True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Did, but blocked by CTH.

Woz pay the whole amount or nothing.

Same asst. who has dun my overpriced True bill for 4 years.

Did mine at the first 7/11 on Thanon Padaed coming from Changklan.

I've had similar to yours above with True, but they can do it if they know how.

The guy in the 7/11 I used is the owner, don't know if he is more savvy than the assistants, all I know is he did it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did, but blocked by CTH.

The guy in the 7/11 I used is the owner, don't know if he is more savvy than the assistants, all I know is he did it.

'overpriced true bill'

So you're still not letting it go then? Give me the 'overpriced' True any day of the week over these utter clowns that call themselves CTH. One guy on here wants to cancel and can't even do that.

'overpriced true bill'

So you're still not letting it go then?

You're a fine one to talk.

Give me the 'overpriced' True any day of the week over these utter clowns that call themselves CTH.

No need to wait for someone to give you overpriced True, go ahead and resubscribe. I'm sure they will welcome you back with open arms.

Did, but blocked by CTH.

'overpriced true bill'

So you're still not letting it go then? Give me the 'overpriced' True any day of the week over these utter clowns that call themselves CTH. One guy on here wants to cancel and can't even do that.

No! The bill is overpriced. It comes in every month 1,500 baht above my package cost.

Never said anything about the cost of the service.

As the Goodies said, "Get it Right!"

'overpriced true bill'

So you're still not letting it go then?

You're a fine one to talk.

Give me the 'overpriced' True any day of the week over these utter clowns that call themselves CTH.

No need to wait for someone to give you overpriced True, go ahead and resubscribe. I'm sure they will welcome you back with open arms.

When I move next year that is EXACTLY what I will be doing...glad you're happy with these clowns. They are even less organised than the 2 bob cable companies that cost 300 baht a month.

When I move next year that is EXACTLY what I will be doing...glad you're happy with these clowns. They are even less organised than the 2 bob cable companies that cost 300 baht a month.

It's not that "I'm happy with these clowns", it's more that when i compare these clowns with the previous clowns, with whom i endured 15 odd years, i don't think they compare that badly, especially not considering both the short time they have been at it, and how much less they charge. Not also forgetting the fact that the previous clowns were the ones who screwed up in their bid to retain their flagship sporting coverage of the Premier League. The clowns who made no effort whatsoever to negotiate some sort of a deal with CTH to show at least some games, and appease all the subscribers who were with them just for the football. The clowns who simply declared that they would focus on delivering other services. The clowns who offered a pathetic 100 baht reduction, from a bill of for many people, 2000 baht, to try and compensate. The clowns who think that HD coverage isn't something that customers should expect as standard, but something they must pay extra for.

I don't think it's the case that i have much higher feelings for these clowns than you, rather it's that you have higher feelings for the previous clowns. As i say, if the previous clowns are that much better, off you go then and take your business to them.

Edited by rixalex

It's not that "I'm happy with these clowns", it's more that when i compare these clowns with the previous clowns, with whom i endured 15 odd years, i don't think they compare that badly, especially not considering both the short time they have been at it, and how much less they charge. Not also forgetting the fact that the previous clowns were the ones who screwed up in their bid to retain their flagship sporting coverage of the Premier League. The clowns who made no effort whatsoever to negotiate some sort of a deal with CTH to show at least some games, and appease all the subscribers who were with them just for the football. The clowns who simply declared that they would focus on delivering other services. The clowns who offered a pathetic 100 baht reduction, from a bill of for many people, 2000 baht, to try and compensate. The clowns who think that HD coverage isn't something that customers should expect as standard, but something they must pay extra for.

I don't think it's the case that i have much higher feelings for these clowns than you, rather it's that you have higher feelings for the previous clowns. As i say, if the previous clowns are that much better, off you go then and take your business to them.

Game for today, "how many times was clowns was said in the above post" biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

That had the potential to be a good, constructive rant, but you have gone well ott and in the process have made yourself look rather silly. I hope you had a good lie down after that. That said, you make some good points.

But two wrongs don't make a right old boy. And yes despite True not being perfect (nobody says that they are) I still much preferred how it was last season.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

I have the True Gold package. Not bad for sports excluding the EPL. Not many movies worth watching and IMO overpriced for what you are offered. CTH has the EPL and the remainder appears to be even more of a vast wasteland than what True offers. Six of one, a half dozen of the other.

