Motorbike With Sidecar Backslides Down Hill And Flips, Killing One: Phuket

webfact

Motorbike with sidecar backslides down hill and flips, killing one

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A motorbike with a sidecar carrying six Burmese workers slid down a hill and flipped over in the Blue Canyon Country Club in northern Phuket yesterday, killing one and seriously injuring two.

newsjs

Police received the report of the accident at 6:50 pm and rushed to the scene with Kusoldharm foundation rescue workers.

“One of the passengers, Mr Muang, told us that they worked at the Blue Canyon Country Club and were returning home after work. Their motorbike had trouble going up a hill, and eventually slid down it at a high speed and flipped over,” said Chat Chai Police Duty Officer Prakob Boonkwan.

A Blue Canyon Country Club staff member clarified to the Phuket Gazette today that the Burmese workers were not part of their staff, but were part of an outsourced construction team working on a condominium project within the country club.

“Mrs Su, 35, died at the scene. One female passenger suffered a broken arm and one of the men broke a leg. The others were not seriously injured,” Lt Col Prakob added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...-one-20248.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-15

"A motorbike with a sidecar carrying six Burmese workers..."

Totally illegal, but commonplace. So let's have a crack down on sidecars carrying people. Oh, didn't we have one of those a few months ago?

So which is safer ? sidecar or

post-42643-0-16521900-1360917287_thumb.j

• Like 2

Totally illegal, but commonplace. So let's have a crack down on sidecars carrying people. Oh, didn't we have one of those a few months ago?

Yeh but nooooooooooooo BiB to be seen until after an accident event. sad.png

So the crackdown 18 months ago didn't work.

Will PTLO Chief Teerayout Prasertphol resign because of his failure and will the Blue Canyon Country Club be fined the appropriate amount for causing the death of the worker and will they be forbidden to use such transport again?

(No need to answer - it was rhetorical.)

post-35489-0-95935200-1360920356.jpg

Link: http://www.thaivisa....rbike-sidecars/

post-35489-0-95935200-1360920356_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ohh, again, all you folks came here a couple of months or years ago need to judge on Thai life!? If you don't like it go HOME NOW. They used to drive around with Salaengs before you're born and they still do. Most of them can't afford a car because 90% of you guys (so called Expats) complain everyday, all the time, how expensive this or that is. You are a poor bunch of Kee-Neeouws, actually not worth to talk about. You built or want to build your house, villa but you don't want to pay for it.. That's too expensive, that's not good enough etc. etc. Rural people here have to get on with their lives, send their children to school and sell their goods from their Salaeng (BBQ chicken, Som Tamm, Malako, Khai Thod, Guwee Thieaow, MaMuang etc etc) to make up their daily life. And of course they can't buy a car NOW for 500k+ THB when they make 300-500 THB a day. If you want to complain, set up a Fund to support all Salaeng Drivers to be able to get a car for the price of a Salaeng. But do not interfere in their own life in their own country! If you want to do so, you are at the wrong place and should go back where you come from. And please if you decide keep up staying here: SHUT UP and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.. Thank you

• Like 2

Ohh, again, all you folks came here a couple of months or years ago need to judge on Thai life!? If you don't like it go HOME NOW. They used to drive around with Salaengs before you're born and they still do. Most of them can't afford a car because 90% of you guys (so called Expats) complain everyday, all the time, how expensive this or that is. You are a poor bunch of Kee-Neeouws, actually not worth to talk about. You built or want to build your house, villa but you don't want to pay for it.. That's too expensive, that's not good enough etc. etc. Rural people here have to get on with their lives, send their children to school and sell their goods from their Salaeng (BBQ chicken, Som Tamm, Malako, Khai Thod, Guwee Thieaow, MaMuang etc etc) to make up their daily life. And of course they can't buy a car NOW for 500k+ THB when they make 300-500 THB a day. If you want to complain, set up a Fund to support all Salaeng Drivers to be able to get a car for the price of a Salaeng. But do not interfere in their own life in their own country! If you want to do so, you are at the wrong place and should go back where you come from. And please if you decide keep up staying here: SHUT UP and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.. Thank you

So you haven't got a motor eh. Hmmmm, you drive on the wrong side of the road, same at night with nooooo lights and have five passengers on a vehicle made for two. Hmmmmm, but if we have an accident it is my fault. Hmmmm, think YOU should go home and learn something to teach the natives here. rolleyes.gif

What TA said. I got as far as 'If you don't like go home now' and ignored the rest... I realised I was reading the ramblings of an idiot in his flawed attempt to take the moral high ground...

