2.5 Hours And Not A Word About Chiang Mai Consulate?

elektrified

Interesting dilemma. However much one might be pleased at the prospect of the destruction of outlying symbols of the American empire, one finds oneself concerned by the prospect of collateral damage hurting innocents.

Would you care to give us the countries that make up the American Empire.

Or are you just a disgruntled citizen who like many of us can not get a visa for are partners?

So you just make up absurd statements.wai2.gif

Interesting dilemma. However much one might be pleased at the prospect of the destruction of outlying symbols of the American empire, one finds oneself concerned by the prospect of collateral damage hurting innocents.

Would you care to give us the countries that make up the American Empire.

Or are you just a disgruntled citizen who like many of us can not get a visa for are partners?

So you just make up absurd statements.wai2.gif

Simple answer to all your questions: No. thumbsup.gif

Seems a pretty bigotted statement to me.

I struggle with this one, given that the -- or at any rate a typical -- definition of bigot is '

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.' But I imagine you were just trying to grab and apply a word that seemed to you would make your statement a proper denunciation.

smile.png

I struggle with this one, given that the -- or at any rate a typical -- definition of bigot is '

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.' But I imagine you were just trying to grab and apply a word that seemed to you would make your statement a proper denunciation.

smile.png

How about "poseur"?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

smile.png

Perhaps you are correct....... I struggled for quite a bit, but out of respect for this forum, I didn't want to say a$$hole comment. Your statement was way out of line. ....... and bigotted does in fact fit perfectly. ..... now..... go a-courtin and you do ride , sword and pistol right by your side.

smile.png

I think the reason your statement might seem bigoted is that the way you've phrased it could be taken as ambivalence for support on an attack on the embassy. I trust you didn't mean it that way, but at first blush I was also a bit taken aback. Perhaps it was your undefined use of the word "dilemma", which primes the following statement to be read as if an attack would only be unsavory if innocent (again, undefined in this case - the embassy staff, or passers-by?) folks were blown to smithereens. Surely an attack on an embassy is a tragedy, even if no one is killed. But again, I'm confident that's not what you meant.

Yes, I'm appalled with this statement, too. Also one in the "news" portion of this forum where someone said it would be a "win-win" proposition to close down the American consulate here. Clearly, people making these posts haven't used their "American citizen services" and seen what good, caring people they are.

Before I had occasion to interact with the Am. Consulate in CM, I'd always thought the joke about "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" applied to all branches of U.S. government. Nope, it's really true with the folks at the Consulate; they do help numerous U.S. citizens in need and CM wouldn't be as good a place for retirees without their presence.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

Yes, I'm appalled with this statement, too.

Not as appalled as the many innocents killed during US occupations of their countries. Adding 'freedom' to the name of forced occupations of oil rich countries only fools fools imo.

though many folks disagree with the actions of the US, attacking an embassy is akin to shooting the messenger. let's not confuse one for the other. if i don't like a thread on thaivisa, do i throw tomatoes at their office? well, i might if they were suffering a severe tomato shortage inside, but otherwise, not.