Do You Get Mad When Your Wife/gf Speaks Thai With Another Expat/tourist?

rct99q

I've got three homes, which one would you like me to go to?

You seem to be lacking certain social skills, I think that may account for your inability to get along with farangs in Thailand. After all you are the only consistent in all these failures to build friendships.

Sad that you didn't realize that.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacking in social skills? Gee, I hope so. BTW 6000+ posts in less than 2 years and some quite lengthy. You sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

BTW2 John McCain, some people say lost the 2008 election to Barack Obama, when he was asked "How many homes did he own" and he said he didn't know he'd have to check with his staff. One can own lots of houses but that doesn't make them all homes.

Edited by JLCrab

I'm sure the women are very impressed with your ability to speak Thai. It would be unnatural for most men to appreciate this.

Most women aren't going to appreciate their significant other admiring another's stuff: rack, butt, car, house, car, intelligence, clothes, ethnicity... etc...

Most men aren't going to appreciate their significant other admiring another man's stuff: rack, butt, car, house, car, intelligence, clothes, ethnicity... etc...

Your chatting and laughing with another's lover. He has no idea what you're saying. Thai women are notorious for cheating. (Obviously not all do. But I read somewhere like 60% of them have.) Come on. You're asking for trouble. What do you expect them to be friendly with you? You're asking to get hurt.

You smell ripe.

I not speak Isaan but with google translator iPhone and iPad is easy to talk with the people I write something in German and the phone talk thai!

Maybe you should use google translator for English too.

I've got the best of both Worlds, and I'm not trapped in Thailand like many of you are.

I genuinely believe the Fly in, Fly out Brigade have got it made, we don't have the stresses on us that apparently result in so many expats becoming sour faced social cripples.

The OP pointed out exactly the type I'm talking about. Seriously, pathetic.

I gotta agree with Blether on this one.

The fly in, fly out brigade have the best of both worlds, as long as they don't mind sharing.

• Like 1

Who the h--l says I'm trying to find farang male friends? You're late to the party -- everyone has gone home happy.

Besides, from 2 other topics, it seems the guy above is writing about being in Thailand while being in Scotland I remember when one of the Hippie mantras from the 60's was "Be Here Now!"

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61CggFqGI2L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

So what if I'm in Scotland? I'll fly into CM this month for a three month stay, and I'll fly in to an excellent social circle both Thai and farang.

I've got the best of both Worlds, and I'm not trapped in Thailand like many of you are.

I genuinely believe the Fly in, Fly out Brigade have got it made, we don't have the stresses on us that apparently result in so many expats becoming sour faced social cripples.

Sour faced social cripples.

Is you like talkin' about them blokes what can't get birds in their own countries?

Or is you like talkin' about them blokes what don't live in Thailand but is got zillions and zillions of post counts?

You, a farang male, should all be more concerned when your Thai female partner speaks to another Thai female partner of a farang male. These women usually don't know that I, the other farang male with a Thai wife, speak Thai. What I sometimes overhear your female partners say would embarrass the crap out of most of you: only in it for the money, absence of physical attraction, younger Thai boyfriend on the side, penis size, sexual prowess or lack thereof, etc, etc.

You, a farang male, should all be more concerned when your Thai female partner speaks to another Thai female partner of a farang male. These women usually don't know that I, the other farang male with a Thai wife, speak Thai. What I sometimes overhear your female partners say would embarrass the crap out of most of you: only in it for the money, absence of physical attraction, younger Thai boyfriend on the side, penis size, sexual prowess or lack thereof, etc, etc.

They could easily just say such things when YOU are not listenting. But that isn't the point of the OP is it. It's about farangs talking thai in front of another farang that doesn't understand. That's just bad manners. Edited by FDog

The fly in, fly out brigade have the best of both worlds, as long as they don't mind sharing.

Wicked post, mate.

I know what you means about them birds what does the sharing.

Some of them birds shares it with everyone.

I count fast. But I'll let someone else take over;

gee I thought we had got rid of you while overseas and yet I turned

on my computer and went to TV and there you were aggggggg!!!!!!!!

Crossing threads to take quotes out of contect?

Pathetic

@Tommo.....I don't have a thai wife / partner / girlfriend so nothing to share

I don't have a thai wife / partner / girlfriend so nothing to share

If you ain't got no bird in Thailand and you don't live in Bangkok, how comes you is always posting on this fourum.

Ain't you got no mates or no bird back home?

Do keep up, you're looking like a tosser.
  • Like 1

I don't have a thai wife / partner / girlfriend so nothing to share

If you ain't got no bird in Thailand and you don't live in Bangkok, how comes you is always posting on this fourum.

Ain't you got no mates or no bird back home?

Do keep up, you're looking like a tosser.

Ain't easy to keep up if you've got a life, mate. Know what I mean?

Gotta go out now. Got people to meet and stuff to do. Innit.

Ain't not everyone is like glued to fourums. Know what I mean?