The reason I voted motorcycles with sidecars as Phuket's worst drivers in the other thread:

Twenty one years ago we lived right on the corner of the soi leading into Wat Chalong. Directly opposite was a sala and we'd often park our motorbike to the side of it to keep it in the shade and well out of harm's way. As we were sitting outside one evening a salaeng loaded with rider and four passengers came around the corner at high speed from the direction of Phuket Town, lost control and sped directly through the sala into our bike. Once it got loose, the rider appeared to have absolutely no control over it whatsoever.

Fortunately noone was too badly injured (a few cuts and bruises) and they pushed their bike home after dusting themselves off. We've laughed about it from time to time as it now seems a little comical but actually it was lucky it was not far more serious.

I hate salaengs - they are dangerous and passengers should NEVER be allowed to ride on them. We could just as easily have been looking at dead bodies that day.

(Oh, needless to say, despite assurances we never received a single satang in compensation for our damaged bike which cost about 3000 baht to repair IIRC).

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Where are the helmets?

In the side car. smile.png

There is no sidecar. And no room for helmets either. I assume you don't think they would put them om their heads, do you?

Tragic accident and sorry for the person killed and injured.

I have one of those, the bike with a side car, which i use daily to take my dogs out.

Its fun to drive(but not as easy as it seems), HOWEVER when this things are made its not exactly a factory with quality control.

One time, the side car disconnected from the bike, so i went one way, while dogs went the other.laugh.png on Sukhumvit road, doing about 60km/h

I freaked, dogs seemed really excited, lucky traffic was low and cars stopped to allow the side car ALONE with dogs to slam into the pole.(dogs were not hurt, pole was dented smile.png)

Other time, wheel came off on the side car, again dogs looked really happy while we all slammed into the wall, lucky again wall was not hurt(my pants were slightly wet)

The moral of the story is, these things can be dangerous even with minimum amount of people wai2.gif

PS, Special note for Transam, i was wearing helmet, dogs helmets were in the side cargiggle.gif

Edited by lemoncake

cheesy.gif

Why does a picture of a long haired hippy with baggy pants suddenly enter my head?

• Like 1

Where are the helmets?

No need for helmets, the bike is not moving, it is parked on the side stand.

What a magnificently idiotic post. I must remember to go back and hit the "like" button.

Why don't you just say papaya salad, papaya, fried chicken, fried noodles and mangoes?

Or, are you trying to show how in touch with your "Thai-ness" you are.

If you actually speak the language the same way as your transliteration, may I humbly suggest that you take some basic Thai lessons?

• Like 2

No such thing as road ghosts. Sorry, l see Thai folk with zillions of Buddhas stuck on their dash board but they still die.

You can hand out what you like but folk still die, whether you, me or a soldier. Using your head saves lives, nothing else. thumbsup.gif

Oh my Buddha, Thai brother! do you drive a Salaeng by any chance? Because I really HOPE you do...It just so happens that I do as well. Who are these farangs or "so called expats" to tell us smart Thai people what to do? One time I strapped my 3 week old daughter to the gas tank of my Hello Kitty scooter with bungee cords, and this "so called expat" came up to me and told me that it wasn't safe. I let him have it. I said "How dare you come to my country with your large genitals and Western education, and act like you know it all! Why you no go back to your country?! My family strap baby to gas tank of Hello Kitty scooter before you born! One time my mom (not really my mom, but some lady that my real mom dumped me off with when I was four years old) was driving with me sitting on the handlebars of her scooter and she stopped suddenly. I flew off and hit my head. But am I dead? No! Because my mom she make offering to road ghost before she go drive with me. You don't even know about road ghost do you? Why you not go back to your own country with your Jenifer Love Hewitt and your Tom Hanks and leave us Thai people alone. You belive in Darwinian selection and you say that all of us stupid Thais will eventually die off in road accident--not true! Because we don't believe in Darwinian selection. We believe in ghost that live in banana tree, and ghost that live in jungle that suck your toes, and we believe that ghost is everywhere and if you buy him Johnny Walker and some candy, then it doesn't matter what you do. Don't you understand you "so called expat", that amulets and sak yant tattoo can stop bullets?? If not true, then why do Thai Army general hand out amulets to his soldiers before fighting with Cambodia? You see "so called expat", you don't understand Thai people. You should go home to your country.

Just don't forget to send my wife (your girlfriend) that Western Union payment next month--I need to gamble.

Absolutely the best and most accurate post I have read here in a long long time....;-)