Back To The Uk?

Dear All,

Have read the basics but still confused; if anyone can help please?

Worked in Thailand for 10 years, met wife 15 years ago, married in Thailand 10 years ago.

Moved to Tokyo where son was born who has both a Thai and UK passport.

Wife's Thai passport has my surname.

Wife has 10 year visit visa, expires 2020

Now in China but wish to settle in the UK from July where I want to start a business.

Which Visa please? Can I apply in China or must it be done in Bangkok?

Many thanks one and all.

Jeff

There are several points here. Firstly, if your wife is "resident" in China, either on her own visa, or as your dependant, then she can apply for a UK settlement visa in China. If she is in China as a visitor, then she should apply for a UK settlement visa in Thailand.

Secondly, the requirements for your wife to qualify for a UK settlement visa are now quite strict, especially if you are returning to UK from working overseas, as you will normally be expected to have evidence of a job to return to in the UK ( as the sponsor ), and starting a new business in the UK might not fulfill the requirements.

Thirdly, if you don't meet the requirements as a sponsor ( that is, have the required income overseas, and a job to return to in the UK ) then you might be able to qualify on savings held, or pensions. There are various ways of qualifying.

These are the financial requirements. If we can help further, then let us know :

Appendix FM SE December 2012.docx

Hey guys, that's great feedback ~ thank!

Beano, 10 years visit visa for the UK

We are resident here (China) and my wife and son are my dependents; so I should be able apply here right?

I've been through what I can but again which visa (form) should I be going for?

We would only be able to show savings held but how much would be enough, oh gosh...

ThaiVisaExpress - how can you guys help in these cases?

Cheers,

jeff

Edited by BritRakThai

We are resident here (China) and my wife and son are my dependents; so I should be able apply here right?

We would only be able to show savings held but how much would be enough, oh gosh...

Cheers,

jeff

Contact Paul,through his website. If you click on the Thai Visa Express avatar on the left, you will get the website. Paul will give you a free consultation, but basically, if you have "no" income then you will need to show savings of at least 62,500 GBP, or any other currency ( under your control for at least 6 months, and available immediately).

Yes, you can submit the application in China, but everything can be done in advance online.

What is a '10 year visit for the UK'?

I've never heard of such a visa.

It's a standard multi entry visit visa that's valid for ten years, it's meant for regular visitors who can demonstrate they need to travel regularly, normally someone would have had a number of previous.vists.

A ten year visit visa is pretty expensive and the holder still wouldn't normally be able to spend six out of every twelve months in the UK, and would still have to satisfy an IO at the border that the visit is genuine.

The details can be found on the UKBA website.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Cheers,

jeff

Contact Paul,through his website. If you click on the Thai Visa Express avatar on the left, you will get the website. Paul will give you a free consultation, but basically, if you have "no" income then you will need to show savings of at least 62,500 GBP, or any other currency ( under your control for at least 6 months, and available immediately).

Yes, you can submit the application in China, but everything can be done in advance online.

Are you suggesting that by having the £62,500 available and has been for 6 months than you can effectively bypass most of the Vistor Visa requrement....??

Are you suggesting that by having the £62,500 available and has been for 6 months than you can effectively bypass most of the Vistor Visa requrement....??

No, this has nothing to do with a Visit Visa, the answer provides an alternative route for meeting the financial requirement for a Settlement Visa.

No, this has nothing to do with a Visit Visa, the answer provides an alternative route for meeting the financial requirement for a Settlement Visa.

Even better .....!! Thanks indeed !!