visa (3 month) issued in KL.

Go back to school and study Thai language at any reputable school and get yourself another ED Visa. They can be stretched, in my case, for up to 3 years with multiple extensions (2 in the first year, then 1 year extensions over the next 2 years, no border runs - in my case at my school - your mileage may vary). Overall,if you plan on staying long term, it's cheaper to pay for schooling and one visa along with a lesser number of extensions than for all the visa runs (hotels and Laos visas etc) border runs and 4 extensions a year when using TVs. Less wondering if things will be accepted by whichever embassy you go to as well.