I Need A New Printer.....

StefanBBK

• 6 months later...

Giving this older thread a little bump.......

My latest Cannon mp250 just krapped out on me one month after the guarantee expired.....this is the third 3 in 1 printer/scanner that has done the same thing on me, dying shortly after the guarantee is finished. Actually it has been the printer heads that malfunction, but that causes the scanner to fail. Why don't they make a decent printer/scanner??

So, do I get a separate printer and scanner?? or go with another cheapo 3 in 1 plastic throw away??

• 4 weeks later...

Its the cleanings that drink up all the ink

That's true, but as long as you use tanks the ink is so cheap it doesnt matter.

Those printers with a tank are they bought with the tank(s) or was it modified later?

Edited by Jack Mountain

Those printers with a tank are they bought with the tank(s) or was it modified later?

Can buy complete with tanks fitted

• Like 1

Get a laser, best decision I've made. You don't need color, either. See posts above.

And get a separate scanner. I've worn out several printers before I needed a new scanner.

Suggest you check for Linux compatibility, just in case. Canon's not so great, Brother & Samsung are better. My Epson V33 scanner works w/ Linux.

Get a laser, best decision I've made. You don't need color, either. See posts above.

And get a separate scanner. I've worn out several printers before I needed a new scanner.

Suggest you check for Linux compatibility, just in case. Canon's not so great, Brother & Samsung are better. My Epson V33 scanner works w/ Linux.

And if high quantity...use the cheapest Brother....like 2000 Baht and refill from 1 kg bottle toner and you are on a unbeatable price per page.

When it wears out buy a new one......

Can buy complete with tanks fitted

I bought one 2 days ago at Tucom, a Canon MP237 (Printer + Scanner) with the tanks available but not hooked up yet. Had to wait 45 minutes and then it was all done. Totalprice, printer and external tanks (placed in a nice box) 2700 Baht.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I need a new printer too.

I have noticed now that there are Epson printers available with Epson tanks already fitted from the factory. Does this mean that for refills all I would have to do is buy bottled ink? Or is there a catch?

I thought the printer industry revolved around selling the little cartridges at obscene markups.

Canon Pixma with bottle feed conversion cost me 2500bht with ink, and is good. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, good until the guarantee expires after a year, then the heads automatically fail on you.........have gone thru 3 canons and they all did the same. Waste of plastic!!

Canon Pixma with bottle feed conversion cost me 2500bht with ink, and is good. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, good until the guarantee expires after a year, then the heads automatically fail on you.........have gone thru 3 canons and they all did the same. Waste of plastic!!

Hmm, seems to be a widespread problem with the Canons..bah.gif

Three days ago, my MP287 died. (~ 20 months old).

It was fitted with a "Ciss" system (ink tanks) too.

Switched it on, than it threw a "P10" error, which means "logic board failure" or "print-head voltage to high".

I think in my case it's a board error, because the printer is absolutely dead.

Crap.

Edited by roban

Just bought a Brother DCP1510 laser printer for 2990 baht and very happy with the performance. Print is very crisp and toner cartridges are only 900 baht, that will do around a 1000 pages.

When they tell you 1000 pages, than it will be something like 700 pages which isn't that bad for at home.

And you still could refill it.

Just bought hp 3545 from it city which I'm happy with.

Printer/scanner/copier/wifi

3490 baht with 2 cartridges

hp replacement cartridges 268 baht each. 1 black 1 colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OP, after reading this thread I'm sure that you will know exactly what to buy!! Kinda like going into a store where all of the salesclerks get kickbacks from different vendors!

OP, after reading this thread I'm sure that you will know exactly what to buy!! Kinda like going into a store where all of the salesclerks get kickbacks from different vendors!

best is to check the prices and availability at JIB, HW House and Invadeit. Than check the toner/color price, maybe search the printer at amazon.com to read some reviews and buy it.

I usually buy at invadeit, as I am too lazy to go to 3 shops who tell mai me.

Just bought a Brother DCP1510 laser printer for 2990 baht and very happy with the performance. Print is very crisp and toner cartridges are only 900 baht, that will do around a 1000 pages.

When they tell you 1000 pages, than it will be something like 700 pages which isn't that bad for at home.

Even 700 pages would last me at least two years, maybe more.

Even 700 pages would last me at least two years, maybe more.

One problem we had: if there isn't printed enough, after some time the prints got cloudy. I guess moisture is the problem. So if you just need 350 pages per year, don't hesitate to print something more, because after 2 years your toner might anyway get problematic. Try to keep your printer as dry as possible. For example you don't use aircondition on the day, but in the night. Put the printer in your sleeping room. As the aircon takes out moisture it may add a few month of toner life.

For us it would last 1 week or less. 100 page per day....I guess more.

You won't believe what an office in Thailand uses paper. A copy for the revenue department, a copy for the bank, a copy of every page of the book bank, 4 copies of the invoice 1 copy of the receipt, etc etc etc.

And we are tiny mini company and we are known to be rude on the phone if someone want some additional nonsense printed....no we don't send another copy, we send an email, pay your invoice no need to get a payment advice on paper for 1 invoice of 50 Baht etc etc.....

It is improving here but still I think from everything we do there are 2 copies at the revenue department, 2 at the customer, 2 with us etc etc.. Just ridiculous.

After I saw 1 month with over 10.000 Baht just toner (OK that month we had a seminar where everyone got a copy) I refill.

• 2 weeks later...

h90 ... some sage advice above ... thumbsup.gif

Have a read also of this thread ... 3-in-1-printer-recommendations

Recommended outcome from that discussion was the Canon MP287.

I bought one for the Thai Family ... works fine.

Well, a product update ... 6 months down the track and the printer is going fine.

Has been to shop one ... why ... not enough pages being printed ... clogged print heads.

Seems to be durable enough.

As for me at home, I opted for a BnW Lazer because I'm 1/2 here and 1/2 Thailand and the print heads would just clog.

h90 ... some sage advice above ... thumbsup.gif

Have a read also of this thread ... 3-in-1-printer-recommendations

Recommended outcome from that discussion was the Canon MP287.

I bought one for the Thai Family ... works fine.

Well, a product update ... 6 months down the track and the printer is going fine.

Has been to shop one ... why ... not enough pages being printed ... clogged print heads.

Seems to be durable enough.

As for me at home, I opted for a BnW Lazer because I'm 1/2 here and 1/2 Thailand and the print heads would just clog.

Carefully when you don't use the Laser Printer too much. I sometimes get clouded prints if the toner gets very old. I guess it get moisture as I don't know about that in Europe.

But the moisture is just a guess...Don't know if taking the toner out and wrap it in plastic may help (with or without these water absorbing packages)?

I solved the problem here by buying a network printer and let everyone with low frequency of printing use it together, instead of 4 printer.

In my guess the problem happens >1 year, maybe 2

• Like 1