True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

I watch 365sport which I can only praise highly, especially being able to watch repeats whenever I want. I decided that CTH wouldn't work at my condo as there is a large block in the signal path.

However, a week ago the Bangkok Post reported that CTH were selling a set-top box for C-band satellite dish subscribers. Cost B2140 plus the monthly fee of B555. These boxes were supposedly being sold at Big C, Tesco & Makro.

Here's a question: I have little knowledge of satellite transmission but Isn't C-band (from Thaicom 5/6) where the True signal comes from?

I've cancelled my True package any they've taken their box away but the cable-to-dish connection is still there.Can anyone knowledgeable say whether I could connect this CTH box up to the True dish?

Update:

I have found the answer in another thread so just ignore the questions.

Edited by khunken

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming I've read this correctly it appears PLTV launch moved back again to 15th October https://www.facebook.com/cthweshare/posts/368468679949921

Oh what a suprise NOT

we'll get there eventually Pat. I've noticed the signal this week for live games and sky news had stopped flickering. Maybe they want to get that link up stable before moving onto other projects. Defo gonna happen, as presenters at CTH have informed my friend at The Nation that its on its way. I think the bidding for UCL starts end of this year, despite the current deal still having another season to run after this one. Prob find out early next year who has HD rights for World Cup too. Thank god for 365sport. Just watched re-run of the arsenal game before work and they should have brazil 2014 in english and HD.

Given all the silly threads on thaivisa , the exploits of Pattaya pat are a welcome relief and entertaining..

I'm here all week. Have to say though, I'm not happy having a blue dish glued to the roof...

You should be so lucky Pat

Posted ImageIMG_2050.JPG

One for True, one for GMM and one nice blue un for CTH!

Blimey. I bet you are single.

Feels like it sometimes - one's for my wife (True Gold) ones for my two daughters (GMM) and one for me (CTH + True Gold). We get to speak in the off-season and on Thursdays!Posted Image

What about the dog, must feel left out..

Assuming I've read this correctly it appears PLTV launch moved back again to 15th October https://www.facebook.com/cthweshare/posts/368468679949921

Oh what a suprise NOT

we'll get there eventually Pat. I've noticed the signal this week for live games and sky news had stopped flickering. Maybe they want to get that link up stable before moving onto other projects. Defo gonna happen, as presenters at CTH have informed my friend at The Nation that its on its way. I think the bidding for UCL starts end of this year, despite the current deal still having another season to run after this one. Prob find out early next year who has HD rights for World Cup too. Thank god for 365sport. Just watched re-run of the arsenal game before work and they should have brazil 2014 in english and HD.

Blue - I've noticed that 'football today' isn't shown much on 365 Sport.....it was on every night when we had PLTV with TRUE?

Yea. Astro switch it around as they have their own analysis shows too. I've watched fanzone before, which has made reference to that day's programme which wasn't on. We'll get it by 15th October I reckon. Bonus of 364 is the in demand function. Great for La Liga, Bundesliga and especially UCL.

I am somewhat surprised that more English expats have not tried UKTV,asia. I like many others was p*ssed off with True losing the EPL and have since downgraded my package saving me over 1,150B per month. Now having uktv.asia I can watch the England games, some European games where English teams are involved and also Match Of The Day 1 & 2 plus football focus. Ok not the same as watching games in HD on a large TV screen. The other thing I like about this is that there are many other things on there worth watching including documemtaries and quiz programes, crime series plus a good TV guide. The best thing though is that I can either watch live or can record and watch later or without rcording can watch programes from the previous five days. This allows me to watch programs when I want, all for only 490B per month A total of 12 channels are available including BBC news,Sky News, BBC 1,2 & 3, ITV London plus ITV2 & 3 and Channel 4 & 5.There is no contract you just send your money each month. Now I have not watched programs on True for over 2 months it is now only there in case the wife wants to watch a program while the daughter uses the other local free satelite system or if as some suggested, UKTV,asia stops broadcasting due to lack of support then if this does happen I still have True if I want to upgrade later. Thankfully my internet speed is reasonable 8-10mbps and with a large computer screen I am more than happy to not give True a load of money for a very mediocre service.

