True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

My condo in Phra Khanong, Bangkok have confirmed today that they are unable to get CTH for the condo. I am also forbidden, under the condo's rules, from fixing my own satellite dish to my condo wall or balcony.

So, no Premier League for me on TV next season.

Not happy.

If your Internet is OK, XMBC and Navi-X might do the trick.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My condo in Phra Khanong, Bangkok have confirmed today that they are unable to get CTH for the condo. I am also forbidden, under the condo's rules, from fixing my own satellite dish to my condo wall or balcony.

Not happy.

If your Internet is OK, XMBC and Navi-X might do the trick.

Stuff that. Either the Condo would be up for sale or if rented, I'd be outta there ASAP. Knowing the Condo rules for this would be a major item to put on my tick box before renting or buying.

• Like 1

Not happy.

They cannot stop you putting a dish on the roof..... If you are the owner of the condo

Not happy.

They cannot stop you putting a dish on the roof..... If you are the owner of the condo

I'll investigate. It's a 16 floor condo, and I'm on the 8th floor, so the roof is a long way away!

• Like 1

Last season when I watch tv and select channel True Sport 1 I alway see the EPL Teams play with each other. But now maybe I can't see it On True sport 1 anymore sad.png

thai visa=teak door

true sport=CTH

My feelings exactly.

Can I suggest to the moderator that this thread is changed to CTH EPL coverage please.

Binnsy started the topic, so it's his call. If he so wishes I will do it.

Just climb off the fence and do it mate....Binnsy won't mind...its called progress. tongue.png

Can I suggest to the moderator that this thread is changed to CTH EPL coverage please.

Just climb off the fence and do it mate....Binnsy won't mind...its called progress. tongue.png

Have to admit I nearly started a new thread yesterday..... Name change would be good for all

Not happy.

I too live in and own a Condo. Top floor and not far from the existing True dishes. Do you have the legal wordings to substantiate this. It would help me a lot as I have booked for a satellite installation in the next 7-10 days.

Not happy.

I too live in and own a Condo. Top floor and not far from the existing True dishes. Do you have the legal wordings to substantiate this. It would help me a lot as I have booked for a satellite installation in the next 7-10 days.

Yes, that would be useful. My condo is run by Property Plus / Sansiri and they are adamant that I am not allowed to fix my own dish (although I haven't asked about the roof yet) and also that CTH cannot provide the service to the condo in any case!

Not happy.

Yes, that would be useful. My condo is run by Property Plus / Sansiri and they are adamant that I am not allowed to fix my own dish (although I haven't asked about the roof yet) and also that CTH cannot provide the service to the condo in any case!

Not happy.

The condo (if managed well) will have a written set of rules and regulations. Most will say you cannot add / change to the exterior decor of the building = no dish on the balcony.

However the roof is used in every condo I have viewed and owned in CM. and if there are already dishes in place I cannot see a problem, unless your committee is a problem? The coax would be pulled through existing conduit along corridors and other public space. One thing to consider (if you are in N Thai) is the elevation of the CTH satellite is lower than True, and is approx 110 degrees to the left pointing towards Vietnam.

Not happy.

The condo (if managed well) will have a written set of rules and regulations. Most will say you cannot add / change to the exterior decor of the building = no dish on the balcony.

However the roof is used in every condo I have viewed and owned in CM. and if there are already dishes in place I cannot see a problem, unless your committee is a problem? The coax would be pulled through existing conduit along corridors and other public space. One thing to consider (if you are in N Thai) is the elevation of the CTH satellite is lower than True, and is approx 110 degrees to the left pointing towards Vietnam.

I suppose the problem in a condo is that if some people still want the existing set up I.E True, therefore perhaps you cannot run both sets of cable at the same time !

I managed to put together a list of CTH channels that I am getting in English. Hope this helps. Truevisions eat your heart out!

36. Fox Action Movies

39. FX HD

40. Star World HD

41. Fox Crime

53. Thrill (movies)

63. Universal

64. SyFy

65. Sony Entertainment

82. Food Network Asia

83. Fashion one HD

99. Asian Food Channel

100. Travel Channel

131. BPL 1 (British premier league)

132. BPL 2

133. BPL3

134. BPL4

135. BPL5

136. BPL 6

137. FOX Sport plus HD

138. Fight Sports HD

151. Fox Sports

152. Star Sports

155. Fox Sport News

166. Cartoonito HD

167. Baby TV HD

168. Jim Jam

174. Kids Co

189. Nat Geo Adventure

190. Nat Geo Wild

191. Nat Geo Music

202. CI

203. Bio

261. Sky News HD

266. Fox News

273. Australia Network

274. France 24

275. Channel News Asia

Note BPL not yet broadcasting....engineering links to UK underway I am told

Edited by iancnx

Apparently the internet connection on Binnsys tractor ain't up too much so i can't see you getting a call from him wink.png

Sorry ladies and gents. I have been told that we can't change the title of a Topic that has had so many views and with so many pages.

I think all on here who have been following this topic know that it is now more about CTH coverage, so we can either leave as is, or start a new one. However, there is a lot of very useful information in here that could get lost if a new topic is started.

• Like 1

Happy to hear the good reports of CTH and looking forward to getting mine in and a better picture. Pic I have with true is rubbish.

Btw, probably a daft question but when I cancel true and they come to collect the boxes will they take the dish with them too?

Not a daft question.

When they came to me, they saw I had a REALLY old True dish lying on the ground and they simply said, we will just take this rather than get up and take the newer one. So my guess is the dish isn't important, so ask them and maybe a little drink wouldn't go amiss.

BTW the CTH dish faces almost the opposite way.

What the???

Would you like it if you started a Topic and someone just changed it without your consent?

Anyone having issues with the signal dropping in and out tonight? I did hear there were issues with the satellite at their end a week or so ago. Just wanna check it's not just me!

Yes intermittent E48 error messages. Probably atmospherics. I am in the north. I understand weather bad across Laos and Vietnam, and satellite is low elevation. Not so good!

Anyone having issues with the signal dropping in and out tonight? I did hear there were issues with the satellite at their end a week or so ago. Just wanna check it's not just me!

Yes intermittent E48 error messages. Probably atmospherics. I am in the north. I understand weather bad across Laos and Vietnam, and satellite is low elevation. Not so good!

Try on/standby button. Seems to give it a soft reboot, and helps.

Yep it pissed down during the Vietnam-Arsenal game.

My neighbour has a dish that is aimed at the so called Vietnamese satellite,its a relic from the old "pirate" providers days.He always had problems with low cloud coverage.The good news is we don't usually get cloud between November and April !

Hopefully they've looked into this. Maybe boosting the signal on the LNB, or on the satellite itself. I have noticed a tiny bit of interference occasionally. Maybe they are tweaking the signal, or this is just from weather. Anyone else noticed this?

+1