Do You Get Mad When Your Wife/gf Speaks Thai With Another Expat/tourist?

rct99q

@Tommo.....I don't have a thai wife / partner / girlfriend so nothing to share

You post about everything ....

I must have missed the post about you and Ms. CM restaurant parting company.

Last time you mentioned her wasn't it all about her being different ..................... or do I remember wrong?

Nah the last time I mentioned her it was the leg tattoo......so I said to her " Tommo says your a hooker so you're dumped ".

ps I don't post about everything, it's an optical illusion.

We know you only post stuff to big yourself up.

But most posters are more honest and post about their success and their failure.

• Like 1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to the post #1 query (remember?), would I get mad if an expat spoke Thai to my wife/gf in my presence? It hasn't happened, but I don't know why I would get mad as, presuming she was interested in speaking at all with any expat, she doesn't speak English so how the heck else would they talk to her?

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

My apologies people did ramble on in the first post.....little hot when I wrote it.

Just every time my wife and I go out we seem to get dragged into a conversation neither of us wants to get involved in. Helping people with menu items or directions or tourist questions are no problem we actually enjoy that kind of stuff.

This evening again. Popular restaurant in Nong Khai (Dee Dee's if anyone knows it) and a Thai woman recognizes me from the GH and sits down at our table and begins in on why her boyfriend should help her family out of something. Takes 25 minutes to try and explain this to her boyfriend all the while trying to enjoy our rare evening out.

Sorry just frustrating!

Last time you mentioned her wasn't it all about her being different ..................... or do I remember wrong?

Nah the last time I mentioned her it was the leg tattoo......so I said to her " Tommo says your a hooker so you're dumped ".

But most posters are more honest and post about their success and their failure.

There's plenty that can't handle the fact that some of us ( most of us, many of us? ) haven't gotten ourselves entrapped in Thailand. I wouldn't swap lives with you, you can take that to the bank. coffee1.gif

Nice discussion guys! Interestingthumbsup.gif

As an objective observant i see Tommo as being too negative and thisBlether as being too positive.

• Like 2

It wouldn't upset me at all. But her maybe. Because I could exchange vocabularies and sentence structure with you all day long. As for the misunderstandings? Well I guess there always are misunderstandings in a relationship, especially Thai-Western relationships, no matter how many language involved. But if you could solve a misunderstanding between my Isaan wife and me, I'd be happy to drop her off at your place for a couple of hours. whistling.gif

Nice discussion guys! Interestingthumbsup.gif

As an objective observant i see Tommo as being too negative and thisBlether as being too positive.

I see one man who's life is full and fulfulling.

I see another man who's consumed with bitterness and self-loathing.

I see one man who gets on with things and does his own stuff.

I see another man who's obsessed with other men's lives and relationships.

I see one man who posts on this forum because he has something to say.

I see another man who posts on this forum in order to bolster his weak and fragile ego.

• Like 1

Nice discussion guys! Interesting

I see another man who posts on this forum in order to bolster his weak and fragile ego.

You a folk singer by any chance?

I don't know what is all this entrapped stuff. I'd be free to and financially capable of leaving tomorrow.

My line: I've got a life here in LOS some guys back home would kill for and some actually have.

• Like 2

I don't know what is all this entrapped stuff. I'd be free to and financially capable of leaving tomorrow.

My line: I've got a life here in LOS some guys back home would kill for and some actually have.

What we've got here is (a) failure to communicate

Captain: You gonna get used to wearing them chains after a while, Luke. Don't you never stop listening to them clinking, 'cause they gonna remind you what I been saying for your own good.

Luke: I wish you'd stop being so good to me, Cap'n.

Captain: Don't you ever talk that way to me. (pause, then hitting him) NEVER! NEVER! (Luke rolls down hill; to other prisoners) What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Nice discussion guys! Interesting

You a folk singer by any chance?

Hit it, Bob.............

• Like 1

QUOTE:

There's plenty that can't handle the fact that some of us ( most of us, many of us? ) haven't gotten ourselves entrapped in Thailand. I wouldn't swap lives with you, you can take that to bank

Then why so bitter?

