Btv Internet Been Down Since Yesterday Afternoon - Anyone Else Having Problems?

Mobi

I'm out by Mabprachan Lake and my BTV internet connection has been down since early, yesterday afternoon.

Once in a while it comes back for a few seconds and then crashes again. Early this morning it was on for about 5 minutes, but nothing much since.

The BTV office says it is due to a power failure in Nong Prue, which I am disinclined to believe, especially as the cable TV and everything else is working as normal, and there is 'something' coming through the modem but not enough to make anything work.

The last time I had anything like this it was traced to a fault outside my house, so I am wondering if the same has happened again.

Before I start getting mad at BTV, I was wondering if anyone else in my area was experiencing similar problems?

Thanks for any replies.

I am near you, Mobi. I have been having problems with BTV (so what's new?) since last evening, but it is on more than off, but just barely. At about 11:00 this morning, I gave up, turned off the computer and went into Pattaya. Since I came back at about 5:00 this evening, it has been working "ok".

Off topic maybe, but how good is BTV internet during normal service?

Where I live, very good I would say, I am on-line +99% of the time and the speed almost always at the 10kps I pay for.

When they set it up they told me that my underground cable from the street to my house was bad. They pulled a new cable (air) free of charge.

TOT was a disaster compared to BTV so never again unless they get their shit together.

I have been off 99.99% since Monday , lunchtime.

I have notice that after 11 p.m. and before 8 a.m. there is a very weak connection - but not even strong enough to to a speed test - but during the rest of the day zilch!

The router LED's flicker between orange (no connection) to green (connection) but the signal is never good enough to even turn on Skype, let alone access a website.

This is my third year with BTV and by and large I have been pretty happy. It has been about 95% reliable, and this is by far the worst experience I have had.

About 6 months ago I had similar problems but on that occasion I was still getting a connection, albeit extremely slow and the engineers came round and replaced some cables and a connection point outside my house.

I instantly got 10 mbps but soon after, it dropped back to between 2-3 mbps and has been more or less like that ever since. Not great but good enough for my purposes.

So I am still unsure if they are bullshitting me about replacing some equipment somewhere outside or it is a problem unique to my house.

Will get the GF to call again today, and if not satisfied, a visit to their office may be needed. (with a baseball bat...sad.png )

Thanks for the replies so far , and would appreciate any additional feedback.

Mobi

Well they are still insisting that they are fixing/upgrading equipment, even though no one else in the area seems to be having problems. Grrr

Anyone have any experience of TMN?

Think I'll pop over to their office and see what they have to offer....

TMN wants 2,675 Baht per month for a 14 Mbps connection. No other deals are available.

That's more than I used to pay for IP star satellite a few years ago!

Even the girl behind the desk agreed with me that it was very expensive!...

Well they are still insisting that they are fixing/upgrading equipment, even though no one else in the area seems to be having problems. Grrr

Anyone have any experience of TMN?

Think I'll pop over to their office and see what they have to offer....

Friend of mine on your village told me last night his BTV was also playing up, so you are not alone it seems.

Where I live, very good I would say, I am on-line +99% of the time and the speed almost always at the 10kps I pay for.

When they set it up they told me that my underground cable from the street to my house was bad. They pulled a new cable (air) free of charge.

TOT was a disaster compared to BTV so never again unless they get their shit together.

I've been with TOT since July last year. 8 mbps for 740 Baht per month. Can't complain. Failed twice for a couple of hours, and slows down somewhat on the weekends, but ok all in all.

It came back on around 5.30 p.m yesterday.

Speed is definitely better than it has been for a while at 3.37/0.17mbps (DL/UL) but still way below the 10 mbps I pay for.

I had no internet for 21/2 days. The first time we called they said they would send someone to check, the 2nd time, that there was a power outage and the 3rd time that they were fixing/replacing some equipment. If I was running a business I would have been tearing my hair out!

I know I am expecting too much, but you would think they could get a bit more professionalism into their front-line staff, and instruct them what to say to customers.

It wouldn't have been that hard to announce in advance that there would be some down time in some areas, like EGAT does. They could have announced it on BTV news, which most BTV subscribers watch.

They don't seem to realise that if they were honest , they would command much more respect and loyalty. Also subscribers could make temporary alternative arrangements if their need was critical.

As it is I am still looking at alternatives.

Does anyone know if the 3BB wifi service is available on the Darkside, and if so, is it reliable?

Mobi

My BTV connection same as yours. Found out they were repacing parts on the posts outside Natheekarn Park View Estate and they were there for 2 days sometimes 4 vehicles. They told me that all of the estate was affected.

Today the speed is back to normal for me. One connection 10 by .5 now seems to be 10 by 1.0 and my second connection which was 7M by 0.5M is now 7.0m by 1.0 m.

Hope you are back to normal this morning

Mobi

My BTV connection same as yours. Found out they were repacing parts on the posts outside Natheekarn Park View Estate and they were there for 2 days sometimes 4 vehicles. They told me that all of the estate was affected.

Today the speed is back to normal for me. One connection 10 by .5 now seems to be 10 by 1.0 and my second connection which was 7M by 0.5M is now 7.0m by 1.0 m.

