Bangkok To Koh Phi Phi?

Christiphuroc

Go to the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok and get a ticket for a night bus to Phuket, you'll arrive early in the morning at Phuket Town Busstation. From there take a shared taxi to the port (Ratchada). Avoid backpacker busses which travel agencies at Khao San Road (the backpacker ghetto in Bangkok) will sell.

-the quickest easiest cheapest and safest method of getting from Bangkok to koh phi phi and possible Phuket-

Quickest, fly, with one of the Airlines from Bangkoks DON MUANG airport, Air Asia, Nok Air, Orient Thai.

booked in advance on special occasions you can get flights really cheap.

Easiest, fly.

Cheapest, take the cheapest BUS you can find.

Safest, still, fly!

Bus or flight to Phuket or Krabi brings you also near to Pee Pee Islands and the trip continues with a boat.

Take a regular bigger, maybe slower boat, cheaper and not so much problems if the sea should go rough or its raining - Speed boat problem.

wai.gif

Forget,with such a big group, 5 people, also possible,

Adventure and a bit dangerous -

Rent a car, 5-7 days should give you a ONE WAY rent possibility, 1.000 Baht a day = small car, no place for the backpacks.

You would have to look for a Pick Up maybe you find one for the same price or slightly higher. (thairentacar has Pick Ups)

So price per day for one, if there are 5 = 200 - 270 Baht, 7 - 9 Dollar each per day.

Maybe needed, that somebody is already 21 young.

Could drive south, passing by, HUA HIN, RANONG, KHAO LAK to PHUKET, driving the South Western Route after CHUMPHON

which is, after Chumphon keeping right, on to direction, RANONG, absolutely SCENIC.

Sleeping on route, in Prachuap Khiri Khan city-my choice, or in Hua Hin and/or Ranong.

Even a side step and a Trip to KANCHANABURI, -Bridge over River Kwai, HELL FIRE PASS, 2.nd World War memorials, cemeteries and Australien sponsored museum, would be possible.

wai.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

I bought a plane ticket from Krabi (KBV) from DMK Bangkok with ASia Air, total is $130 return for March 29....

i figure once i arrive in Krabi, i go to the pier, take a ferry to Don Phi Phi....hotel there then sailboat to koh phi phi