St Mary's Udon

CTO

Wife's youngest sister has been attending St Marys for past eight years. She's now 15 y/o. Has been a very good experience for her. She boarded with a private family her first year. If you talk to the admins at the school, they can provide recommendations. I believe they do have boarding at the school under the supervision of the Sisters. Although a catholic school, they don't push the religion on the kids. Also have lots of organized after-school activities. I recommend the school over a govt school. Lots of kids from farang/thai parent households, govt officials, business people, etc. Price is reasonable as well.

Thanks Frangme, appreciate that and it is inline form what I have observed, but no direct experience your post is great!

We went there yesterday, daughter came in the top 10 children of the new students in the exam for starting high school.

We then visited a private home owned by a married couple who are teachers from the school, daughter loved the place so looks like we are set.

Thanks again, gives me some peace of mind hearing your comments!

I don't actually see that here so much with kids, I've seen parents asking for assistance in problems and issues a number of times, I see people saying how great their wives are more often - but that is just the good side of love I think, we want the best, hope for the best, it's how you plan for that, finding the right school (which is what I am doing here) finding the right career paths and personal plans for a happy future that are what delivers results.

Nothing is perfect, we've adopted kids here as well as raised different kids as our own, about 9 to date so far, two haven't turned out so well, one I knw would always be a problem and needed that extra level of care and attention that she just didn't get. The other is a great kid, but lazy about his future, the others I am happy with the results so far.

How'd your's turn out?

I have assisted a few kids. One scored in the top 50 kingdom-wide on the college entrance exam (before I met him). Then after I met him, he further studied and became a University lecturer. Now on full Thai Government scholarship for PhD ex-Thailand for the next 4 years. Blind since birth BTW.

Edited by JLCrab

You know, if this was about me, I'd ignore you, but it's not,

It's a sad day when parents can't express their joy, I applauded your great contributions, but you just seem to be full of some sadness that needs to pull others down,

So to disclaim your post, the school had a few hundred apply, she's 2 years younger for her grade, so I am happy my daughter did so well, just as I am happy when my kids who are challenged go beyond their own expectations,

So please, take your negativity somewhere else,

• Like 1

This is an open forum. I posted a quote from a NY Times best-seller list author with no comment. You got all worked up about it. A few years back I posted some of my efforts on here with kids with disabilities and got hooted. If you and some of the others have no sense of humor maybe you should go somewhere else.

I was never spoofing your daughter or her achievements ... only you.

Edited by JLCrab

So a few years back you posted about the good stuff you've done, and you should be proud of it, I'd have applauded it, but some tossers hooted you, and now you

You do the same thing?

Makes sense I guess to some, not sure about the humour.

When I made those posts a few years back, I learned that, when you post on an open web board, you'd better have a thick skin. Not everyone chooses to see the world in the same way.

All I did in my original post on this topic was to repeat the remark of a famous social commentator from the USA who is represented even in London UK by the world's largest literary agency. If you want to interpret that as 'negative', that is up to you. I thought it was hilarious.

Best of luck to your daughter in her continued studies.

Thanks, appreciate that, I hope she does well too,

To be fair not every kid is suited for an academic path, I loved the idea of TAFE colleges in Australia, like the Community colleges in USA where people learnt a "Trade", I also still remain supportive of apprenticeships, Interesting in Cambodia they have seen the lack of skilled "Blue Collar" trades people, and have set up a place just to make sure they have enough people, too many people think "Get a computer degree and I am set" in developing worlds, so there is a dearth of skilled trades people.