Thai Government Bans Xanax

webfact

One solution is that Thailand introduces prescription only for these types of hard drugs, if that isn`t the case already? And of course making these drugs illegal in Thailand will only drive the sales under the counter.

But I do completely agree with the banning of these drugs. Many victims have died, being over dosed with date rape drugs or them being mixed with alcohol or other types of drugs, turning the mixture into a deadly chemical cocktail, so there has to be a starting point somewhere, although I really don`t believe it`s going to solve the problem and perhaps will only slightly decrease the risks of women falling foul of becoming date rape victims.

Like me, anyone who has a young daughter, and has concerns about the possibilities of drug related rape, I am sure will welcome the ban, as it`s better than nothing.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with the Thai government, as much as possible of these chemical shit products from Pfizer and similar companies must be banned. Chemicals in your body can never give you any benifit.

best go anorexic then, have you read a food label lately, trying telling a cancer patient morphine is not good for you body. So chemo not good to fight cancer, and all the Aids drugs on the market that extend life. Ever wondered why life expectancy has gone up.

Life expectancy in Thailand has gone up? Stats please wai2.gif

Where did I say Thailand but it probably has, so which out of hundred's available to show you, World Health Organization is I guess best http://www.who.int/g...t/en/index.html Note decreasing mortality rate to sh*t chemical drugs

Thai health statement, next time maybe just google

Thailand's highly successful government-sponsored family planning program has resulted in a dramatic decline in population growth from 3.1% in 1960 to around 0.4% today. Life expectancy also has risen, a positive reflection of Thailand's efforts in executing public health policies.

Edited by marstons

People's anxiety just shot through the roof!

Shaping up to be a run on it. After it becomes illegal you will have to buy it from your Heron dealer.

I don't think the people that need it have to worry too much, it's like everything else here that is illegal.......it's available at the right price. I'm sure there are people who are addicted to it and will pay a higher price, unlike alcoholics and smokers who do far more harm to themselves and others, but can purchase it anywhere.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

One solution is that Thailand introduces prescription only for these types of hard drugs, if that isn`t the case already? And of course making these drugs illegal in Thailand will only drive the sales under the counter.

But I do completely agree with the banning of these drugs. Many victims have died, being over dosed with date rape drugs or them being mixed with alcohol or other types of drugs, turning the mixture into a deadly chemical cocktail, so there has to be a starting point somewhere, although I really don`t believe it`s going to solve the problem and perhaps will only slightly decrease the risks of women falling foul of becoming date rape victims.

Like me, anyone who has a young daughter, and has concerns about the possibilities of drug related rape, I am sure will welcome the ban, as it`s better than nothing.

Do you really think banning them will prevent the sale, cocaine is banned here but is now at its lowest level for years price wise. One thing the minister has done is give the recipe for making a date rape drug 400 x 1 smart guy. I do understand concerns for ones children but maybe this is not a country to bring up a child where a senior government minister says its not rape as the lady accepted a lift home on a motorbike from her assailant. Her chances of being raped will be considerably less in your home country, unless your from India of course. Xanex is one of the easiest drugs out to buy online with no script. he has named one drug when there are plenty others that can be substituted.

Best she never travels on a bus or motorbike as that will reduce her chances of being involved in a motor accident. Alcohol is the biggest date rape drug going but is not banned and never will be.

Edited by marstons
  • Like 1

I was recently in Bangkok pattaya hospital, I took my legally obtained Xanax in to aid sleep, the doctor saw them and said they are addictive and not good you should stop using them. Few minutes before the nurse had been in and said oh Xanax they are good for sleep I use, I asked where she obtained them, she said the doctors gave them to staff if they asked, Maybe she gave the doctor something else in return. TIT

recently ordered a weight loss supplement from the US (Rasberry Ketone) in a quantity that could be only for personal use. I have been notified that I need to pay 2500+ Baht for the Thai FDA to approve it. I have advised that I will not pay it so probably will never see it. Is there some new idiot bureaucrat in charge coming up with this crap? Anyone else having these kind of problems?

Your delivery will be available at MBK tomorrow - you can probably buy it there for less the 2,500 THB. I had similar issues years ago with a product that was proprietary. My product - and I was the only manufacturer, was seen the next day at MBK such that Customs remain the crooks they always have been.

Thai Med system is strange. Wen't Thai hospital worried I had an infection. The doctor didn't take any tests, just gave anti-biotic. I asked to take any mesures to determine what it may be. She said I don't think I have anything... but just in case take this.

