Norbu Steak Restaurant Rawai

Gra777

We were at Norbu's a year and a half ago. Great atmosphere but the food was only okay. We met a couple last July who were taking over AJ's on Rawai beach neat he Orbitor called L'ugar De Place. Beautiful spot and the food is wonderful. Small western and Thai menu. Not being a meat fan I stick with seafood but my husband orders the steak and it melted in my mouth. Will order it next time. Smoking outside only and a good wine list as well as reasonably priced. Enjoy!

I live near bye L'ugar De Place, walk by it all the time but have not eaten there. Yes they have done over the whole restaurant looks nice and can tell they spent a lot of money on the makeover, the hostess out front always have a nice smile and a sawadee for me.

Whats L'ugar De Place stand for anyways Hmmmm?? But sad to say the raw sewerage smell from the drains nearby, will be the end of this place not the restaurants owners fault, it was same when it was AJ's very bad sewer smell..

As for Norbu's yes too close to the burning Temple as mentioned before my thai Mrs. will not go there with me...

I have eaten there with friends and we had a good time but nothing to rave about.

And the Celtic....yeah if you're stuck in the 70 thees you might like it, personally I do not like it at all !! Old school food and old school sauses.why too fat .

Yes, I think I am old school, and really like some unhealthy but delicious food :)

And the Celtic....yeah if you're stuck in the 70 thees you might like it, personally I do not like it at all !! Old school food and old school sauses.why too fat .

Yes, I think I am old school, and really like some unhealthy but delicious food smile.png

I don't mind unhealthy but delicious food its just that in my opinion the Celtic does not offer delicious food. In fact I think its really really bad.

Yes, I think I am old school, and really like some unhealthy but delicious food smile.png

I don't mind unhealthy but delicious food its just that in my opinion the Celtic does not offer delicious food. In fact I think its really really bad.

We disagree there.

Norbu is good but if your friends are Thai they might not like it too much since on the other side of the road they keep the dead people for burning.

The Wat's school is on the other side of the road from Norbu. The crematorium is on a different road...

Whats L'ugar De Place stand for anyways...

"Meeting Place" is a reasonable translation...

From which language? If it is supposed to be french, it doesn't mean anything...

Just looks like some poor Spanish to me.

In my hometown we have a place called "El Lugar" which all the Mexicans would say means "the place". To me this then looks like "Place of Place' which makes no sense at all, but the proprietor is a Filipino and quite possibly this is some slang from there.

The proprietor is a Thai national, his wife is Chinese. The name is in a European Spanish idiom/dialect (though I did not get the region he called home) suggested by their first chef, who was Spanish...

The guy I know who I was under the impression is the owner (maybe part?) Edguardo, is from the Philippines.

Norbu is good but if your friends are Thai they might not like it too much since on the other side of the road they keep the dead people for burning.

The Wat's school is on the other side of the road from Norbu. The crematorium is on a different road...

I did not say crematorium, I said its where they keep the bodies, next to the school right on the corner. Atleast thats what all the Thai tell me.

I did not say crematorium, I said its where they keep the bodies, next to the school right on the corner. Atleast thats what all the Thai tell me.

I live in the area, the bodies are kept next to the crematorium, not really near the school. There are three areas next to the crematorium that are used for viewing the bodies and to make merit before their cremation. No where near Norbu, IMO. Unless you consider a long very block of school buildings, then a left turn, then a right turn, another right turn and then on the other side of Soi Cokmakham close by...

post-44146-0-95849800-1361095329_thumb.j

Edited by Jimi007

Honestly though. Norbu shouldn't be classed a steak house.

Its average. Both the cuts and the sides. Ok but not great.

In my own experience the sauces have been pre-made from dried powder and the meat has always been cooked very weakly. Good for the average person but anyone who's experienced a lot with meat will hate going back to the same standard they had when they were kids eating 1$ steaks with ketchup(bit of exageration but you get the drill).