Rental Business

joey88tc

I plan on moving to the sisaket area this year...im looking for a small business...could there be any equipment that i could purchase that could be rented out that could make me fair money on my investment..... for example is there any farm machinery i could purchase for around 1 million baht and rent it out with an operator for approximatle 1500-2000 baht per day...thanks for your help

- Farm machinery for 1 million baht will get you very little "farm machinery". The renting out of farm machinery is highly seasonal (no 365 day business per year.)

And most of all: You wold have to run it through a Thai-Family/Thai-Wife-Front. Next to all the legal matters, as a farang you would not get any orders by Thais: "Why suppurt a rich farang in the first place" when there are 25 bulldozers in the neighborhood and owned by Thais, that have "nothing to do"!

Face it: For this line of business you are massively undercapitalized. And above all: Stay away of resident-farangs, that mention the words "no problem" in every sentence.

Cheers.

Underwriters Laboratories could save a lot of testing money by coming to Thailand for their product testing. If the Thais can't break or destroy the product, you can be sure it is indestructible and would pass any test.

You don't believe that? Loan something to a Thai and see what kind of condition it is in, IF it is returned. I learned my lessons the hard way.

Joey, I know of a business which is coming on the market in Sisaket soon. Not in the rental area but could form a hub to build a network without having to purchase yourself. PM me if you would like more details.

Aussie,

What is the business for sale?

L-I-E,

And for that matter anyone else interested, send me a PM for details as the business belongs to a friend. Don't bother if you are chasing a fire sale as the reasons for sale are not related to the success of the business to date or its prospects.

Underwriters Laboratories could save a lot of testing money by coming to Thailand for their product testing. If the Thais can't break or destroy the product, you can be sure it is indestructible and would pass any test.

You don't believe that? Loan something to a Thai and see what kind of condition it is in, IF it is returned. I learned my lessons the hard way.

Gary, how true! I don't know anyone who hasn't been through "Its old anyway." "Why should I care, its not mine?" "You never use it anyway!" and the best excuse given to me yet, "If I could afford to fix yours, I would have bought my own!"