I am somewhat surprised that more English expats have not tried UKTV,asia. I like many others was p*ssed off with True losing the EPL and have since downgraded my package saving me over 1,150B per month. Now having uktv.asia I can watch the England games, some European games where English teams are involved and also Match Of The Day 1 & 2 plus football focus. Ok not the same as watching games in HD on a large TV screen. The other thing I like about this is that there are many other things on there worth watching including documemtaries and quiz programes, crime series plus a good TV guide. The best thing though is that I can either watch live or can record and watch later or without rcording can watch programes from the previous five days. This allows me to watch programs when I want, all for only 490B per month A total of 12 channels are available including BBC news,Sky News, BBC 1,2 & 3, ITV London plus ITV2 & 3 and Channel 4 & 5.There is no contract you just send your money each month. Now I have not watched programs on True for over 2 months it is now only there in case the wife wants to watch a program while the daughter uses the other local free satelite system or if as some suggested, UKTV,asia stops broadcasting due to lack of support then if this does happen I still have True if I want to upgrade later. Thankfully my internet speed is reasonable 8-10mbps and with a large computer screen I am more than happy to not give True a load of money for a very mediocre service.

Pormax, at the moment all 15 channels on UKTV are free though probaly not for long ! why not connect to your large tv screen ?

Pormax, at the moment all 15 channels on UKTV are free though probaly not for long ! why not connect to your large tv screen ?

Would tend to agree, it just seems too good to be true. I think they are trying to get as many subs as poss then say they will start charging, and to be honest that is fair enough with me. It's a great product and no buffering, unlike with 365.

Would tend to agree, it just seems too good to be true. I think they are trying to get as many subs as poss then say they will start charging, and to be honest that is fair enough with me. It's a great product and no buffering, unlike with 365.

I note that today that uk-tv.asia has reduced the amount of channels to watch on the demo mode. Not surprising really as why should anyone pay while it is free. Now BBC1 has gone (so no Match Of The Day) and a couple of others that show programs I like to watch so now I have taken the plunge and subscribed. I had a good run of over 3 months free so not complaining and it is great value for the monthly fee. I am surprised that they do not have a system like many sites where you can download games and only have a 30 day trial period then must subscribe or are blocked from using it. Then I am sure they would get more subscribers.

Thought about connecting computer to large TV but to be honest I don't have a clue how to do this. Not technically minded at all.

I note that today that uk-tv.asia has reduced the amount of channels to watch on the demo mode. Not surprising really as why should anyone pay while it is free. Now BBC1 has gone (so no Match Of The Day) and a couple of others that show programs I like to watch so now I have taken the plunge and subscribed. I had a good run of over 3 months free so not complaining and it is great value for the monthly fee. I am surprised that they do not have a system like many sites where you can download games and only have a 30 day trial period then must subscribe or are blocked from using it. Then I am sure they would get more subscribers.

Thought about connecting computer to large TV but to be honest I don't have a clue how to do this. Not technically minded at all.

Only 9 channels today, clever move removing access to MOD and Sky News.

I still have more than enough to keep up with, but I guess subscribing is not far away.......who knows they might even take cbeebies off, which will be the clincher. biggrin.png They might bring them back as they seem to come and go.

I still have more than enough to keep up with, but I guess subscribing is not far away.......who knows they might even take cbeebies off, which will be the clincher. biggrin.png They might bring them back as they seem to come and go.

I'll be subscribing today plus they now have ITV 4 which was the clincher !

What do you like on ITV4, Conn?

We knew this was coming...looks like I'll be subscribing to this too. I'm getting dizzy now.

What do you like on ITV4, Conn?