Edited by theblether

QUOTE:

There's plenty that can't handle the fact that some of us ( most of us, many of us? ) haven't gotten ourselves entrapped in Thailand. I wouldn't swap lives with you, you can take that to the bank.

UNQUOTE

Are you labouring under the illusion this forum is anonymous? give theblether bashing a rest......there are plenty of members sniggering at the stupidity of these posts.

Then why so bitter?

After NOT properly reading a post I made, you called me a prick.

I have not heard any excuses yet.

Face? Bitterness ?

One does get tired, when in describing to other farang one's circumstances when asked, when the nominal answer back in the USA would be "None of your f--kin' business". Then one hears words such as over-paying, p___y-whipped, 'on the payroll', sugar daddy, etc. My reply whether spoken or just to myself is "You have no idea just who is cheating whom".

So I just now tend to avoid occasions that might prompt such conversations / queries pathetic or otherwise. And all is copacetic.

Some people can live the life, others can only visit.

So true, those that can only visit are often quite bitter about it. Looking down on us living here when we don't spend enough according to them. Not realizing the difference between living somewhere and being on a holiday. But they have to put the ones living here down because they can't afford to live here themselves.

Saving up for a holiday then running back home to make money and pretending they know so much about Thailand because they often visit.

That's a fair call Rob, however there is plenty of bitterness among those who do live here aimed at those of us who have a few quid.

I got a gobful last night from some tosspot (who I'd never seen before - I think he was from BKK escaping the beer ban) for buying one of the lasses in my local a 150B T-shirt...

You can't win laddie....

Some people can live the life, others can only visit.

So true, those that can only visit are often quite bitter about it. Looking down on us living here when we don't spend enough according to them. Not realizing the difference between living somewhere and being on a holiday. But they have to put the ones living here down because they can't afford to live here themselves.

Saving up for a holiday then running back home to make money and pretending they know so much about Thailand because they often visit.

That's a fair call Rob, however there is plenty of bitterness among those who do live here aimed at those of us who have a few quid.

I got a gobful last night from some tosspot (who I'd never seen before - I think he was from BKK escaping the beer ban) for buying one of the lasses in my local a 150B T-shirt...

You can't win laddie....

Hahaha, I make enough money here to save and i still don't have to economize. Thing is more that you get used to paying the normal local prices around here so even if you can afford it certain things would seem expensive. (at least that is how it works for me). However if you come from an other place with an other price level everything seems cheap here and your in holiday mode (i spend a lot more during my holidays in Thailand in the south and then i don't compare prices).

For me its more what you get used too not always what you can afford. But i do know of more then a few people living here really feeling the pinch. That might grow some resentment too.

• Like 1

My biggest supporter back home of my living in Thailand is my older brother who basically says: No matter how much you may be over-paying for your female companionship in Thailand based upon the local norms, you could live there at that rate for the rest of your life with the same money I lost on my last divorce.

I'm not one of them who bangs on about what others make. I have had many pals over the years who have been 'humble' teachers on far less than I get and they've all been good lads.

However what I do with my brass is my business (and I'm NOT Rockerfeller!!) and if I can make someone's day buy spending 3 quid on a nice shirt for them, then I will, and no fool sa-peaking (or I should say squarking) bar-girl Thai, is going to stop me doing that.

The only thing that shocked me recently was the price of Lurpak at TOPS! 197 baht....!

^Quite right Mr Crab!! You enjoy it son!!

I'm not one of them who bangs on about what others make. I have had many pals over the years who have been 'humble' teachers on far less than I get and they've all been good lads.

However what I do with my brass is my business (and I'm NOT Rockerfeller!!) and if I can make someone's day buy spending 3 quid on a nice shirt for them, then I will, and no fool sa-peaking (or I should say squarking) bar-girl Thai, is going to stop me doing that.

The only thing that shocked me recently was the price of Lurpak at TOPS! 197 baht....!

^Quite right Mr Crab!! You enjoy it son!!

Same here I have some teacher friends perfectly good guys nothing wrong with them. I don't look down on people making less then me why should I.

I don't need to impress people with money, people who do that usually have little else to offer.