Yingluck Outlines Thailand's Strategies

webfact

POLITICS

PM outlines Thailand's strategies

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Tuesday announced a package of national strategies to move the country forward for sustainable growth and readiness to be integrated into the Southeast Asian economic region.

She met with provincial governors and senior officials to confer the government's policy and work on budget allocations for the 2014 fiscal year, Thai News Agency reported.

In a four-point strategy to herald Thailand’s arrival at a new era, Yingluck urged the public sector to strengthen Thailand's competitive edge to lift the country from low-income to middle-income levels, and minimise disparity in society to create equal opportunity.

She said the government emphasises growth on the quality-of-life and environmentally-friendly basis, as well as development of state administrative system.

The strategies will sustainably move the country in accord with His Majesty the King's sufficient economy initiatives, she said.

The premier said taking the helm of Thailand in over a year has been challenging given internal and external factors, including volatile economy and international relations particularly with Europe which signifies democracy and equality.

"The country's economy has been imbalance and society lacked management. Cooperative and integrated management in the public sector has quickly revitalised the economy, contributing to a national reserve of 48 per cent which is higher than earlier predicted while this year's GDP is forecast at 5.5 per cent," said Yingluck.

She added that inflation is back to normal at 3 per cent while the government successfully alleviated the deficit which was recorded at Bt400 billion in the past.

Public debt is at 43.9 per cent which is much better than the situation in many countries in the region, she said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-22

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PM outlines directives for Thailand’s prosperity

By Digital Media

20130122124001.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 22 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today announced a package of national strategies to move the country forward for sustainable growth and readiness to be integrated into the Southeast Asian economic region.

She met with provincial governors and senior officials to confer the government’s policy and work on budget allocations for the 2014 fiscal year.

In a four-point strategy to herald Thailand's arrival at a new era, Ms Yingluck urged the public sector to strengthen Thailand’s competitive edge to lift the country from low-income to middle-income levels, and minimise disparity in society to create equal opportunity.

She said the government emphasises growth on the quality-of-life and environmentally-friendly basis, as well as development of state administrative system.

The strategies will sustainably move the country in accord with His Majesty the King’s sufficient economy initiatives, she said.

The premier said taking the helm of Thailand in over a year has been challenging given internal and external factors, including volatile economy and international relations particularly with Europe which signifies democracy and equality.

“The country’s economy has been imbalance and society lacked management. Cooperative and integrated management in the public sector has quickly revitalised the economy, contributing to a national reserve of 48 per cent which is higher than earlier predicted while this year’s GDP is forecast at 5.5 per cent,” said Ms Yingluck.

She added that inflation is back to normal at 3 per cent while the government successfully alleviated the deficit which was recorded at Bt400 billion in the past.

Public debt is at 43.9 per cent which is much better than the situation in many countries in the region, she said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-01-22

• Like 1

What a ridiculous misguided attempt at 'selling' govt policies and strategies.

1. Govt "emphasises" growth on the quality-of-life and environmentally-friendly basis, ~ ... development of state administrative system. Quality of life has been seriously depleted since PTP got the keys to the treasury. Rising cost of living, rising unemployment, etc. Environmentally friendly - just look at the streets, the vacant land and the khlongs. That needs no further explanation - utter 'rubbish'. Development of state administration - The Nation can't even get the term correct. There is no state and there are no states in Thailand let alone to develop.

Ah yes, they show how concerned they are about the environment:

And the fiscal policy, the PTP government must be using sorcery there, they keep borrowing obscene amounts of money and decreasing taxes (for the rich) yet the debt doesn't increase, it's magic! (Or a bunch of white lies)

• Like 2

PM outlines directives for Thailand’s prosperity

When will the fourth estate get it right I ask ?

It actually should read, P.M outlines directives for Thaksin s family and their brown nosing acolytes prosperity.

• Like 2

Urging the public sector.

What on earth does that mean in practical terms?

She is the bloody public sector. Anything more practical than feeling an urge?

And really ...! Isn't the Press a little embarassed to even report this garbage ..? Actually she doesn't have a wine drinking problem or need to take any special ear medecin but he is starting to sound more intelligent than her .... Oye! Someone please save this country / And no Tak.. I certainly wasn't referring to you because we know you are the actual one who has come up with these brilliant strategies ....

Edited by Meetoo
  • Like 1

1. Govt "emphasises" growth on the quality-of-life and environmentally-friendly basis, ~ ... development of state administrative system. Quality of life has been seriously depleted since PTP got the keys to the treasury. Rising cost of living, rising unemployment, etc. Environmentally friendly - just look at the streets, the vacant land and the khlongs. That needs no further explanation - utter 'rubbish'. Development of state administration - The Nation can't even get the term correct. There is no state and there are no states in Thailand let alone to develop.

2. Aligning the Govt to the wishes of the Monarchy? No comment for fear of being busted off the forum by the Mods.

3. Difficulties from internal and external factors then trying to align that statement with 'democracies' of Europe? Thailand does not have democracy, time to get that through your head PM. You are all but a dictatorship at the behest of a convicted criminal being enforced by armed militia in the form of police and army apart from your private army of reds.

4. Then a whole bunch of unsubstantiated statistics claiming the Govt is doing well when the whole place is back sliding in corruption, falsified figures and deliberate misinformation. PTP have thrown the country in to massive debt of which repayment is calculated on future growth but like the rice scam you are doing nothing more than gambling the real Thai peoples' funds and right to a properly managed future.

Shame, you should resign now and hang your head at failing and lying to the Thai people.

