Quick Immigration Question

ha55ha

I've not been to Immigration since they have supposedly changed the ticket system(?) so I'm not sure of the best strategy now

I'm needing to get a re-entry permit tomorrow, what time would be best to go in - Early as possible, or can I stroll in late afternoon and still get one?

Thanks!

Perhaps try strolling in this afternoon and if it dosen't work you can go in early tomorrow.

I personally would suggest giving your self at least a day early. i can't imagine sitting there Knowing I need it today and they are not going to be able to get to me. Immigration is the one thing I take serious.

I just spent the better part of today at immigration getting a tourist visa extension. Arrived at 9:15 a.m.

Have to stand in line to get a number and they don't even pass them out in order. First I got 67 and got back in line and got 56.

Nobody is explaining anything and especially newbies are getting majorly confused.

The number sign over counter one was broken. The guy processing extensions was just saying the number in a quiet voice so nobody knew whose turn it was.

I applied for a 30 day extension and got 7 from today. Had to ask for it to be corrected.

There was one guy I was talking to there and basically spent the whole day getting a re entry permit.

After an experience like that today I really can't argue with someone saying Thailand is basically broken.

Oh yeah then rode the motorbike home in traffic and hard to not notice all the recent accident paint markings all over the roads.

At least I don't have to go back for a while....

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

I went to the pub after getting my number, came back three hours later handed in all my guff then waited an hour to get it back. It has to be said, there is a rare selection of roasters frequenting the place. I saw Johnny Cash's big brother and a Belgian <deleted> get lifted for taking photos inside immigration.

I went to the pub after getting my number, came back three hours later handed in all my guff then waited an hour to get it back. It has to be said, there is a rare selection of roasters frequenting the place. I saw Johnny Cash's big brother and a Belgian <deleted> get lifted for taking photos inside immigration.

You would be better understood if you wrote in plain English. Roasters? Guff?

Re-entry desk should be open if int' flights are scheduled, but guessing you'd need to do it for same day departure. How about get to airport early and see; if not, nip over to Imm' and wave 500 baht around for fast throughput. /failing that, there's defo one at Swampy (Bkk).//

As an aside, starting to thing Jeff's multi-entry visa is the way to go...

Edited by jackr