We knew this was coming...looks like I'll be subscribing to this too. I'm getting dizzy now.

Mr Conn to you PP, it shows the Europa league, something your never need worry about biggrin.png

Seriously, this is the easiest thing in the world to do, even I managed to figure it it out. Just get a HDMI cable, if you haven't got a spare they cost around 400-500bt to buy. Plug one end into your PC's HDMI port and the other in the back of your tv and wallop away you go. Check how many HDMI ports you have at the back of your tv, assuming you have at least one then plug the HDMI cable in, the HDMI port will have a number usually written underneath the port, ie HDMI1 or HDMI2, whichever one you plug the cable into just bring that same HDMI one up with a click using your remote when you come out of tv mode in the same way as if you are going to watch a dvd.

HTH

Seriously, this is the easiest thing in the world to do, even I managed to figure it it out. Just get a HDMI cable, if you haven't got a spare they cost around 400-500bt to buy. Plug one end into your PC's HDMI port and the other in the back of your tv and wallop away you go. Check how many HDMI ports you have at the back of your tv, assuming you have at least one then plug the HDMI cable in, the HDMI port will have a number usually written underneath the port, ie HDMI1 or HDMI2, whichever one you plug the cable into just bring that same HDMI one up with a click using your remote when you come out of tv mode in the same way as if you are going to watch a dvd.

HTH

If your tv is too far from your computer to run a cable then it becomes a little bit more difficult but still possible.

1. Make sure you have a wireless router.

2. Buy yourself an Android box and a remote http://www.minipcthailand.com/ about 3-4 grand.

3. Connect the Android box to your TV and connect the box via wi fi to your router, bobs your uncle.

I'm sure the guys at uk tv would be able to help if you have any problems as they seem very helpful.

HTH

If your tv is too far from your computer to run a cable then it becomes a little bit more difficult but still possible.

1. Make sure you have a wireless router.

2. Buy yourself an Android box and a remote http://www.minipcthailand.com/ about 3-4 grand.

3. Connect the Android box to your TV and connect the box via wi fi to your router, bobs your uncle.

I'm sure the guys at uk tv would be able to help if you have any problems as they seem very helpful.

Latest email from CTH..... RE: PLTV

Since you are asking for the final confirmed date, we need time to check otherwise you will be disappointed again if thing goes wrong.

What we can communicate right now is that PLTV will be available on Stadium 7 on October 15**. Remark: Subject to change** if there's any broadcasting problem. Thank you and please accept our apology for this inconvenience.

I'm only guessing but I think their could be an issue with the link up signal. This would explain the flickering problem during live games. Will post here if I hear anymore.

Since you are asking for the final confirmed date, we need time to check otherwise you will be disappointed again if thing goes wrong.

What we can communicate right now is that PLTV will be available on Stadium 7 on October 15**. Remark: Subject to change** if there's any broadcasting problem. Thank you and please accept our apology for this inconvenience.

I'm only guessing but I think their could be an issue with the link up signal. This would explain the flickering problem during live games. Will post here if I hear anymore.

Cheers Blue. reading between the lines I don't fancy it will be ready by then, but at least they are on to it.

Look forward to getting this back, the presenter and pundits on Astro are rubbish.

Peter Butler after Man Utd v Palace 'a 2-0 win at home isn't good enough'

Hi BB, there is a lot of talk about PLTV can you please tell me what exactly this and what are the benefits to we the viewers? My assumption is that PLTV stands for the premier league channel, so does that mean that we will get that channel on CTH?

Edited by bangkokrick

Hi BB, there is a lot of talk about PLTV can you please tell me what exactly this and what are the benefits to we the viewers? My assumption is that PLTV stands for the premier league channel, so does that mean that we will get that channel on CTH?
Yes, the same one that TRUE provided with John Dykes and pundits such as curbishley, Peter Reid etc.... Supposed to start October 15th. Broadcast quality permitting.
  • Like 1