Pheu Thai Candidate Pongsapat Leaps Ahead: Bangkok Poll

webfact

So called middle classes.? Yes, so called by people like you from the red camp, always quick to label sweepingly in this fashion all the people of Bangkok who didn't vote PTP, and used by way of an insult: educated middle classes = uncaring, out of touch, evil, yellow shirt people. If these uncaring, out of touch, evil, yellow shirt people do vote for Pongsapat, as you clearly hope and expect, i suspect there will be a sudden change of tone towards them. And the shift from dismissing their vote as unrepresentative and uncaring, to holding it up as evidence of how wonderful PTP are, will be swift and seamless.

Or, perhaps, Bangkok residents have warmed up to the PTP and agree with the policies presented by their candidate?

Sometimes people do see the light. It took Saul of Tarsus the brutal Pharisee zealot to have his epiphany on the Damascene Road.

I draw your attention to Acts 9 (KJV). As Saul was transformed into Peter the apostle, all the years ago in the bleak city of Damascus, so too may the residents of Bangkok be having their very own epiphanies. Perhaps they have seen the light, the way forward and are slowly but surely coming to be one with the party that shall deliver Thailand from bondage. Just as Moses led the Israelites across the desert back to their home from which they were taken to be slaves in Egypt, so too is the PTP leading the people of Thailand.

Or they might just be like moths drawn to a light bulb, doomed to fly about disoriented until they dehydrate and wither.

I don't know and I don't care because as my professor of animal behaviour used to say, sometimes the simplest explanation is the most appropriate. In which case, I'd say that the surveys do not take into account the actual people that are both legally allowed to vote and that will indeed go and vote and, that the policies of the candidate are popular with the respondents in the poll. The day after the election, Bangkok will still be a depressing, filthy, polluted mess of a city filled with pasty stressed out people. I'd much rather hang out in Hua Hin, the place where Thais of good standing go.No slums in Hua Hin and no touts offering deviant dvds. There is even a Sizzler. Seriously, how much better can it get than a Sizzler!!!

off course bangkokians have warmed to his ideas they are the city dwellers populist policies. A toilet at every bus stop. a fire station in every community, fire hydrants in every street. free bus travel, free something else i can't remember. And just like the incumbent government no word of how it's going to be paid for or when it will be built.. nothing solid .. just smoke and mirrors from the shining police man... because lets not forget.. even though HE was the one that amended the police/pcc fiasco contract.. HE is not being summoned for questioning because the ever loyal DSI chief Tarit Pengdith IS TO BUSY MUDDYING THE WATER FOR THE DEMOCRATS AS A PARTY.

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick rundown on 2009-01-11 Bangkok Governor election results. Turnout 2,120,721 out of 4,150,103 voters.

1. MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra, Democrats Candidate No. 2, Total votes: 934,602 : Winner!

2. Yuranan Pamornmontri, Pheu Thai Candidate No. 10, Total votes: 611,669

3. ML Nattakorn Devakula, Independent Candidate No. 8, Total votes: 334,846

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok_gubernatorial_election,_2009

So called middle classes.? Yes, so called by people like you from the red camp, always quick to label sweepingly in this fashion all the people of Bangkok who didn't vote PTP, and used by way of an insult: educated middle classes = uncaring, out of touch, evil, yellow shirt people. If these uncaring, out of touch, evil, yellow shirt people do vote for Pongsapat, as you clearly hope and expect, i suspect there will be a sudden change of tone towards them. And the shift from dismissing their vote as unrepresentative and uncaring, to holding it up as evidence of how wonderful PTP are, will be swift and seamless.

Or, perhaps, Bangkok residents have warmed up to the PTP and agree with the policies presented by their candidate?

Sometimes people do see the light. It took Saul of Tarsus the brutal Pharisee zealot to have his epiphany on the Damascene Road.

I draw your attention to Acts 9 (KJV). As Saul was transformed into Peter the apostle, all the years ago in the bleak city of Damascus, so too may the residents of Bangkok be having their very own epiphanies. Perhaps they have seen the light, the way forward and are slowly but surely coming to be one with the party that shall deliver Thailand from bondage. Just as Moses led the Israelites across the desert back to their home from which they were taken to be slaves in Egypt, so too is the PTP leading the people of Thailand.

Or they might just be like moths drawn to a light bulb, doomed to fly about disoriented until they dehydrate and wither.

I don't know and I don't care because as my professor of animal behaviour used to say, sometimes the simplest explanation is the most appropriate. In which case, I'd say that the surveys do not take into account the actual people that are both legally allowed to vote and that will indeed go and vote and, that the policies of the candidate are popular with the respondents in the poll. The day after the election, Bangkok will still be a depressing, filthy, polluted mess of a city filled with pasty stressed out people. I'd much rather hang out in Hua Hin, the place where Thais of good standing go.No slums in Hua Hin and no touts offering deviant dvds. There is even a Sizzler. Seriously, how much better can it get than a Sizzler!!!

off course bangkokians have warmed to his ideas they are the city dwellers populist policies. A toilet at every bus stop. a fire station in every community, fire hydrants in every street. free bus travel, free something else i can't remember. And just like the incumbent government no word of how it's going to be paid for or when it will be built.. nothing solid .. just smoke and mirrors from the shining police man... because lets not forget.. even though HE was the one that amended the police/pcc fiasco contract.. HE is not being summoned for questioning because the ever loyal DSI chief Tarit Pengdith IS TO BUSY MUDDYING THE WATER FOR THE DEMOCRATS AS A PARTY.

Has everyone for gotton the $190 billion Debt incurred illegally (without referral to govenment) by the Bangkok Democrats most likely for an oportunity of a corrupt payment?

Has everyone for gotton the $190 billion Debt incurred illegally (without referral to govenment) by the Bangkok Democrats most likely for an oportunity of a corrupt payment?

What are you talking about?

The two should have a naked oil wrestling contest to see who is the winner.

or naked twister, on second thoughts that would make me vomit.

The private sector in Silom and Sathorn would be asked to grow trees on their roofs.

I think he is trying to out do the science minister with the stupid boat propellers to fix the flood issues. cheesy.gif