I google it, and it's banned in the USA due to awful side effects. It also said DO NOT TAKE IT unless you sure you have this particular strain of bacteria.

It was a decent hospital too.

Now the government bans Xanax? Ban alcohol, far worst date rape drug.

Edited by RuskiCat

What BS. There are numerous benzodiazepines on the market, any of which if used in excess will cause drowsiness. Xanax is used in the medical field because is has a short half-life. It can be used to temporarily decrease anxiety, such as a visit to a dentist office or for individuals who have undergone extreme mental trauma, and it is also used to induce drowsiness in individuals with insomnia -- and due to the short half-life of the medication one does not wake up drowsy. Perfect example of inept, uninformed politicians with knee-jerk reactions. Or I wonder if there is a new drug out that is more expensive that has properties similar to Xanax that has just hit the market. The best way to get rid of competition is to lobby the government to banned your competitors product. That would be something to look into. There is something very strange about the logic here.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

With this decision, word is out that xanax can be used for date rape, people using xanax for anxiety will have to find another molecule, and xanax will still be available on the street at a much steeper price. Loose loose IMO.

The government should come out with a press release in a few weeks saying they studied the effects of xanax and came to the conclusion that it doesn't work for date rape and xanax will be available again by prescription only from specialized doctors such as neurologists.

They might as well apply this to the other 'zepams' to control their avalability and make sure they are available only (almost) to those who really need them.

My 2 cents...

Well, if you really want it, go to a government hospital or clinic to get. It will be cheaper anyway. And although this is a totally stupid law, there are other Benzothiazines on the market with almost identical properties if you really need them.

Also in the article, the Food and Drug Administration secretary-general Dr. Boonchai Somboonsuk proposed that Xanax was often mixed with krathom (an illegal plant-based stimulant by the way). But he didn't say for date rape. So what? That's like saying if I mix rufinol with Coca-Cola, the government should outlaw Coca-Cola (although I am sure EST <yuk> would remain on the market). LMFAO thumbsup.gif

I use Thai baht for my dates, works very well, a trip to the gold shop also helps.

555 clap2.gif

So true!!! And I'd prefer my lady to be 'active and aroused' instead of laying there like a cold fish. It's amazing how arousing 1 baht of gold can be. Quite the aphrodisiac, although the effect wears off all too quickly. rolleyes.gif

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

I use Thai baht for my dates, works very well, a trip to the gold shop also helps.

555 clap2.gif

So true!!! And I'd prefer my lady to be 'active and aroused' instead of laying there like a cold fish. It's amazing how arousing 1 baht of gold can be. Quite the aphrodisiac, although the effect wears off all too quickly. rolleyes.gif

I think that approach only works on hookers, or women with a similar mentality.

555 clap2.gif

So you have never given a woman a diamond ring? Men grow cold As girls grow old, And we all lose our charms in the end. But square-cut or pear-shaped, These rocks don't loose their shape. Diamonds are a girl's best friend. From the songbiggrin.png

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

Alprazolam was prescribed by a doctor at BKK's most prestigious hospital (according to them) when I asked for something to sleep easier and longer. That was some 5 years ago. Unwilling to pay their exorbitant charges on a regular basis I found a pharmacy In Pattaya who sold me a sleeve of 10 tablets for 180 baht. Since 1mg is more than I need to get a solid 8 hours in, I break the tablets in half and this dosage suits me just fine. I no longer stare at the ceiling long into the night listening to the snores of her that does the ironing. I take medication to control my blood pressure and take a blood pressure reading every morning 30 minutes after taking my magic pill. I have noticed a definite correlation between the amount of rest that l have had and my blood pressure reading.

Last week a doctor at the hospital that I now use rather than the BS palaces masquerading as caring hospitals prescribed a 3 month supply for which I paid less than half the unit price that I was previously content to pay. He did warn me that they were addictive but I was able to reassure him that I did not experience any craving for the medication and that if I felt that this was the case I would come to discuss the matter with him. Raspberries to the misguided and apparently misinformed Thai Government, I now have a 6 month supply.

Alprazolam was prescribed by a doctor at BKK's most prestigious hospital (according to them) when I asked for something to sleep easier and longer. That was some 5 years ago. Unwilling to pay their exorbitant charges on a regular basis I found a pharmacy In Pattaya who sold me a sleeve of 10 tablets for 180 baht. Since 1mg is more than I need to get a solid 8 hours in, I break the tablets in half and this dosage suits me just fine. I no longer stare at the ceiling long into the night listening to the snores of her that does the ironing. I take medication to control my blood pressure and take a blood pressure reading every morning 30 minutes after taking my magic pill. I have noticed a definite correlation between the amount of rest that l have had and my blood pressure reading.

