True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

All I can say is come back TRUE all is forgiven. Are people still slagging them off out of interest?

I know the CTH apologists will say 'it's early' and sure you have to give then some leaway for that, but this is a bloody shambles. Thier FB page said last nights game was being re-run at 10am today on ST1, was it on? Nope. And what's with the Thai and English audio together on the re-runs? You can't watch football like that, it's simply too annoying.

Sorry, but it's a shambles and I'm not holding my breath that it will get any better anytime soon.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bar report #2-I watched the City game at Mulligans on soi 11. They are open 24 hours. Another situation where bar management has opted out of CTH's expensive package. The feed was Sky something or other and a kid I was watching it with who lives part time in northern Thailand said it was a feed from Myanmar. Go figure.

What is clear is that a number of bars are not going to pay up to CTH and have easily found alternatives.

Same experience and this morning no picture at all.Rang the installer, said we have to contact service centre.Their hours are 10.30am - 18.30pm the word service is an oxy moron and tough if you have problems out of hours. Rang at 11am no answer.Took 6 calls to finally get through and get it sorted.

Was going in to cancel TRUE this morning but maybe hang off for a while..

Same experience and this morning no picture at all.Rang the installer, said we have to contact service centre.Their hours are 10.30am - 18.30pm the word service is an oxy moron and tough if you have problems out of hours. Rang at 11am no answer.Took 6 calls to finally get through and get it sorted.

I've been biding my time. I have a free cable package through my condo though for the most part it stinks. Very limited. I'm now leaning towards getting the expensive True package and heading to a nearby bar for the EPL. If CTH had more to offer other than EPL (and obviously there are issues with that), I might be tempted, but even at a cheap price it might be too much to pay. I think I'll be happy with CL, La Liga, Serie A, tennis and the rest that True has to offer.

The cost would be far too high for a small anonymous start-up company.

So you don't actually know it's illegal, you just guess it is and on that basis want to prohibit people from discussing it here.

Personally I think it's more likely that what they are doing isn't out and out illegal but rather exploitative of some legal loop hole that may or may not be sealed up in the course of time.

Either way, until we know for sure, I think in the interests of all those who for whatever reason can't get connected to CTH, we should be able to continue discussing other options out there.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've been biding my time. I have a free cable package through my condo though for the most part it stinks. Very limited. I'm now leaning towards getting the expensive True package and heading to a nearby bar for the EPL. If CTH had more to offer other than EPL (and obviously there are issues with that), I might be tempted, but even at a cheap price it might be too much to pay. I think I'll be happy with CL, La Liga, Serie A, tennis and the rest that True has to offer.

I, too, have adopted a “wait and see” approach to any switch to CTH. To be honest I’m not losing any sleep at the moment over missing out on live EPL coverage. However I might be forced to start counting sheep as time marches on and we approach the business end of the new season.

In view of the technical issues which several recent posters have highlighted, it looks like this approach may have been vindicated. Hopefully we are only talking about teething troubles, but let us not forget that TIT.

Equally unsatisfactory IMHO is the apparent lack of any live streaming of the PLTV channel from the UK at the present time at least. For me the punditry provided by John Dykes, Andy Townsend & co (which True streamed on their HD2 channel last season until they decided that live coverage of meaningless basketball, boxing, golf, snooker and tennis matches should take priority) was often more entertaining than the games being shown!

Would I be correct in believing that the current Thai punditry on CTH is provided by the Three Wise Men who have migrated over from the True non-HD channel complete with their laptops?

And have CTH introduced anything akin to the irritating Big Important Announcements which True insisted on showing on their non-HD channel immediately before the PLTV EPL News and Football Today programmes, and which frequently intruded on the start of those programmes?

As things stand I really see no case for my switching to CTH. However I shall continue to follow this thread in case any positive developments are reported which might justify a reconsideration.

Finally, to rub salt into the wound of there no longer being any EPL coverage on True, it seems that the American owners of Fox have scrapped the Monday Night Verdict, Chang World Of Football and Global Football programmes on their sports channels here this season.