Hope you are back to normal this morning

Thanks for that.

It is really strange that neither me or GF saw any of those trucks, and we were in and out frequently, but I do not doubt what you have said. We must be blind.

I am still a bit pissed off about my speed.

As mentioned above, I pay for 10 Mbps but now have 4 by 0.1, and although it is marked improvement on what I have had over the past few months (ususally under 3),it is still way below the speed I am paying for.

Think I will do a print out of the speeds over the next few days and take it down there.

I've been with TOT since July last year. 8 mbps for 740 Baht per month. Can't complain. Failed twice for a couple of hours, and slows down somewhat on the weekends, but ok all in all.

Think you should visit the TOT office. I've got 10MBps for 540Baht. I went to upgrade a couple of years ago and got twice the speed for less money, they don't necessarily put you on the latest, cheapest packages so I regularly visit them on Central Road whenever I see a new poster or special offer.

You need a landline for TOT. Unfortunately I don't have one.

Well it was pretty good for 1 1/2 days but at 2 pm this afternoon my BTV internet crashed again and I have had no internet ever since.

Anyone else? Or is it just me ?

Thanks for any feed back.

@Mobi

I am sure you can get one installed however it will cost you.

(This is just an example)

In my wife's village (Up Country) she informed me that someone got TOT installed (first one in the village) and it cost them around 20.000 THB in total. The internet came from another village around 2-3 km away.

I don't know if this is feasible, but you can always ask TOT or maybe even better (after today () ) 3BB.

Regards

Think you should visit the TOT office. I've got 10MBps for 540Baht. I went to upgrade a couple of years ago and got twice the speed for less money, they don't necessarily put you on the latest, cheapest packages so I regularly visit them on Central Road whenever I see a new poster or special offer.

Thanks, but I don't think I can upgrade before one year is over, committed for this time, and received a discount for the first 3 months. At is happens, it went down all afternoon today. The home didn't have a landline before I moved in, TOT installed about 200m free of charge.

Well it was pretty good for 1 1/2 days but at 2 pm this afternoon my BTV internet crashed again and I have had no internet ever since.

Hi Mobi,

I live quite close to you but I don't know if BTV was OK or not yesterday afternoon as I was out. Last night it started disconnecting but seemed OK when I went to bed. This morning it was disconnecting every few minutes from 6.30 until about 7.45. I always think this is when BTV staff report for work, discover a fault and fix it. (It has happened before) Right now (9.23) it is working but at a reduced speed to that I have been recieving these last few weels. I have been quite happy with BTV for the last 3-4 years having used T N T before that.

Hope things pick up soon !

@Mobi

I am sure you can get one installed however it will cost you.

(This is just an example)

In my wife's village (Up Country) she informed me that someone got TOT installed (first one in the village) and it cost them around 20.000 THB in total. The internet came from another village around 2-3 km away.

I don't know if this is feasible, but you can always ask TOT or maybe even better (after today (http://www.thaivisa....lands-internet/) ) 3BB.

Regards

Thanks.

yes I've had them installed before so I know the form and as you say it is often expensive but these days, not so much.

The problem is that I am in rented accommodation and not sure how long I will be there, so getting landlines installed is out of the question especially as you have to get the owner of the property to sign the forms, and the ownership of my rented house happens to be in the middle of a legal dispute!!

For me it's either cable, WiFI or 3G. - (or Satellite - which used to cost me a fortune and was useless).

I use AIS 3G as a back up, but these days I can only get Edge at home - too many users I guess, but it gets me on-line but impossible to do any downloading etc.

I will go and talk to 3BB today.

Still waiting for the BTV engineer to appear....

Hi Mobi,

I live quite close to you but I don't know if BTV was OK or not yesterday afternoon as I was out. Last night it started disconnecting but seemed OK when I went to bed. This morning it was disconnecting every few minutes from 6.30 until about 7.45. I always think this is when BTV staff report for work, discover a fault and fix it. (It has happened before) Right now (9.23) it is working but at a reduced speed to that I have been recieving these last few weels. I have been quite happy with BTV for the last 3-4 years having used T N T before that.

Hope things pick up soon !

Thanks for your input.

I am really confused.

There is another BTV user in the same estate as me who has two BTV internet connections and has been getting nigh on 10 Mbps on both of them ever since the service came back on on Wednesday. (Apparently they were fixing something just outside the estate for 2 days)

Yesterday my internet went off at 2 p.m and I had nothing until this morning when it came back, but the speeds are not great. Yet this other guy had uninterrupted 10 MBPS connections all yesterday afternoon and evening, and he is in the same estate as me!

I have never, ever had anything over 5 mbps, even though I pay for 10.

Early this morning he has had a few speed problems, but I assume now OK, and now I am online at around 3 mbps.

<deleted> is going on???

Can anyone explain it?

Perhaps your cable is bad. BTV found my underground cable bad after they were inside my house and tested the connection. They pulled a new cable from the mast just at my gate and then though the roof and down to my office and it was free of charge (well I had to pay for the cable), and I got a fast connection since.

This is very easy for them to do, they test at your connection on the mast and then inside the house and then they know if the cable on your property is ok or not.

• 6 months later...