• Like 1

Well I've been called miserable, mean, cruel, despicable, opportunistic, and a few choice others but 'pathetic' is a new one. I'll have to translate it for the Thai girls. I'll also be checking with my accountant to see if that qualifies me for any tax exemptions.

BTW, when you show up to engage in your wide social network in CM, do you go by yourself or do you take a stage lighting and sound crew along with you?

• Like 2

What language would you suggest?
Your local one. duh!!!

My local one would be village Lanna.

Not much use when I am more than 20Km from our village.

Would seem slightly pointless .... but hang the Mrs. mum speaks Lao, first language village Lanna or Lao.

How about if I learn her second regional language, CM Lanna.

Or should I learn her third language Central Thai?

And many of her friends speak southern Thai .......... she switches effortlessly between them depending on who her conversation is with. That's five different languages she commonly speaks.

Which to choose?

I'd stick with Central Thai, amazing how many Thai's can speak it compared to those who can't .

BTW, when you show up to engage in your wide social network in CM, do you go by yourself or do you take a stage lighting and sound crew along with you?

A big impression to be made with the beyond beautiful crowd and dodgy BKK hoteliers.

Edited by wooloomooloo

What language would you suggest?
Your local one. duh!!!

My local one would be village Lanna.

Not much use when I am more than 20Km from our village.

Would seem slightly pointless .... but hang the Mrs. mum speaks Lao, first language village Lanna or Lao.

How about if I learn her second regional language, CM Lanna.

Or should I learn her third language Central Thai?

And many of her friends speak southern Thai .......... she switches effortlessly between them depending on who her conversation is with. That's five different languages she commonly speaks.

Which to choose?

I'd stick with Central Thai, amazing how many Thai's can speak it compared to those who can't .

Great idea, but this topic was about participating in conversations ....... and hardly anyone I know has conversations in central Thai. I mIght as well stick to English, just as many conversations happen around me in English as in central Thai.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

As a wise old expat once told me " When in Thailand, rent everything..............."

I think it was the same guy who said (about sharing) "Rent a girl for the duration of your stay. When you go back home you don't lose your girlfriend - you only lose your turn".

• Like 1

You post about everything ....

I must have missed the post about you and Ms. CM restaurant parting company.

Last time you mentioned her wasn't it all about her being different ..................... or do I remember wrong?

• Like 2

So does it upset you when an expat, tourist (foreigner) talks with your

girlfriend or wife in Thai and not always including you in the

conversation. Some partners know excellent Thai and I find it very

useful practice to talk with fellow foreigners as it helps me with my

Thai, but most of the time the partners know a bit of bar Thai and that

is it.

I don't give my wife the opportunity to interact with Thai women who have foreign male partners.

Prevents all sorts of trouble.

That's a good idea, as at some point, the question about how much money they get from their husband/boyfriend will be compared. tongue.png

Not the only thing that gets compared. tongue.png

Who the h--l says I'm trying to find farang male friends? You're late to the party -- everyone has gone home happy.

Besides, from 2 other topics, it seems the guy above is writing about being in Thailand while being in Scotland I remember when one of the Hippie mantras from the 60's was "Be Here Now!"

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61CggFqGI2L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

So what if I'm in Scotland? I'll fly into CM this month for a three month stay, and I'll fly in to an excellent social circle both Thai and farang.

Sour faced social cripples.

Is you like talkin' about them blokes what can't get birds in their own countries?

Or is you like talkin' about them blokes what don't live in Thailand but is got zillions and zillions of post counts?

Are you posting drunk?

OP - You rambled on a bit too much there and your post could have been much shorter, but yes, to be honest it does wind me right up. It makes you feel like a right old spare just standing there.

Btw, I have been here 12 years and know a little Thai. But I don't see the point in learning fluent Thai, because when speak Thai you just get laughed at and belittled and get the words thrown back at you. Extremely annoying.

Edited by hotandhumid
  • Like 1

As a wise old expat once told me " When in Thailand, rent everything..............."

I think it was the same guy who said (about sharing) "Rent a girl for the duration of your stay. When you go back home you don't lose your girlfriend - you only lose your turn".

What do I do about my dog. Rent? Heck no. She is a faithful as the sun coming up every morning. She only loves me. Won't take food from anyone else. Won't let anyone else get near her. She is a one man dog. She is never on a cell phone or flirting with anyone else. If I go out she sits there and waits till I return. Rain or shine no difference she is there waiting.

• Like 1

You post about everything ....

I must have missed the post about you and Ms. CM restaurant parting company.

Last time you mentioned her wasn't it all about her being different ..................... or do I remember wrong?

Nah the last time I mentioned her it was the leg tattoo......so I said to her " Tommo says your a hooker so you're dumped ".

ps I don't post about everything, it's an optical illusion.

Hmmmm ......More like Visual Pollution.

Nah the last time I mentioned her it was the leg tattoo......so I said to her " Tommo says your a hooker so you're dumped ".

ps I don't post about everything, it's an optical illusion.

If they do not fix this posting probem with deleting quotes I will go crazy.......Now don't say anything

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1