Edited by OJAS

I made the change over to CTH and it is a bit dissapointing that the re-runs are not on,Have watched Man u getting dicked 6-1 by City and Chelsea thrash Villa 7-2 but they are old hat wanted to wake up and have a choice of yestedays games but maybe they will at some stage.:-(

If your just looking for sports 365sports looks like the way forward. La liga, EPL, French and Dutch leagues. Programs come from Fox and Astro. I havent had any serious problems with it. The feed has only gone off once and that was on the first day.

Its free to the 24th and if it stays reliable i will be paying the 600 bt a month.

Mods ....any merit in making CTH programming a pinned topic so we dont have to search all over the forum. I'm sure until CTH gets settled down it would be a practical and worthwhile solution which everyone could have some imput into.

Sticky here Sparkles.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/662073-cth-useful-info-and-links/

If we could use this thread for conversations etc and the other purely for links and info, I think that would be beneficial. wai.gif

• Like 1

The cost would be far too high for a small anonymous start-up company.

So you don't actually know it's illegal, you just guess it is and on that basis want to prohibit people from discussing it here.

Personally I think it's more likely that what they are doing isn't out and out illegal but rather exploitative of some legal loop hole that may or may not be sealed up in the course of time.

Either way, until we know for sure, I think in the interests of all those who for whatever reason can't get connected to CTH, we should be able to continue discussing other options out there.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where did I say I wanted to prohibit anyone doing anything? But if you pay 600 baht and the thing gets closed down after a week then you've wasted your money. The more people talk about it the more likely that is to happen. But maybe it would be better to have a separate thread on their service to avoid confusion. This thread was originally about broadcasting rights, not some dodgy internet service.

CTH are the only winners here. TRUE have lost a heap of customers....there are people who cannot get CTH for whatever reason, so cannot watch the football...the bar owners have been royally screwed...and the folk that have got CTH have in the main cancelled TRUE and are now missing out on a lot of other stuff whilst having to suffer CTH's shocking service.

The day TRUE lost the PL was a sad day for Thailand.

A mark of 6/10 is still a pass. That's what I give CTH at this stage. Worth 800 a month. What do you reckon boys?

It's not all about saving a little money for everyone you know....I would much rather pay the extra and have True back, all day long....there's an old saying 'you get what you pay for' and that is most definitely apt here...

Where did I say I wanted to prohibit anyone doing anything?

Here:

For those talking about 365 or whatever, that appears to be an illegal service so should you really be talking about it here?

But if you pay 600 baht and the thing gets closed down after a week then you've wasted your money. The more people talk about it the more likely that is to happen. But maybe it would be better to have a separate thread on their service to avoid confusion. This thread was originally about broadcasting rights, not some dodgy internet service.

As far as wasting money is concerned, i wasted money on True. Only last year spent thousands of baht buying external drives for using their PVR service, for it to be announced a few months later that they had failed in their Premiership bid and that they were ok with that and would instead focus on offering other services. And before that, about three years ago, i invested 15,000 baht on their first PVR system that was completely useless and that they scrapped when they introduced the new HD boxes, with no refund of compensation offered. So there is an element of risk with any service provider you spend money on. Whether the risk is greater with this internet service, and whether they are "dodgy", as you are so certain they are, well, we'll have to wait and see. Some people will take the risk of using them because they have no other options.

I agree about having a separate thread though.

In the long run i think it will prove to have been a happy day. True have had things their own way for far far too long. Some competition is shaking things up and will i believe ultimately be a good thing for the consumer. Just give it a bit of time.

In the long run i think it will prove to have been a happy day. True have had things their own way for far far too long. Some competition is shaking things up and will i believe ultimately be a good thing for the consumer. Just give it a bit of time.

They have a long long way to go to prove you right.

They are what, a week into their Premier League broadcasting service..

I for one am very happy with it.

I can watch my team's every game live for half the price of True Illusions.

Yes, the re runs are a bit of a mess at the moment but Match of the Day is easy enough to download for the rest of the action.

• Like 2

I for one am very happy with it.

