Thai National Team Playing Football In Cm Tomorrow?

15Peter20

My missus says she heard that the Thai national footy team will be playing at the 700 Year Stadium tomorrow (wednesday) against 'Korea'.

That's all I got. Don't know if its the full/senior/'A' national squads, don't know the kickoff time or anything else. Can anyone help with this? Cheers.

Edited by 15Peter20

I have been told that there are two matches tomorrow (back to back starting at 4pm), one involving the Thai team. There will apparently also be matches every day this week culminating in the final on Saturday.

It's a competition between Thailand, N.Korea and a bunch of Scandinavian countries. The teams are all "under 24" teams. All of this is subject to being completely wrong... but it is what I have been told! If anyone has a better source of info please share.

Thank you to my lovely wife I now have proper information. It comes from a Thai website: http://www.hikicker.com/football/news/international/5080.html

And also here: http://www.facebook.com/CheerFootballThailand

The upshot is that tomorrow 5pm is Sweden playing N.Korea. At 7pm it is Thailand playing Finland.

On Saturday the losers final from tomorrow is at 5pm. The real final will be played at 7pm.

See you there...

I have been told that there are two matches tomorrow (back to back starting at 4pm), one involving the Thai team. There will apparently also be matches every day this week culminating in the final on Saturday.

It's a competition between Thailand, N.Korea and a bunch of Scandinavian countries. The teams are all "under 24" teams. All of this is subject to being completely wrong... but it is what I have been told! If anyone has a better source of info please share.

Yes...you are totally wrong.....only thing is right is that first game starts 4pm...and that "bunch" is Finland and Sweden...

Yes...you are totally wrong.....only thing is right is that first game starts 4pm...and that "bunch" is Finland and Sweden...

Okay, so when do you think the Thailand game will start - 6 or 7?

Thank you to my lovely wife I now have proper information. It comes from a Thai website: http://www.hikicker....ional/5080.html

And also here: http://www.facebook....ootballThailand

The upshot is that tomorrow 5pm is Sweden playing N.Korea. At 7pm it is Thailand playing Finland.

On Saturday the losers final from tomorrow is at 5pm. The real final will be played at 7pm.

See you there...

...here it is guys...againwink.png

Am also told the PM of Thailand will be in attendance so the TV faithful should dust off their blunderbusses and get some target practice in beforehand. biggrin.png

The smiley is I hope sufficient to reflect that I am not actually advocating assassination attempts. It's a joke. Ha ha ha. See?

Went to this earlier this evening. Thailand lost 1-3 but it was a pretty good game. It must have been senior teams because Mikael Forssell (ex-Chelsea, remember him anyone?) was playing and scored two of their goals.

But something else happened during the match which I found quite unsettling, and I'd like to share it with you (nothing to do with football).

Prime Minister Yingluck was there, very dapper in her black suit. I was at about 40-50 meters away. Now, as previous visitors to evening games at 700 year stadium probably know the lights atop the stands attract all manner of insects and they in turn attract a number of bats looking for an evening feast. Not 30 meters directly in front of Yingluck - just above the long jump track - about 5 minutes into the game one of these bats suddenly started feverishly flapping its wings whilst plunging vertically downwards to the ground where it then lay completely motionless. Stone dead it seemed.

I wondered if anyone else saw it, and then started thinking that Yingluck could be the devil incarnate, able to induce cardiac arrest in any creature she gazed at with a weak heart. As the first half wore on, I kept glancing at the bat prone and motionless hoping to see some sign of life. Nothing. When Yingluck turned in my direction to chat with someone sat behind her, I averted my furtive gaze for fear of a pulmonary wrongfart. Then after 20 minutes, the she-Satan left just after Thailand went 2-0 down.

Half time arrived. Just as a group of Thai substitutes narrowly avoided unwittingly making bat pancake whilst walking towards the tunnel, the little fella fluttered into life, but only enough to move itself a couple of meters further down the side of the long jump track, where it again lay motionless for the rest of the match. It was with some relief that I realized Yingluck clearly didn't have the power to kill small animals with a glance, but just stun them for a while.

Anyway, later on during the half time break my attention is again drawn towards another bat, lit up bright in the floodlights, starting to seemingly struggle and lose altitude in a descending spiral. It too ended up still on the ground, nearer to us just at the foot of the stand. I didn't see this one move at all after that.

But Yingluck had already been gone about half an hour - surely she couldn't have....used some kind of telepathy? I guessed not, and that this latest casualty seemed to exonerate the Prime Minister from the accusation of being evil incarnate, with powers the like of which could only be bestowed by the Devil, bored farangs, or Hollywood itself. So all this gives rise to the question - what makes bats fall out of the air and seemingly die whilst feeding? If anyone knows the answer, please post and put leading Thai politicians in the clear once and for all.

Edited by 15Peter20

So all this gives rise to the question - what makes bats fall out of the air and seemingly die whilst feeding? If anyone knows the answer, please post and put leading Thai politicians in the clear once and for all.

Bats never seem to learn, they simply can't manage that last extra-slice of pizza, however tempting or tasty it may appear, as it makes them too heavy to fly ! whistling.gif Whereas we farangs can almost-always find space ! smile.png

And disappointed-manager PM-Yingluck should have learned, from the Cambodia-PTP game, and played one of her star Red-players up-front ! laugh.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1