Brix Bar & Restaurant Turn Into Burger King

Jalapenos

This not about the food, it's about homogenisation of the environment. Life's a lot less rich if every place you go looks the same (and if the food tastes the same too then that's another black mark in my book).

Sure, the locals like this stuff. They've seen it in the movies and on TV until they're convinced it'll make them happy and attractive. Just like all the whitening creams in the pharmacy...

I have to agree, I am from the UK and if you were to be taken blinfolded now and left in a high street there you would find it very difficult to figure out where you were. I really hope this High Street cloning process does not get popular here

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Brix at Hotel M already has great, clean toilet facilities (some of the most interesting in CM-- and I know my toilets) plus it's clean and airconditioned. What it lacks are customers, especially during the "off season". In fact, this year they shut down fro 2 pm - 5 pm during the low season, which I don't remember them doing before. It was always a great place to "hang out", meet people to talk, make phone calls, etc, in cool comfort all for the price of a cheap bottle of water.

So, from a business sense, I guess it makes sense to turn the restaurant into a BK, but I'll miss have a quiet, clean, cool place with a good toilet to meet people to chat.

Hi Nancy,

I agree that Brix is a nice place to chill out and relax, I did not know it was closing in the afternoons last year, I suppose that tells a story. I like the place but have to admit it is never busy (which as a customer I like) I imagine if a multi national comes in with a good offer the owner would take it.

I will need to find another afternoon place to relax with a wine or two!

More broadly, what a shame for the old Montri hotel, for decades an Icon, super friendly and helpful staff, cheap and clean accommodation and good breakfast.

Now given a cheap tart up, limited service, way too expensive for what it is, and from next month no breakfast.

What a shame,

It is my understanding that Burger King has a breakfast.

Is 'Burger King has a breakfast' not an 'oximoron'

Go to UK and have a nice horse burger........bring back Wimpy. wink.png

My UK home town still has a Wimpy Bar. thumbsup.gif

Cream coloured tables, red plastic chairs?

Yeh, love it, always reminds me of my Mod Lambretta days of yester year. thumbsup.gif Edited by transam

Go to UK and have a nice horse burger........bring back Wimpy. wink.png

My UK home town still has a Wimpy Bar. thumbsup.gif

Cream coloured tables, red plastic chairs?

Yeh, love it, always reminds me of my Mod Lambretta days of yester year. thumbsup.gif

Yep Lambretta here too, didn't like those Vespa's with the big aerial on the back......anorak (parka)?

I already thought there were too many burger places in Chiang Mai, so one more probably won't hurt. There are so many mom and pop Thai cafes in Chiang Mai that I doubt if the addition of a Burger King will change things much. That is all that people do in Chiang Mai... eat and drink.