I can watch my team's every game live for half the price of True Illusions.

Yes, the re runs are a bit of a mess at the moment but Match of the Day is easy enough to download for the rest of the action.

Yep, that's the way I'm looking at it now. Never thought I'd be returning to good old MOD, which was all we once had and looked forward to it immensely on a Sat night.

A mark of 6/10 is still a pass. That's what I give CTH at this stage. Worth 800 a month. What do you reckon boys?

I think it works out 800 Baht only if you pay in advance.

If you pay monthly it's 899 + VAT = 961 Baht.....still very good value to get all EPL games in HD.

I'm hoping they will offer repeats the next day etc, it's only the first week.

Saving a little bit of money is clearly more important to some than quality programming.

Where was the repeat of last nights game this morning? They can't even get something as simple as that right for their new customers. I want to watch the Chelse game tomorrow but won't be able to unless I stay up to an unearthly hour..

I'm not critisising them just for the hell of it...but there is no programme schedule available, no english punditry, no english only audio on the re-runs, if you are lucky to catch one...no preview or review shows, etc....I would happily pay the extra for True who had all of the above plus a whole range of other sports...the only one positive (for me anyhow) is that CTH have SKY news...

Defend CTH all you like, but it is poor IMO.

Erh, yes

Erh, yes I know that, thanks for telling me.

As I said before, if you are to be proved correct CTH have a long way to go and if they get there I'll be happy to hold my hands up...but right now they are coming across like a bunch of amateurs...will that change? Only time will tell.

Its ok Pattaya still thinks Rome was built in a day biggrin.png

Erh, yes

Erh, yes I know that, thanks for telling me.

As I said before, if you are to be proved correct CTH have a long way to go and if they get there I'll be happy to hold my hands up...but right now they are coming across like a bunch of amateurs...will that change? Only time will tell.

Pattaya can you remember what True / UBC was like within a week of starting ?

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Saving a little bit of money is clearly more important to some than quality programming.

Where was the repeat of last nights game this morning? They can't even get something as simple as that right for their new customers. I want to watch the Chelse game tomorrow but won't be able to unless I stay up to an unearthly hour..

I'm not critisising them just for the hell of it...but there is no programme schedule available, no english punditry, no english only audio on the re-runs, if you are lucky to catch one...no preview or review shows, etc....I would happily pay the extra for True who had all of the above plus a whole range of other sports...the only one positive (for me anyhow) is that CTH have SKY news...

I think it would be quite simple to repeat the games the next day and like you I wonder why they are not doing it?

I think it would be quite simple to repeat the games the next day and like you I wonder why they are not doing it?

Yep, they can't even get the basic right, that's all I'm saying. How hard must it be?

I think this question cuts to the chase. Does CTH plan to show repeat games in English on a coherent basis like True ? Given the many early morning games, the next day repeats in English would be a must for me. And the logical next question would be are they going to provide anything else other than the games live and in English ? The pundits, etc. Time will tell if they are planning on a more professional approach and haven't arrived there yet, or if they have no plan to provide anything but the bare essentials.

I'm hoping BangkokBlue can fill us in. But I suspect no news from him might be bad news.

I think this question cuts to the chase. Does CTH plan to show repeat games in English on a coherent basis like True ? Given the many early morning games, the next day repeats in English would be a must for me. And the logical next question would be are they going to provide anything else other than the games live and in English ? The pundits, etc. Time will tell if they are planning on a more professional approach and haven't arrived there yet, or if they have no plan to provide anything but the bare essentials.

I'm hoping BangkokBlue can fill us in. But I suspect no news from him might be bad news.

You mean to say that you don't like Red Bull motor cross?

Punditry from PLTV (Dykes and Co) is meant to be arriving end of next month on another channel (Stadium 7)

When the clocks change, sometimes the late evening games are too late for me! biggrin.png

CTH have bought the rights to show all EPL games and that's exactly what they are doing, in all fairness......not that I'm impressed, just saying.

If we get repeats like True it will be a nice bonus, but will John Dykes et al, be an 'add on' I wonder?

Edited by uptheos