I don't have a problem with

"2. Aligning the Govt to the wishes of the Monarchy? No comment for fear of being busted off the forum by the Mods."

All she is doing is saying she is clueless and the king has the right ideas. Long live the king.

• Like 1

I may have missed it.

I mean "urged the public sector to strengthen Thailand's competitive edge" is not a strategy. "minimise disparity in society to create equal opportunity." may be a strategy but sounds like a policy without content. "emphasises growth on the quality-of-life and environmentally-friendly basis" is not a strategy (and IMHO close to a bloody lie). "development of state administrative system" sound interesting but is no strategy.

So, what are those four strategies?wai.gif

This is just media hand out stuff with no real impact or conviction,take a street survey in 2 days time and you will be lucky to find anyone who remembered this far from memorable speech, just more spin and no substance.

And worst of all none of what she said can be proven at a later date,not to have happened, or advanced anything for the people,just played out Politicians weasel words! haven't the people heard all this before? I think they must have with 19 Coups under their belts!

Edited by MAJIC

Well done Yingluck keep moving Thailand forward, I eagerly await the next 'happiness' poll........oh and you are nowhere near as predictable as the first 15 or so comments on a Tvisa thread where the header includes your name..smile.png

Absolutely right 473geo!clap2.gif

She will need all the help she can get to move this country forward.

With the use of a good 4 x 4 she will be able to negotiate the steep hills and curves of the Rice Mountains, ford the flooded rivers and patiently negotiate the gridlocked cities, all the while dodging accusations of rampant corruption that pop up to impede her progress.

Go Yingluckwai2.gif

I read an article where she is going to pull Thailand out of the middle income trap the average family will go from around $5,000 a year to over $12,000 a year. This is to take place over a 10 to 15 year span. In other words if it happens it will be by succeeding governments. She plans to do it by mega spending.

I guess she is referring to high speed rail then other things maybe she will work on real sustainable flood control and brining the nation up to an awareness of the water management. I. E. stop cutting down all the trees stop polluting the water.

Urging the public sector.

What on earth does that mean in practical terms?

She is the bloody public sector. Anything more practical than feeling an urge?

Perhaps she might consider setting-up a study-group, to enquire into the possibility of commissioning a report, to recommend options for suitable actions, in the fullness of time, and at the appropriate juncture and only after a serious all-expenses-paid first-class/five-star shopping-trip study-trip abroad for all concerned ? laugh.png

Nah, just delegate it to DPM-Super-Chalerm, who will solve it within 90-days, as usual ! tongue.png

Edited by Ricardo

I'm still not sure if this is one of the four policies "the government emphasises growth on the quality-of-life and environmentally-friendly basis", but if it is it certainly needs a bit of polishing rolleyes.gif

"Locals vow to fight proposed project; state agency says nothing finalised

The Stage 3 N1 expressway will be 19.2 kilometres long and part of the Laem Chabang Port-Bangkok-Dawei deep-sea port highway system. Up to Bt100 billion is being spent on the N1-N3 project.

The immediate impacts reported include dust and smoke affecting nearby communities and schools, a greater risk of accidents and the expressway blocking the view and light."

She only says what the scriptwriters provide for her. Give the poor girl a chance. Her idea of strategy seems to be to tell someone else to "do something to solve a problem or make something better". She must have studied some interersting texts on effective leadership, strategy development and implementation, financial managment and budgetary during her development as a highly skilled business leader. Thailand will now benefit from all the learning as she implements the same wise decisions she used in business. whistling.gif

2. Aligning the Govt to the wishes of the Monarchy? No comment for fear of being busted off the forum by the Mods.

3. Difficulties from internal and external factors then trying to align that statement with 'democracies' of Europe? Thailand does not have democracy, time to get that through your head PM. You are all but a dictatorship at the behest of a convicted criminal being enforced by armed militia in the form of police and army apart from your private army of reds.

4. Then a whole bunch of unsubstantiated statistics claiming the Govt is doing well when the whole place is back sliding in corruption, falsified figures and deliberate misinformation. PTP have thrown the country in to massive debt of which repayment is calculated on future growth but like the rice scam you are doing nothing more than gambling the real Thai peoples' funds and right to a properly managed future.

Shame, you should resign now and hang your head at failing and lying to the Thai people.

I don't have a problem with

"2. Aligning the Govt to the wishes of the Monarchy? No comment for fear of being busted off the forum by the Mods."

All she is doing is saying she is clueless and the king has the right ideas. Long live the king.

I've no idea what the king's wishes are although I may try to find out but going on past experience I wouldn't doubt that he has the right idea. Also going on past experience it's amazing that he needs to tell them.

I don't really like commenting on these things as I dislike the idea that my views can't be challenged. So sorry.

I must admit that there doesn't seem to be a lot of substance in this statement.

Shinawatra clan strategy? I believe John Denver wrote a song about it wink.png

'Rocky Richy Mountain My High', or something like that ? rolleyes.gif

'Grandpa's Feather-Bed Gravy-Train' ?

'Take Bring Me Home, Country Roads Folk' ?

'Thank God I'm A Country Boy Billionaire' ? laugh.png

Shinawatra clan strategy? I believe John Denver wrote a song about it wink.png

'Rocky Richy Mountain My High', or something like that ? rolleyes.gif

'Grandpa's Feather-Bed Gravy-Train' ?

'Take Bring Me Home, Country Roads Folk' ?

'Thank God I'm A Country Boy Billionaire' ? laugh.png

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go.

• Like 1