Multiple Entry Non-Immgrant B Visa In Penang

First and farmost I want to thank everyone who helped me a couple of months ago while I was in Penang. Everything turned out fine other than that small hiccup. Well I am about to embark on another trip to Penang next week from the 20th until the 22nd in hopes of getting my Multiple entry Non Imm. This is my first time ever getting a multiple entry in Penang and I am a little nervous. Are the requirements identical for getting the one year visa as they were for the 90 visa with the only difference being that I must show proof of my work permit? Do I need to fill out any special paperwork before I leave Thailand? Lastly, do I need to worry about that dreaded khrusapha (sorry for my piss poor transliteration attempt) in Penang? Oh, will the place be open on the 22nd? The 25th is a religous holiday if I am not mistaken.

Again, thanks a million,

Lynn

One of the requirements for the single entry non imm is the khrusapha or courses proven that you have attempted to pass it. I have not had the opportunity to take these courses due to my location and I am unable to rely upon the school to assist me in obtaining a temporary teaching license.

Khurusapa is the Teacher council of Thailand, which gives out the teaching license and waiver there of. (You don't ned one for language schools).

If your school is not willing to help with writing a simple letter, you might want to consider looking for another school. Without the teaching license or waiver it is hard to get a work permit.

I unfortunately work at one of the most disorganized government school in southern thailand and I will be looking for greener pastures as soon as possible. It took me nearly 2 months just to get the required documents together just for my 90 day non imm b visa. I was under the impression that a Khrusapha is not a prerequisite in getting a work permit. It’s when the teachers try to extend their visa at immigration when they run into problems. That's why I would like to bypass the local immigration by going to Penang and thus bypassing the entire Khurusapa ordeal.

in my area they do not ask for the teaching license or waiver at labor but at immigration when you extend your visa. That brings me back to my orginal question in my opening post: what are the requirements for a multiple entry non imm b in penang?

You will need your work permit as a minimum. Plus all the documents needed for the single entry visa.

I suspect they would also want to see the teachers license also.

I suggest you contact one of the many agents in Penang. They should be able to answer your questions.

Edited by ubonjoe

in my area they do not ask for the teaching license or waiver at labor but at immigration when you extend your visa. That brings me back to my orginal question in my opening post: what are the requirements for a multiple entry non imm b in penang?

Here is alink to the requirements:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

For a Multiple Entry One year Non Immigrant Category 'B' you will definitely require the Work Permit with > 8 months validity.

Until recently Penang were asking for 8 Million Company Capitalisation, although I have two reports of applicants from newly formed companies (Less than 6 month old) who have recently been successful with < 8 million capitalisation.

It is not yet clear as to whether this reflects a change in policy regarding Non 'B' Multiples by Penang, or if they are just reacting sensibly to cases where the applicant cannot get an Extension within Thailand due to the National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.1 requirement for two fiscal years of financial statements; which is, per se, not possible for newly formed companies with otherwise extension eligible employees.