Non Immigrant O For Marriage?

Hi All

I am recently married and have been on a Non Immigrant B visa for the past 3 years or so. I was going to get another Non B visa because I have had no trouble in the past with them as I export a considerable amount back to my Business in my own country.

I was not interested in the NON IMMIGRANT O Visa as I dont want to get involved with immigration asking and checking bank accounts and looking at income etc etc. I chap the other day informed me that their are two types of Non Immig O visas. One is when you want a full year without leaving and are basically living here. This one you need to show income and savings etc and the other one Is a Non Immigrant O multiple entry, where you need to leave every 90 days. This one apparently is for foreigners married to thais who work overseas and need the visa just to visit their wife etc. Apparently their is no requirement for checking of income, savings etc but you do need to leave every 90 days.

Can anyone confirm the above.

Thanks

There is only one type of O non immigrant visa that you can obtain on the basis of marriage but they come in two versions. One is a single entry which allows a 90 day stay and the other is valid for one year or trips and called multi entry. The multi entry type is what you want. You need marriage certificate and should have copy of wife id card. In the local are Penang is the best place to obtain (many Consulates do not like to issue the multi entry type).

The other, which requires proof of money in bank is an extension of either of the above type on a yearly basis and provided by immigration inside Thailand. As long as you can deposit 400k from outside Thailand in a Thai bank account this allows you to stay here with no travel requirements for one year periods.

JT65,

if you have a business in the UK i persume that you go back now and again. Why not get the 1 year o-visa based on marraige to Thai at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull, it costs 90 pound, they dont ask for any evidence of money in bank. You need a copy of your Thai marraige cert and a translation.

Still, isn't it strange that you need a VISA at all being married to a Thai (for some years now)? I man, if you chose to return to the UK or wherever, your wife wouldn't be needing a VISA, would she, expect maybe for the first year?

Still, isn't it strange that you need a VISA at all being married to a Thai (for some years now)? I man, if you chose to return to the UK or wherever, your wife wouldn't be needing a VISA, would she, expect maybe for the first year?

Motivation?.....falangs MONEY!

I've been married to a Thai for 16 years and getting one year extensions since 1992.

Something one learns to live with when in Thailand is all. I try not to take it personally.

A Thai wife most definately needs a visa to enter the Uk, no matter how long you've been married :o

Things might have a different name in "UK or wherever", but pretty much the same principles apply many places.

If my wife and I wanted to settle in my Scandinavian homecountry, she'd need a 'permit to stay', which she'd had to renew once a year, only granted if our income suffices. After SEVEN years of back-to-back renewals, she can apply for a permanent residency.

Where's the difference?

A Thai wife most definately needs a visa to enter the Uk, no matter how long you've been married :o

Yes but after 3 years she can apply to become a citizen.

It is NOT that easy in Thailand.....................