Both seem to be shoddily run and CTH is downright embarrassing. But TIT, and as the Brits point out, they would be a helluva lot worse off if they were in the home country. I can see where the CTH/True debate is a tempest in a teapot for most of them. They get every EPL game for what is almost pennies and make do with the rest.

• Like 1

But two wrongs don't make a right old boy. And yes despite True not being perfect (nobody says that they are) I still much preferred how it was last season.

Neither does anyone say that CTH are perfect. Most people agree that they are a shambles, but so were the last outfit. OK, perhaps True was marginally smoother, but they had had a decade of screwing it up to get where they were. It was time for a change, and if things need to go slightly backwards before they go forwards, so be it. Many of us had our monthly bill slashed in the process, and that has bought CTH some time in our eyes. For the time being anyway...

Neither does anyone say that CTH are perfect. Most people agree that they are a shambles, but so were the last outfit. OK, perhaps True was marginally smoother, but they had had a decade of screwing it up to get where they were. It was time for a change, and if things need to go slightly backwards before they go forwards, so be it. Many of us had our monthly bill slashed in the process, and that has bought CTH some time in our eyes. For the time being anyway...

More importantly, what happened with the Premier Box you ordered with 365? You said that you would let us know how it all went..

Spot on mate, i only have pay tv for the football and a bit of news, i have had my bill slashed and can still watch the BPL, all good in my eyes, if they get the BPL TV that has been touted as coming from 15th oct i will be very happy.

I agree with everything you say. If only true vision could have kept the EPL we would not have to pay for CTH

They do not offer anything extra besides the football so I/we have to keep paying for true visions and we should not be paying anything more for HD channels from true v.

European Champions League, Rugby and Bloomberg are my only reasons for keeping True, with the first requiring retention of Gold rather than a much cheaper package. Must go and sort out getting my wonderful 150 baht price reduction, They haven't offered it of course.

European Champions League, Rugby and Bloomberg are my only reasons for keeping True, with the first requiring retention of Gold rather than a much cheaper package. Must go and sort out getting my wonderful 150 baht price reduction, They haven't offered it of course.

I managed to get a 500 baht a month reduction for 3 months (True Platinum). I do miss the Premier League, but True is good for the NFL amd MLB, tennis and golf, plus I enjoy the many History, Discovery & Animal channels and BBC Knowledge/Lifestyle/Entertainment.

Of course if I could get CTH I would, but it's not available in my condo.

You prefer Bloomberg over CNBC?

Good spot - no I don't, but I would have been prepared to sacrifice CNBC to get the much cheaper package. Tend to have CNBC on in the background in the afternoon when at home doing stuff on PC or around house and then watch that horrid bloke with the dicky bow on Bloomberg in the early evening as he is an economist and often has interesting things to say about world market trends (though he has been forced down a more US centric route in the last 6 months unfortunately).

Good spot - no I don't, but I would have been prepared to sacrifice CNBC to get the much cheaper package. Tend to have CNBC on in the background in the afternoon when at home doing stuff on PC or around house and then watch that horrid bloke with the dicky bow on Bloomberg in the early evening as he is an economist and often has interesting things to say about world market trends (though he has been forced down a more US centric route in the last 6 months unfortunately).

I don't need a dicky bow to tell you how to be successful in the markets...

BUY LOW

SELL HIGH

I'm in Chiang Mai using a dish and the only channels I can get clearly now are the Stadium channels. Most other channels are No Signal and the others are breaking up. They have already replaced one faulty box.

But PLTV is coming today.........Pardon. What's that you say?

BUY LOW

SELL HIGH

Trying to teach an investor of 45 years standing to suck eggs, eh?smile.png

BUY LOW

SELL HIGH

Trying to teach an investor of 45 years standing to suck eggs, eh?smile.png

I'm just starting out on my own. Apart from pensions, I've always stuffed my money into property but now I'm dabbling with the SE. Just made over 30% on Royal Mail, the only problem is, I asked for 10k but they only let me have 750 quid facepalm.gif Oh well, a win's a win.

Cue Pattaya Pat!!

I'm hiding behind the couch already so as to escape any stray blasthit-the-fan.gif

LOL. I can't believe anyone really believed that by majic this was going to appear today did they? The daft thing is they said it would be on ch 137, but that is the channel for Fox Sports HD, so what would happen to Fox? Surely a new channel would be allocated to a channel number that isn't already in use?

Don't expect this until next season.