Queens Park Rangers

rijit

got to say with the last couple of results terriblebleets penalty miss and the spanking at swansea atm its dificult to c qpr staying up

however if johnson were to get fit and chip in with afew goals , zamora show some pre injiry form wbo knows.as 4 samba No doubts ,when fit and lets not forget the russian fitness standards are POOR

he will put in some good performances, cos imo he's a top c/b but turning a profit on him? very doubtful.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to say with the last couple of results terriblebleets penalty miss and the spanking at swansea atm its dificult to c qpr staying up

however if johnson were to get fit and chip in with afew goals , zamora show some pre injiry form wbo knows.as 4 samba No doubts ,when fit and lets not forget the russian fitness standards are POOR

he will put in some good performances, cos imo he's a top c/b but turning a profit on him? very doubtful.

Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp has taken his side on a mid-season jaunt to Dubai in a bid to revive their flagging fortunes before they resume what is threatening to become an increasingly forlorn battle against the drop.

Harry Redknapp took over from Mark Hughes as QPR boss last year

A 4-1 defeat at Swansea last Saturday left QPR in a perilous position at the foot of the Premier League table, inspiring Redknapp to try an alternative to a domestic set-up that is clearly not to his liking.

"Our training ground at Harlington is not the best, to say the least," he told the QPR website, touching on a venue that was once used by Chelsea. "When it rains, the pitch floods. When it snows, we can't get on it. We've got no under soil heating. So this is an opportunity to get out and train on some good surfaces.

"This will provide a good break. We need to get away to train on a decent surface for a few days. I think there are six teams going to Dubai this week, everyone is getting away to do a bit of training."

Redknapp may bump into his old friend Sam Allardyce in Dubai, with the West Ham boss taking his side to the Middle East sunshine retreat as they look to make the most of a two-week sabbatical in their fixture list.

"The climate will be perfect and the training facilities will be superb," Allardyce told the West Ham website. "We'll be carrying on with the training, but let them relax too and after they've done their training allow them to enjoy the warm weather, the sunshine and the beauty of Dubai.

"Everything that goes with Dubai is fantastic, it's one of the best resorts in the world today and when you can go to release the pressures they're under on a day-to-day basis then hopefully that will stand us in good stead for the last part of the season.

"It worked last year, we had a fantastic finish to the season and I still think the trip that we had at this time last year was a big benefit in the end for getting us promoted into the Premier League.

"Most clubs have already been away. I've talked to a lot of managers and they've already taken the opportunity to get away when they can.

"When the lads can train in short sleeves and shorts, and the weathers in the 60s, 70s, 80s degrees, they don't want to finish training, they just want to carry on. You get an awful lot more out of them.

"When they are in gloves and hats, it's hard to keep them warm, you have to keep them going. It's not an ideal environment whereas Dubai is a fantastic environment for training.

"The benefits mentally will be massive. The pressure on players today is enormous in the Premier League, it's all around you, all the time. It's 24/7, so to go away and recuperate physically and mentally is a big, big thing for us."

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously they are but Didn't think that qpr looked like a relegation threatened team on saturday , they all manned up, chased and harried for everything, and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. good 2 see jenas get a game, and remi is one sharp cookie,kept fit he's gonna score bundles,. samba is getting bac his fitness and startin 2 look a beast. out of all the teams that are at the bottom, from what i saw over the weekend imo they look most likely to put a run of form 2 gether, whether it's 2 late, we will c.

anyone else reckon the recent drinking, ari speelling bollacks 'he's stickin by the players' all they did was work hard ,and using an anonymous agent as the scrape goat, and now fernandez turned down a bigger offer 4 samba, think the bullshit russia thing from redknap !!!!!!!, And in the same vein, a real cheeky chancy team spirit building exercise?, us against them attitude ,.4 sure fernandez would be up 4 it,???

Edited by rijit

• 2 months later...

If Spurs had not been so generous giving away loan players to QPR etc, they might have consolidated 4th spot already. Big error by AVB or whoever pulls the strings.

I don't think top four ever rested at the feet of Andros Townsens, as finer talent as he looks.

Top four failure, if the expected happens is very much down to Adebayor in my book. If he had given us a little as ten games this season of the quality he has shown in the last two matches we would have been home and dry weeks ago. He has a lot to answer for and i hope we off him in the summer. The bloke is too unpredictable and far more trouble than he is worth

If Spurs had not been so generous giving away loan players to QPR etc, they might have consolidated 4th spot already. Big error by AVB or whoever pulls the strings.

So if Remy gets found guilty of rape, is it down to AVB not buying him?ohmy.png

I don't think top four ever rested at the feet of Andros Townsens, as finer talent as he looks.

Top four failure, if the expected happens is very much down to Adebayor in my book. If he had given us a little as ten games this season of the quality he has shown in the last two matches we would have been home and dry weeks ago. He has a lot to answer for and i hope we off him in the summer. The bloke is too unpredictable and far more trouble than he is worth

Quite agree. thumbsup.gif

Too much gormless nonsense....and then a couple of good performances at the end of the season. Not enough I agree.