Last week a doctor at the hospital that I now use rather than the BS palaces masquerading as caring hospitals prescribed a 3 month supply for which I paid less than half the unit price that I was previously content to pay. He did warn me that they were addictive but I was able to reassure him that I did not experience any craving for the medication and that if I felt that this was the case I would come to discuss the matter with him. Raspberries to the misguided and apparently misinformed Thai Government, I now have a 6 month supply.

Her that does the Ironing? Wow, you got off lucky, most I know are married to SWMBO. She Who Must Be Obeyed.

555 clap2.gif

...which, based on your assertion, would make approximately 95% of the women in Thailand hookers, or women with a similar mentality. Interesting! dry.png

Edited by connda

Is there anything else that can be bought OTC instead that can help with sleeping?

Dramamine and older style allergy medicines. However, you'll wake up groggy and feeling like crap. Legally pharmacys can't sell any benzodiazepines over the counter, but you don't have to have Xanax. There are many benzodiazepines that have almost the identical effect. Go to a government or private clinic and get a prescription. No problem.

Her that does the Ironing? Wow, you got off lucky, most I know are married to SWMBO. She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Simple, just get a new model multi-purpose dishswasher/ironer/bed warmer.

Facetious but can't resist. smile.png And too true, easier said than done! whistling.gif

And to stay on-thread, I understand the prohibition doesn't come into effect until July so anyone can stock up on several years worth if so inclined.

Edited by Bpuumike

Before you jump all over the Thai government look what they are trying to do with guns in the US.

Again hunting is a good thing. Having a gun is not a bad thing. Making people that are law abiding go through hoops while there is o control over the criminals is stupid.

People are still going to bring the drugs into the country.

The Thai government should put a ban on the drugs with a 10 year penalty plus time for the trafficking added on in Bangkok Hilton.

Same should be done in the US. Do a crime with a weapon no matter if it is a knife or gun get an extra 15 years non parole eligible added on to what ever the crime is.

The misuse of a medication designed to help people is a whole different thing than the intentional, or even accidental, discharge of a weapon designed to do one thing : kill.

The law abiding citizens are not to blame - accidents and intentional use by normal people who are angry or drunk or whatever, IS one major part of the problem - if the guns are NOT readily available, then that section of the problem will reduce by an enormous amount - it WILL save lives - even one, is still worth it.

Back to the banning of a medication - this is an unreasonable knee jerk reaction - with no consideration for those who may need the drug for real medical conditions. How patently stupid.

555 clap2.gif

...which, based on your assertion, would make approximately 95% of the women in Thailand anywhere hookers, or women with a similar mentality. Interesting! dry.png

Sorry - had to make the correction above...

• Like 1

Although I don't take Xanax, it really makes me angry when governments ban substances that clearly have medicinal benefits. Case in point? Marijuana. It's been shown time and again to have pain relieving benefits for people suffering from some of the most painful/debilitating diseases. Another example? Ecstasy (or actually MDMA). Studies have shown it works wonders for combat veterans, domestic violence victims, or anyone else suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Last example? Ketamine. A rather obscure drug, but I just read a study where they actually found that Ketamine worked almost instantly to relieve major depressive disorder vs. traditional anti-depressant medications which can take between 2-4 weeks to start working. A much better option for that person who's on the ledge about to jump.

Now if you'll excuse me I have severe allergies and congestion, need to pop out and pick up some actifed. Oh wait... ermm.gif

Although I don't take Xanax, it really makes me angry when governments ban substances that clearly have medicinal benefits. Case in point? Marijuana. It's been shown time and again to have pain relieving benefits for people suffering from some of the most painful/debilitating diseases. Another example? Ecstasy (or actually MDMA). Studies have shown it works wonders for combat veterans, domestic violence victims, or anyone else suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Last example? Ketamine. A rather obscure drug, but I just read a study where they actually found that Ketamine worked almost instantly to relieve major depressive disorder vs. traditional anti-depressant medications which can take between 2-4 weeks to start working. A much better option for that person who's on the ledge about to jump.

Now if you'll excuse me I have severe allergies and congestion, need to pop out and pick up some actifed. Oh wait... ermm.gif

About to jump or be given flying lessons?

Indeed, now what did I come to the Farmacy for? whistling.gif

• 1 month later...