We All Have Seen The 7-11 Drinking But Whats With Friendship Supermarket Drinking

lemoncake

No doubt everyone has seen and no doubt some have done it, the 7-11 beer drinking, ie buying from 7-11 and standing/sitting at the doors drinking it, also known as cheap charlies(in some circles)

But whats with drinking at Friendship Supermarket? the beers are cheaper? or the benches softer?

Every day now, i see few "special" people with bottles of large size beer, wrapped in plastic shopping bag along with bread rolls

Is that a new cheap charlie hang out? or a step up from 7-11?biggrin.png

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been going on for years, just more Westerners in Pattaya now, therefore more noticeable. Foodland is a reasonable location, you do not have to put up with boring BGs.

can always consume it at home to avoid the boring BG's or go to a place with fun BG'swink.png

• Like 1

Been going on for years, just more Westerners in Pattaya now, therefore more noticeable. Foodland is a reasonable location, you do not have to put up with boring BGs.

can always consume it at home to avoid the boring BG's or go to a place with fun BG'swink.png

Sometimes they are at home and won't leave.

I would assume those sitting around drinking outside Friendship have been denied access to the basement.

Not so far from the truth, my favourite was the Carrefour Cheap Charlies, couldnt even afford the food court,

Some call it, "livin the dream"

Lets not forget the high rollers in town, a big Chang with a straw and go for a perv up and down WS.

There is also always a group of older expats hanging out in Tops Central and Tops Pattaya Klang. I prefer the thai market on buahakao (50b large chang) where you can sit outside instead of being in an AC environment.. also at least you can light up a smoke thumbsup.gif

I could care less about the drinking . But all these smokers ghettos in front of all the supermarkets is disgusting

Like what is with these people who go to supermarkets to sit around in front smoking ??

Edited by morrobay

Yep, exchange rates and price increases have some expats watching their budgets more closely. And yeah, some guys already have a GF/wife, so they just want to meet and talk with friends.

Several new Cheap beer places, Katesiree on Soi Bukao and Beer & Coffee on Khatalo, offer low priced drinks and no bar girls. There are many stone table outside small Mom & Pop stores over here on the Dark Side and they seem to have many customers drinking there :)

Yep, exchange rates and price increases have some expats watching their budgets more closely. And yeah, some guys already have a GF/wife, so they just want to meet and talk with friends.

Several new Cheap beer places, Katesiree on Soi Bukao and Beer & Coffee on Khatalo, offer low priced drinks and no bar girls. There are many stone table outside small Mom & Pop stores over here on the Dark Side and they seem to have many customers drinking there smile.png

I live on the Dark Side and wife tells me the guys at the Mom & Pop stores sometimes call out to her to join them when she is shopping, she doesn't. Interestingly sometimes their GF call out & ask my wife if she knows anyone interested in being introduced to their BF's friend/s. She says no, men drinking beer in the day, "low style"smile.png

Edited by simple1

I could care less about the drinking . But all these smokers ghettos in front of all the supermarkets is disgusting

Like what is with these people who go to supermarkets to sit around in front smoking ??

would you prefer they smoke inside? the smoking nazi patrol is around againrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Lets not forget the high rollers in town, a big Chang with a straw and go for a perv up and down WS.

Oh yes! I saw one while I was perving perambulating down Soi 6 the other day. Shades tipped back on his head, scoping the tarts languidly while sipping his CAN of Chang through a long straw. Dead hansum he was.

I agree smoking is a disgusting addiction. But I try to cut them some slack. They are just too weak to quit. more than 90% say they want to stop, and no longer enjoy it.

I agree smoking is a disgusting addiction. But I try to cut them some slack. They are just too weak to quit. more than 90% say they want to stop, and no longer enjoy it.

disgusting addiction in whose opinion? smoking has been around for centuries.

Too weak you say?, have you smoked and tried to quit? while it does require some mental power it is a total change of life style, because your "best friend" is not longer there when you have a coffee or drink or food etc.

Why is it that for centuries smoking was not a problem and now the smoking nazi is making a big fuss? including your post

The quiting business has become a bigger business than smoking business. All the nicabates, nicarettes , gums, sprays, etc etc etc and all of it is very expansive.

Perhaps some are making just as much money in advocating how "disgusting" it is, if not more money.

You can try to argue with medical point of view of all the death related to smoking, but i can just as easily counter that with deaths related to alcohol, pollution, just cancer, stress etc etc etc

Who took the jam out of your donut?